NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain **

+8
Original Quill
Major
HoratioTarr
Raggamuffin
Ben Reilly
Syl
eddie
Tommy Monk
12 posters

Go down

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Empty HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain **

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:16 pm

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Independence-day-united-states-of-america-Quotes-wallpapers-2014
HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** July-4th

AND FOR OUR SISTERS & BROTHERS 
 FROM ACROSS THE POND > > >

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Independence-eve-hed-2013

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Britis10

Last edited by 4EVER2 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Empty Re: HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain **

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:19 pm

Americanexit day then?

Back to top Go down

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Empty Re: HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain **

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:23 pm

And we can have our independence day too when we actually get it rather than just the chance to say we want it...

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:24 pm

Isn't it early? I had to check my phone to see the date. I often don't know the date Embarassed
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:31 pm

eddie wrote:Isn't it early? I had to check my phone to see the date. I often don't know the date Embarassed

I'm starting 'EARLY' ...just giving you all an opportunity to get your 'WARM SALUTATIONS & WELL WISHES' {zingers} in here for me to enjoy! 

And I liked that, Didge ...AmericanExit  should have used that in my title; maybe next year!  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:37 pm

We remember every year us Brits, I'm pretty certain there's been a thread every year.

"Amerexit" sounds like a credit card slogan.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:37 pm

We remember every year us Brits, I'm pretty certain there's been a thread every year.

"Amerexit" sounds like a credit card slogan.
Hmmmm, also sounds like "anorexic" so perhaps not.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:23 pm

Happy Independence day (in advance) to all our American friends.

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Happy-Independence-Day-America1-Copy
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:27 pm

Whoo YEAH!!!

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** American-flag-and-shotgun
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:32 pm

The yanks on here didn't exactly celebrate our independence day, so ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:32 pm

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** 0e5c3aa37b890a9a9da579ea5e30d578752d3b1ee9b20d9030c9742b8967a449
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Syl Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:The yanks on here didn't exactly celebrate our independence day, so ...

Well we are not as churlish as them. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:49 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:The yanks on here didn't exactly celebrate our independence day, so ...

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Brexit12

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:52 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Syl wrote:

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Brexit12

Did you not see the Razz after my comment 4Ever?? Wink

True though that the Yanks often don't 'get' the British humour, yet oddly we 'get' yours.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:55 pm

You should change the caption to say "yet another Remainian who appears to have had a lobotomy"...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:01 pm

Syl wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

Did you not see the Razz  after my comment 4Ever?? Wink

True though that the Yanks often don't 'get' the British humour, yet oddly we 'get' yours.
Oh, I saw the Razz  ...but as I was going to put my joke in here as well ...seemed like the good place to attached it!  Sarcastic/Dry American humor, often gets lost in translation between here and when & where it lands over there! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:03 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Syl wrote:

Did you not see the Razz  after my comment 4Ever?? Wink

Oh, I saw the Razz  ...but as I was going to put my joke in here as well ...seemed like the good place to attached it!  Sarcastic/Dry American humor, often gets lost in translation between here and when & where it lands over there! Wink

I agree it may get lost in translation when it's written....which is why you yourself are such an enigma. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:15 pm

Syl wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

I agree it may get lost in translation when it's written....which is why you yourself are such an enigma. Laughing

You guys do overestimate British humour. It is funny, but mostly it's in the delivery. Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:16 pm

Syl wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

What a nice English way to phrase - 'sick & twisted' ... HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** 371740092    HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** 2035286543

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:41 pm

I was going to wait till the actual day but Rolling Eyes

Here are my face pics, handpicked for my American pals

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Image50
HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Image47
HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Image49
HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Image48
HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Image46
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:42 pm

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Resized_UB0b23
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:05 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

You guys do overestimate British humour.  It is funny, but mostly it's in the delivery.  Razz

I don't think we overestimate our humour....we play it down, that's part of the charm of it. Wink
You Americans cant get enough of the gentle old fashioned humour that was popular here decades ago.
I heard on an American forum I used to post on that sitcoms like "Are you being served" are loved over there.

As for our popular stand up comics....I guess most of you wouldn't understand the local Liverpool, Manchester, Cockney dialects.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:10 pm

Syl wrote:

Speak for yourself. I can be very churlish indeed. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:16 pm

An American joke.... Razz

If someone who speaks two languages is bilingual, and someone who speaks many languages is multi lingual....what do you call someone who speaks only one language???
Yep, you guessed the answer. cheers

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:26 pm

Syl wrote:An American joke.... Razz

If someone who speaks two languages is bilingual, and someone who speaks many languages is multi lingual....what do you call someone who speaks only one language???
Yep, you guessed the answer.   cheers
I have such fond memories of my dearest brother Roy and I sneaking back downstairs to turn the 'BOOB TUBE' on real low and sitting right in front of it to watch 'Benny Hill - BBC'; we'd be sticking a pillow over our faces to muffle our LOL's so we didn't get busted by our parents for being up past curfew on a school night.  Razz

But often we'd be turning to each other simultaneously and going - 'what'd he say?', because we didn't understand WTH he'd just jabbered on about; but lordy, that show was a RIOT!   HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** 3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:48 pm

in that case syl.....would someone who is clever with his words be a "cunning linguist" ? Laughing
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:00 pm

Lord Foul wrote:

in that case syl.....would someone who is clever with his words be a "cunning linguist"  ?  Laughing

Not only clever with words. Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:02 pm

4EVER2 wrote:

I have such fond memories of my dearest brother Roy and I sneaking back downstairs to turn the 'BOOB TUBE' on real low and sitting right in front of it to watch 'Benny Hill - BBC'; we'd be sticking a pillow over our faces to muffle our LOL's so we didn't get busted by our parents for being up past curfew on a school night.  Razz

But often we'd be turning to each other simultaneously and going - 'what'd he say?', because we didn't understand WTH he'd just jabbered on about; but lordy, that show was a RIOT!   HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** 3489511464

Lol...I can imagine that. Benny Hill was much loved over here, he was extremely funny and clever.
In real life he was a bit of a sad figure though, as many very funny people are.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Empty Happy 4th July

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:51 pm

to all our friends in the USA. Hope you all have a great holiday today.

