NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George Osborne is threatening the EU with a giant tax haven right on its doorstep

2 posters

Go down

George Osborne is threatening the EU with a giant tax haven right on its doorstep Empty George Osborne is threatening the EU with a giant tax haven right on its doorstep

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:21 pm

George Osborne wants us to know: he’s still here. Maligned by Tories and Lefties alike after the EU referendum, the Chancellor (he is still Chancellor) is nonetheless determined to grab column inches rather than fading away into the background. One might almost think he has his eye on some kind of prize like, I don’t know, the Foreign Office?

Either way, Mr Osborne had a helpful suggestion today. Britain needs to act fast to signal to international investors that it is going to be a hospitable and profitable place to do business. His statement that Britain should aim for corporation tax rate of 15 per cent is not a bad start. That would be a cut of 5 percentage points and give us the lowest rate in the G7 by some margin.

The exact rate he has recommended might not end up being part of the optimum policy mix, because even if austerity is being abandoned, the Government has to be careful with the public finances. But it sends the right message to large multinationals that are having doubts about how open and attractive Britain will be in future as a hub for their businesses.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/04/george-osborne-is-threatening-the-eu-with-a-giant-tax-haven-righ/

As I have said, you make the Uk so attractiv to do buisness with, the EU states will end up will no doubt vote in the majority to bow down to British demands.

Back to top Go down

George Osborne is threatening the EU with a giant tax haven right on its doorstep Empty Re: George Osborne is threatening the EU with a giant tax haven right on its doorstep

Post by eddie Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:51 pm

He is a fucking horrible little Coke-toting weasel.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

George Osborne is threatening the EU with a giant tax haven right on its doorstep Empty Re: George Osborne is threatening the EU with a giant tax haven right on its doorstep

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:53 pm

Yes thanks for that totally irrelvant post Eddie, where i simply am, not interested on your views of the man, but the proposed idea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:59 pm

eddie wrote:He is a fucking horrible little Coke-toting weasel.

And because he's a fucking horribe little coke-toting weasel his brain is addled and he comes up with 'ideas' like this.   We need to get the corporation tax they are supposed to pay and we need to be stopping the bankers and wankers from ripping off normal people.   Only a tax dodging upper class imbecile would come out with this, but I guess it would help his  family.

Last edited by sassy on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:00 pm

I think iam going to report both of you for thread hijacking

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:01 pm

Really? Ok then. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:08 pm

eddie wrote:Really? Ok then. Rolling Eyes

LOL, which seems rather pathetic as I actually addressed the idea the coke head has come up with. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:11 pm

Wierd how is a tax rate of 15% tax dodging?

I call that good buisness.

Considering eddie smokes and admits to smoking drugs, I fail to see how calling someone a coke head is any different.
Irony

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:14 pm

Didge wrote:Wierd how is a tax rate of 15% tax dodging?

I call that good buisness.

Considering eddie smokes and admits to smoking drugs, I fail to see how calling someone a coke head is any different.
Irony

Yes Didge because all drugs are the same. I mean, crack is the same as weed isn't it?
Are you actually doing crack right now? Your mood is weird.

And that was a JOKE. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:17 pm

My point is you go on about coke, where just like you do take drugs, or with many drugs in fact moderation is okay, yet you berate him for taking drugs, when you do the same, which is hypocritical is it not. Again I am all for drugs to be made legal or at the least decriminalized, but to sound off as you pair just did, was infantile, boring and has just about derailed the thread from the first post you made

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:24 pm

I don't think an MP should turn up in parliament coked up.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:28 pm

eddie wrote:I don't think an MP should turn up in parliament coked up.

Should you be in the same house as your children if stoned?

Or after a few whiskey's?

Both are jobs after all.

Neither of which I would condemn, as people can function very well on both

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:45 pm

Ok Didge. If you say so.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:49 pm

eddie wrote:Ok Didge. If you say so.

Hmmmm!   Does set me thinking, if Didge thinks you can 'function well' on coke and obviously run a country's economy stoned out of your skull.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:50 pm

eddie wrote:Ok Didge. If you say so.

So you at least understand the hypocrisy you were making

See, we are understanding each other

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:43 pm

15% is tax dodge cause most places it's closer to 30%
That is literally the point of the 'tax haven' threat

And you can Function on Coke... until you have to pay for it then you might get yourself into crazy debts and might need to provide some ultra-rich dudes with a tax haven to settle the debts
George Osborne is threatening the EU with a giant tax haven right on its doorstep 2387050134
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down