NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dilema

+3
Ben Reilly
Victorismyhero
Major
7 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Dilema  Empty Re: Dilema

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:41 pm

I'd have called the cops.....

THAT is an old old scam.......

and if he stank of booze......well theres your answer if he IS short of money.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:49 pm

I've had this happen on a couple of occasions and I've walked the desperate young couple to the nearest fast food place - bought them a meal - listened to their story and enjoy the antics of the little ones. Then and only then did I feel inclined to give them some extra cash after filling up their vehicle with fuel.

I've learned ...it's not wise to just hand over cash to anyone; the family 'IN NEED' often is left to remain suffering because the #1 parent {drug addicted human} that they are will use it to buy another HIT and leave the family to starve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:15 pm

If I have something to spare and someone's asking for it, I just give it to them. I figure if I don't need it, why not? If I can't spare any money, I just tell them, "Sorry, I'm flat broke!"
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:42 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:If I have something to spare and someone's asking for it, I just give it to them. I figure if I don't need it, why not? If I can't spare any money, I just tell them, "Sorry, I'm flat broke!"

Exactly what I do.

Storm, how much was he asking for?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:00 pm

Major wrote:Going back sometime.

I watched a lady give a beggar a pasty she had bought him from Greggz, he refused it as he was a Veggy, she ate it herself and walked away.

Well to be fair I'd have asked him what he wanted and not assumed he ate meat.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:44 pm

Major wrote:Going back sometime.

I watched a lady give a beggar a pasty she had bought him from Greggz, he refused it as he was a Veggy, she ate it herself and walked away.

If you're genuinely starving you'll eat anything.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:48 pm

Major wrote:What a dilema, I have had this many times, here and abroad.

Someone actually confronting, tapping me up for cash.

Sometimes give, sometimes I don't I, of late I have NOT given.

Irishman full of the blarney approaches and starts his bulls**, but is it?

In a 100 MPH voice he says,

"Hello sir, (tries to shake my hand but he was nit quick enough) please help me out, god bless you I will say a prayer for you, my wife and 2 children are over there in the car,  she is due another little one in 2 days time, I have come from Holyhead to meet my mate who is bringing me some money and he has not turned up, will you please lend me some money, ( does the sign of the cross) I swear I will post it back to you, here is my spare car key, I will give you my passport, anything, we are desperate".
He should not have come close to me as I could smell booze, I told him to go away or summut similar.
Now he is rushing around people in the car park begging, I noticed all were refusing, musta asked 20 people and even tried to ask me again as I drove out.

This did touch me a bit just in case his plight was genuine.

How would thee have handled this same situation?

Dilemma FFS!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:10 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Major wrote:What a dilema, I have had this many times, here and abroad.

Someone actually confronting, tapping me up for cash.

Sometimes give, sometimes I don't I, of late I have NOT given.

Irishman full of the blarney approaches and starts his bulls**, but is it?

In a 100 MPH voice he says,

"Hello sir, (tries to shake my hand but he was nit quick enough) please help me out, god bless you I will say a prayer for you, my wife and 2 children are over there in the car,  she is due another little one in 2 days time, I have come from Holyhead to meet my mate who is bringing me some money and he has not turned up, will you please lend me some money, ( does the sign of the cross) I swear I will post it back to you, here is my spare car key, I will give you my passport, anything, we are desperate".
He should not have come close to me as I could smell booze, I told him to go away or summut similar.
Now he is rushing around people in the car park begging, I noticed all were refusing, musta asked 20 people and even tried to ask me again as I drove out.

This did touch me a bit just in case his plight was genuine.

How would thee have handled this same situation?

Dilemma FFS!

Yep, doesn't the stupid spelling and pretend language make you want to smack his legs for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:06 pm

Major wrote:I have to be frugal with my allowance.

Every Friday morning without fail my wife gives me a £1 coin as pocket money to spend as I please. In all our 52 years together she has NOT missed once, aren't I lucky?

It's the thought that counts...and 52 years ago a £1 was worth quite a lot. Cool

Not sure how I would have handled the person asking for money.....some people seem very genuine others don't. If he reeked of booze I doubt I would have given him anything.

The worse beggars I have known were in the Algarve, Portugal. Anyone attempting to have a coffee or a meal sat outside would be accosted by beggars who waved their deformities in your face, it seemed aggressive and was frankly very offputting. None of the café owners moved them, I found it upsetting.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:54 pm

Major wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Dilemma FFS!

Kindly explain, please HT
Doing what she does best, nothing about your topic ...just another unkind/judgmental attack about your method of spelling
Dilema  Gramma10  She is the 'self-appointed' grammar police Rolling Eyes
And ain't it odd how Syl never jumps her attacking ass for being so horrid ...Hmmm, that mob mentality - such a strong bond there!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:57 pm

Sassy replied to Horatio. So someone else agrees with her?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:53 am

eddie wrote:Sassy replied to Horatio. So someone else agrees with her?
And Sly ignores that heinous attack because of her selective blinders and etc., etc., etc.,

Annnnnd, I'm not wading into the middle of the Sassy & Stormee feud but I will stand up for another member getting so vilely attacked for his unique spelling when NO ONE ELSE SEEMS TO GIVE A FLYING F' and allows the personal assignation's to happen just because of the "BONDS" that tie you all together!  Dilema  2023022481

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:53 am

Major wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Dilemma FFS!

