NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My GPs Surgery

+3
Miffs2
HoratioTarr
Major
7 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

My GPs Surgery Empty Re: My GPs Surgery

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:32 am

Stormee wrote:Over my yearz on forumz I have boasted how good, my GP was and how lucky, easy to get an appointment most timez when it suited me, NOT ANY MORE.

I have told you before my brill GP is poorly big time, we are gutted.

A new GP, much younger has taken control of the surgery of 5 doctors and heaven knowz how many staff, now I reckon all doctors apart from one only doez 2 days surgery a week each and we get a 2 week wait to see the doctor of our choice, sometimez you can get to see any doctor on the day you prefer but only sometimez.

I gotta change GPs now we are moving and it is the same and worse around here.

There are at least a zillion jet blackz in jet black overallz and maskz at my surgery and they go up without an appointment and say it iz URGENT, they get in immediately, honest.

I am gonna tell my GP what I think of his management of us meer mortalznext time I see him.

How we miss our older, more experienced Indian guy, yeppuz an Indian and we think the world of the poor devil, no wee wee taking..

My wife has been with this one surgery 61  yearz, me 46 yearz, for our loyalty we get carped on, forced onto an inferior appointmentz system to bleeding jet black forunuz and othuz who cannot even speak our language, just an odd word or two.
I have the right to not want them here.

You and I are gonna suffer more and more in the year to come, mark my words.

Tell abut your surgery?

JUSTIFIED rant over.

I stopped reading this after the first sentence due to the puerile grammar and idiot spelling.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:31 am

Stormee wrote:That iz nuffink rong wiv mi spelin.
Evun wiv minimum intelyjunce one shud be abul to deciffer it.
Yor spelin is wel cleva
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:12 pm

GP's are simply Google on legs that are only a middle man to get you to see a proper doctor.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:03 pm

I had to go to the GP's today...(infected insect bite) sat in the surgery we could hear the receptionists taking appointments. The soonest appointment available was for July 1st.....it's the 14th of June today FGS. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:25 pm

Syl wrote:I had to go to the GP's today...(infected insect bite) sat in the surgery we could hear the receptionists taking appointments. The soonest appointment available  was for July 1st.....it's the 14th of June today  FGS. Rolling Eyes

I'm just asking ...but has anyone asked 'WHY' - is it because of staffing shortages: that the appointments are scheduled that far out?  See, that's what has happened here in my rural area - Medicare & Medicaid became a 'SLOW PAY SOURCE' and those doctors stopped taking new patients and started to cut back on their work load too.

So between the pay source problem - the older doctors cutting back ...getting ready to retire - younger doctors not wanting to take on the geriatric {silver haired patient} that are primary Medicare & Medicaid pay source the log jam for appointments are backing up for appointments except for blood/lab work!    My GPs Surgery 2190311264 

My current doctor is Dr. Pedi ...she's from Greece; I'm not able to pronounce her last name - nor spell it either but she's quite a HOOT and there's loads of local jargon that she's anguish to learn Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:30 pm

Mine used to be open every evening from 4 to about 6-30 and you could just turn up and wait to be seen without appointment

That all changed a few years ago though... is appointment only now and normally if you ring up to book, you are told no appointments for at least 10 days...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:35 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
Syl wrote:I had to go to the GP's today...(infected insect bite) sat in the surgery we could hear the receptionists taking appointments. The soonest appointment available  was for July 1st.....it's the 14th of June today  FGS. Rolling Eyes

I'm just asking ...but has anyone asked 'WHY' - is it because of staffing shortages: that the appointments are scheduled that far out?  See, that's what has happened here in my rural area - Medicare & Medicaid became a 'SLOW PAY SOURCE' and those doctors stopped taking new patients and started to cut back on their work load too.

So between the pay source problem - the older doctors cutting back ...getting ready to retire - younger doctors not wanting to take on the geriatric {silver haired patient} that are primary Medicare & Medicaid pay source the log jam for appointments are backing up for appointments except for blood/lab work!    My GPs Surgery 2190311264 

My current doctor is Dr. Pedi ...she's from Greece; I'm not able to pronounce her last name - nor spell it either but she's quite a HOOT and there's loads of local jargon that she's anguish to learn Laughing

If anyone asks why the wait is so long the answer is the GP's are booked solid till then.
There is an option to ring at 8am....a limited number of appointments are kept empty, but you can imagine how busy the phones are ....if you are not lucky enough to get straight through all the slots go within minutes.

