NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euro 2016: Russian official tells hooligans 'well done lads, keep it up' after condoning Marseille fan violence

2 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

Euro 2016: Russian official tells hooligans 'well done lads, keep it up' after condoning Marseille fan violence Empty Euro 2016: Russian official tells hooligans 'well done lads, keep it up' after condoning Marseille fan violence

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:24 am

Igor Lebedev is facing widespread criticism after approving the violent fan clashes that marred the start to the European Championship

A leading Russian football official has praised the fans involved in violent clashes that has marred the start of Euro 2016, and has encouraged them to “keep it up”.
Igor Lebedev, a member of the Russian Football Union [RFU] executive committee as well as an MP of the Liberal Democratic party in Russia and deputy chairman of Russian parliament, made the controversial comments on Twitter in which he claimed that the assault on English fans in the lead up to Saturday’s Group B encounter was vindicated.
Lebedev blamed the local authorities for failing to organise the event to the necessary level required to prevent such outbreaks of violence, and he also criticised England fans for provoking their opponents, claiming that they brought the trouble on themselves.

Writing in a series of posts on Twitter, Lebedev said: “I don’t see anything wrong with the fans fighting. Quite the opposite, well done lads, keep it up!
“I don’t understand those politicians and officials who are criticising our fans. We should defend them, and then we can sort it out when they come home.
“What happened in Marseille and in other French towns is not the fault of fans, but about the inability of police to organise this kind of event properly.
“Our fans are far from the worst; it’s unclear why a lot of media are trying to say our fans’ actions were shameful. You should be objective. If there had been no provocation from English fans, it’s unlikely our fans would have got into fights in the stands.”

In additional quotes given to Russian news agency life.ru, Lebedev added: “In nine out of 10 cases, football fans go to games to fight, and that’s normal. The lads defended the honour of their country and did not let English fans desecrate our motherland. We should forgive and understand our fans.”
Russian supporters involved in the gang attacks have been condemned for the violence that saw riot police use tear gas to try and disperse large groups on three consecutive days after the clashes began on Thursday night. Uefa launched an investigation into the events that followed the 1-1 draw at the Stade Velodrome, with England fans seen fleeing for safety as they were charged at by Russian supporters.

19 English fans were taken to hospital following clashes throughout Saturday, and Uefa has also threatened both nations with disqualification from Euro 2016 if the unsightly scenes happen again.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/russia-fan-violence-russian-official-tells-hooligans-well-done-lads-keep-it-up-after-condoning-euro-a7079861.html

What a moron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Euro 2016: Russian official tells hooligans 'well done lads, keep it up' after condoning Marseille fan violence Empty Re: Euro 2016: Russian official tells hooligans 'well done lads, keep it up' after condoning Marseille fan violence

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:26 am

I just hope the England fans behave themselves now, even though it seems that the Russians started the trouble. If there's any more trouble, we'll be disqualified.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Euro 2016: Russian official tells hooligans 'well done lads, keep it up' after condoning Marseille fan violence Empty Re: Euro 2016: Russian official tells hooligans 'well done lads, keep it up' after condoning Marseille fan violence

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:37 am

And that would be such a horrible way to leave the contest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:43 am

sassy wrote:And that would be such a horrible way to leave the contest.

Yes, even worse than losing on a penalty shoot out - if we get that far. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:47 am

That did make me laugh, penalty shoot outs are definitely not our forte lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:52 am

sassy wrote:That did make me laugh, penalty shoot outs are definitely not our forte lol

Indeed. I get very nervous if it goes to a shoot out - I don't think I've ever seen us win on one. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:41 pm

Irn's assesments so far.

Best team - Italy

Best Goal - Eric Dier (England) Not just for the shot but the way the Engish team manipulated the Russian defence to create the gap was classic training ground. Like the Red Sea parting it was.

Best haircut - Jack Wilshere or Pelle of Italy. Can't make up my mind.

I've either watched every game or watached the highlights or watched on catch up.

Quite frankly I'm knackered. It's hard work you know,
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down