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Th?&id=OIP.M9bec957f01c5aba51b1fe6d37306e820o0&w=300&h=200&c=0&pid=1
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:54 pm

Well done you remembering.  Have a good day now y'all!!!!

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Happy-july-4th-fireworks-jy

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:47 pm

Whatver you're doing, have a great day! cheers

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Image61
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Major wrote:The Yanks wanted and got 'independence'.
After that came the war between North & South America which pitched father against son, brother against brother, friend against friend, family against family, mass slaughter, massacre, murder of fighting men, innocent women children and men, property burned to the ground, industry destroyed, carpetbaggers, thousands upon thousands more unnecessary deaths.

Independence eh.

We don't have very many fathers in South America, Storm. HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** 371740092 Perhaps you are thinking of Pancho Villa and the Mexican Revolutionary War.

fiesta

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:30 pm

Rainiest July 4 I have ever seen. In fact, it's so bizarre to have thunderstorms here on July 4 it's kind of freaking me out a little ...

I blame Brexit.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:34 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Rainiest July 4 I have ever seen. In fact, it's so bizarre to have thunderstorms here on July 4 it's kind of freaking me out a little ...

I blame Brexit.

I blame the Muslims Suspect
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:45 pm

Well, Happy Independence day to you Americans on here. I've never been to the States, yet, but I'm hoping to one day. I have a couple of friends who live there and they are lovely people.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:21 pm

I want to go too.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:26 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Well, Happy Independence day to you Americans on here.   I've never been to the States, yet, but I'm hoping to one day.    I have a couple of friends who live there and they are lovely people.  

Where do they live, HT?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:20 am

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** LcCBcwp
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:22 am

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** QMeG6qk
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:29 am

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Gow459J
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:14 am

My pet has had the shit thoroughly scared out of him, I've dined on both hamburgers and hotdogs, and I've seen enough 'Murican flags today to drape the Mojave in red, white and blue.

Because FREEDOM.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:Well, Happy Independence day to you Americans on here.   I've never been to the States, yet, but I'm hoping to one day.    I have a couple of friends who live there and they are lovely people.  

Where do they live, HT?

One lives in Mechanicsville and the other in Springfield, Missouri.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:12 pm

There are Mechanicsvilles in Virginia, Georgia, Maryland and Pennsylvania.

I once dated a girl from Missouri, north of St. Louis.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Empty FLOODING: Fri/Sat/Sun - Lost Internet Sunday, soooooo

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:24 pm

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!!**Independence Day for America & Happy Separation Day for Britain ** Ecce3c9a670dd018eba18633e3d43a69

So there was just enough breaks in those monsoon cloud bursts for the dim-wit neighbors to rush out to the street and set off all the fireworks that they had purchased; rush off and buy more ...stand at the door wait for the sun to pop out - rush out to the streets and cause more chaos while they could. 
That went on for Sat/Sun/Mon and then I was hoping that after Monday Night that this would finally be 'DONE' ...but NOOOOOO, had to have the local fire works have a huge sale and all of those dim-wits rushed up there and bought more and last night they were out shooting off more night time display until MIDNIGHT!
2 thunder shirts and one dog doped up with Dramamine and we've put this 4th of July behind us - I HOPE! 
Flooding storm water removal out of my basement Saturday night & most of Sunday - Lost Internet Sunday; tower took a direct hit from high winds and lightening - burnt to the ground ...so just now was hooked back up for my Internet but those unfortunate people with that cable TV service will be waiting until 'maybe Friday' --- I have satellite provider TV.  Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Well even though we can attack eachother At times like rabid dogs, I think I might have missed you.... lol!

Is your dog scared of thunder too?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:53 pm

I'm lucky, my cats love fireworks,they will jump on the window cill to watch rockets explode into stars, bangers don't bother them either.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:54 pm

eddie wrote:Well even though we can attack each other At times like rabid dogs, I think I might have missed you.... lol!

Is your dog scared of thunder too?

Like I've said before - our battles remind me of my 'Sibling Fights'; sister from another mother!  Laughing

Just 'Spike' the Wheaten Terrier but after 7+ days & nights of this prolonged 4th of July and then coupled with the horrible storms ...we had another storm blow through here at 3:30am ...both of them were quaky-shaky-quivering masses of dog bodies!  Suspect
So I just got up out of bed and tuned in the 'Cute Puppies' channel and turned the volume up LOUD as I could tolerate and we snuggled on the sectional sofa until dawn.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:14 pm

Ah it's horrible for them isn't it? My mums Doberman used to suffer terribly on Guy Fawkes with fireworks and you always get the stupid idiots who let them off all night until the early hours. Rolling Eyes her other dobie was as thick as a plank (albeit lovely) and never batted an eyelid.

@nicko your cats sound hilarious!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down