Kindly explain, please HT

When attempting rectitude on a forum, it helps if you're literate. If you can't spell and have no command of grammar or the English language, then all your protestations and attempts at superiority are as farts on a windy day.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:00 am

4EVER2 wrote:
And Sly ignores that heinous attack because of her selective blinders and etc., etc., etc.,

Annnnnd, I'm not wading into the middle of the Sassy & Stormee feud but I will stand up for another member getting so vilely attacked for his unique spelling when NO ONE ELSE SEEMS TO GIVE A FLYING F' and allows the personal assignation's to happen just because of the "BONDS" that tie you all together!  Dilema  2023022481

If it were up to the likes of you, Neanderthal articulations would leave us all devolving into grunts and groans. The English language is a rich tapestry of expression and prose, so as long as I've got a hole in my arse I intend to uphold it. tongue See what I did there!

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:54 am

HT wrote:When attempting rectitude on a forum, it helps if you're literate.

Rectitude ...  did someone have a colonoscopy?   Dilema  1681210668

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:18 am

4EVER2 wrote:

I don't care about storm's writing, it doesn't bother me - but the bond that ties you and sassy together stops you saying something to her when she has a go at his "unique spelling" time and time again.

It's okay to say everyone has their favourites and can be biased - as long as you're aware that you're no different.
And that's okay.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:25 am

Original Quill wrote:
HT wrote:When attempting rectitude on a forum, it helps if you're literate.

I rest my case.... lol!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:52 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I rest my case.... lol!

Well, Quill ...at least we know where she keeps her 'HEAD'... Rolling Eyes

And little Eddie ...since 'MY TEAM/GANG' has zero moderation powers around here it's rather a MOOT POINT Dilema  2387050134

When you and YOUR selective - blinder POV - selective eye sight is used to over look many of your TEAM and berate the rest of the community = HYPOCRITE and worse because as LF preaches ...you should be the example instead of the abusers! And yet that's not how it is for the Day Team Evil or Very Mad  But thanks for continuing to PROVE MY POINTS.  Well Done! Dilema  202592697

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:06 pm

I don't even care Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:07 pm

4EVER2 wrote:

After the screaming tantrums you treated us all to when your name was misspelt kindly spell mine correctly in future. Dilema  3406909858
And just because I dared to question your viewpoint in a different thread, am I now the latest "gang member" to be plotting against you?
You remind me of the friend or colleague who everyone else has to tip toe around for fear they say the wrong thing.Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:12 pm

Major wrote:
Syl wrote:

It's the thought that counts...and 52 years ago a £1 was worth quite a lot. Cool

Not sure how I would have handled the person asking for money.....some people seem very genuine others don't. If he reeked of booze I doubt I would have given him anything.

The worse beggars I have known were in the Algarve, Portugal.  Anyone attempting to have a coffee or a meal sat outside  would be accosted by beggars who waved their deformities in your face, it seemed aggressive and was frankly very offputting. None of the café owners moved them, I found it upsetting.

The Algarve was notorious for scroungers BUT, when I seen blind and limbless I was horrified.
On the other hand the gypoz there use there own youngstuz to beg and that tugz at the heart stringz.

When we went we had beggars with withered limbs and mothers thrusting their babies in our faces everytime we ate out.
It was relentless....so much so I have never been back.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:22 pm

Syl wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

After the screaming tantrums you treated us all to when your name was misspelt kindly spell mine correctly in future. Dilema  3406909858
And just because I dared to question your viewpoint in a different thread, am I now the latest "gang member" to be plotting against you?
You remind me of the friend or colleague who everyone else has to tip toe around for fear they say the wrong thing.Rolling Eyes
   "SCREAMING TANTRUMS"  Oh, you do love your hysterical bleating rhetoric don't you?   

And since you've been so 'F'n judgmental about ME' from the start ...my slip up and the lateness of the day, seems to have provided you with a proper BURR UP YOUR BACK SIDE!    Dilema  1858517897  
And I'm quite enjoying your ranting on about it too Dilema  3406909858

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jun 19, 2016 1:32 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Syl wrote:

"SCREAMING TANTRUMS"  Oh, you do love your hysterical bleating rhetoric don't you?   

And since you've been so 'F'n judgmental about ME' from the start ...my slip up and the lateness of the day, seems to have provided you with a proper BURR UP YOUR BACK SIDE!    Dilema  1858517897  
And I'm quite enjoying your ranting on about it too Dilema  3406909858

I made an error when I wrote "screaming tantrums".....what I meant to write was "Screaming, attention grabbing, never ending tantrums"...My mistake. Razz

And I don't do ranting on forums, it's far to exhausting.

Dilema  Exhausted-collection-sarah-005
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum