NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MP calls on Jeremy Corbyn to resign and 'make way for someone with the backbone to confront antisemitism'

Go down

MP calls on Jeremy Corbyn to resign and 'make way for someone with the backbone to confront antisemitism'  Empty MP calls on Jeremy Corbyn to resign and 'make way for someone with the backbone to confront antisemitism'

Post by eddie Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:23 pm

MP calls on Jeremy Corbyn to resign and 'make way for someone with the backbone to confront antisemitism' after he appears to compare Israel to 'various self-styled Islamic states and organisations'

Jeremy Corbyn has appeared to compare Israel to "various self-styled Islamic states and organisations" at the launch of Labour's antisemitism report.

He said: "Our Jewish friends are no more responsible for the actions of Israel or the Netanyahu Government than our Muslim friends are for those of various self-styled Islamic states or organisations."

A Labour MP who stormed out of a party press conference after being verbally abused by one of Mr Corbyn's grassroots supporters has called on the leader to resign immediately after he failed to intervene.

The Labour leader has insisted he condemns "any abuse of MPs of any kind" but Ms Smeeth said that under his leadership, the party "cannot be a safe space for British Jews".

Mr Corbyn had ignored the criticism of Ms Smeeth during the event, instead focusing on the contents of the review carried out by Shami Chakrabarti.

Mr Wadsworth said: "I have Jewish family and I am a lifelong fighter against anti-semitism and racism. I did not know who Ruth Smeeth was or that she was Jewish. My comments were intended as a tongue-in-cheek repost to the journalist."

Ilford North MP Wes Streeting, tweeted: “You sat there and watched our colleague Ruth Smeeth abused at a Labour event this morning. Your words are hollow.”

It comes as Angela Eagle delays plans to fight Mr Corbyn for the Labour leadership after he defied calls from David Cameron, Ed Miliband and Tom Watson to stand down in the national interest.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/30/angela-eagle-to-launch-labour-leadership-bid-in-battle-for-the-s/

They seem to be baying for his blood at the moment. I feel a bit sorry for him.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

MP calls on Jeremy Corbyn to resign and 'make way for someone with the backbone to confront antisemitism'  Empty Re: MP calls on Jeremy Corbyn to resign and 'make way for someone with the backbone to confront antisemitism'

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:34 pm

MP calls on Jeremy Corbyn to resign and 'make way for someone with the backbone to confront antisemitism'
Sooooo, they'll accept a immigrant ...transplant from Scottland - Australia - Canada ...somewhere that the humans are born & bred with a 'BACKBONE' MP calls on Jeremy Corbyn to resign and 'make way for someone with the backbone to confront antisemitism'  1191311443

G'Day

Back to top Go down

MP calls on Jeremy Corbyn to resign and 'make way for someone with the backbone to confront antisemitism'  Empty Re: MP calls on Jeremy Corbyn to resign and 'make way for someone with the backbone to confront antisemitism'

Post by eddie Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:21 pm

I don't know what's going on but Corbyn seems to have become a fall guy lately.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:37 pm

It's human nature isn't it; much easier to find a 'fall guy/sacrificial lamb' and use it to focus the majorities unhappiness on then the path that we all took to get where we ended up.

Not that you'd want too; but my own state of KS has had the most horrific leadership and this buffoon of a governor is so STUPID - the previous 4 governors have sent him a signed letter - taken it public and have gone in front of an open mic to provide this ass-swipe with a verbal lashing that he so well deserved.  But here's my angst about it all - WHY THE HELL DID HE GET RE-ELECTED ???, just because he was a republican and this is a republican state and they didn't want a Democrat for their governor so they re-elect that dumbass and he's got us in a horrible financial fiasco that we may never dig out of and our schools are being sued by the FEDERAL Public School System because of his budget mandates that were ILLEGAL soapbox  

And you think BREXIT is a problem - we might not be able to open schools come this Sept. if they can't get something resolved ASAP. $98 million budget short fall - just a drop in the bucket for my state MP calls on Jeremy Corbyn to resign and 'make way for someone with the backbone to confront antisemitism'  1363015401

Last edited by 4EVER2 on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:46 pm

We have constituencies here, as you know, and my local MP - the MP for my area, she's great.
You call her, you leave a message and her secretary calls you back within days.

Two big things I managed to ask her for and she came though both times.
She's a conservative. I've never voted for her, funnily enough, but she's really good.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down