We have more doctors in the surgery than ever (it's a group practice) and as I was told when I repeatedly tried to get my mum (who was in her late 80's then) enlisted as a patient "We are full and not taking on new patients"....plus the surgery hours are longer than ever...8am till 6pm, yet the wait used to be max 2 days. .
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:38 pm

Syl wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:I'm just asking ...but has anyone asked 'WHY' - is it because of staffing shortages: that the appointments are scheduled that far out?  See, that's what has happened here in my rural area - Medicare & Medicaid became a 'SLOW PAY SOURCE' and those doctors stopped taking new patients and started to cut back on their work load too.

My current doctor is Dr. Pedi ...she's from Greece; I'm not able to pronounce her last name - nor spell it either but she's quite a HOOT and there's loads of local jargon that she's anguish anxious to learn Laughing
If anyone asks why the wait is so long the answer is the GP's are booked solid till then.
There is an option to ring at 8am....a limited number of appointments are kept empty, but you can imagine how busy the phones are ....if you are not lucky enough to get straight through  all the slots go within minutes.

We have more doctors in the surgery than ever (it's a group practice) and as I was told when I repeatedly tried to get my mum (who was in her late 80's then) enlisted as a patient "We are full and not taking on new patients"....plus the surgery hours are longer than ever...8am till 6pm, yet the wait used to be max 2 days. .
Good Grief ...didn't think I'd gotten that over heated out there mowing this morning; then I saw my screw up - I meant to type 'ANXIOUS' and wrote ANGUISH' instead - Rolling Eyes

I've been meaning to ask ...since I'm at the end of what they label those 'Baby Boomers' {post WWII babies} 1946 - 1964 ...did England up an up surge in baby births those years too?
Because our 'baby boom' numbers were having a huge impact on our Social Security/Medicare/Medicaid/the number of physicians willing to treat our age group - future needs for Long Term Care facilities too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:53 pm

Yeah we had the baby boomers too ....I'm one of them.
Though we were needed to replenish the huge death tolls of WW2...as was the same in many countries.
Also we too have an ageing population, who no doubt need more attention in their last few years than they needed in all the previous years put together.
Plus migrants are given priority getting on housing and NHS lists....hence my mum being refused a place yet surgery often full of new arrivals.

So......the outcome is overstretched GP practices, and the need to wait 2 weeks for an appointment.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:30 pm

Syl wrote:Yeah we had the baby boomers too ....I'm one of them.
Though we were needed to replenish the huge death tolls of WW2...as was the same in  many countries.
Also we too have an ageing population, who no doubt need more attention in their last few years than they needed in all the previous years put together.
Plus migrants are given priority getting on housing and NHS lists....hence my mum being refused a place yet surgery often full of new arrivals.

So......the outcome is overstretched GP practices, and the need to wait 2 weeks for an appointment.

I know that the 'Gov. Medical' Canada {where he was from} might not necessarily be the same as it is in England; but his #1 complaint was - people used the hospitals as a Dr's office visit instead of going to their regular GP for such 'non-emergency' incidents that it just was a horrid system. 
He always said that they needed more satellite 'emergency/med centers' out reach places set up and staffed my a Registered Nurse or Physicians Assistant {Dr still in his last year of training} to handle those non-emergency calls.  That putting those clinics into place would do 2 things; ease the burden on the real emergency rooms - and allow Dr's offices to keep to their schedules without interruptions and loss of patient time.
Time management issues used to be my husband #1 stressor; he's sit and watch how things were managed and then write down a better flow chart and business plan and hand it over before he left that office: lordy, those looks he'd get as we walked out of those offices!  LMAO

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:32 pm

What is this 'ageing population' argument supposed to mean/be explaining?

People may generally be living a bit longer... but also generally living healthier longer too...

Plus numbers of older people carrying on working and contributing taxes, and/or having a nice income through investments/private pension plans/savings/private health insurance etc is substantially higher than ever before... and means that huge numbers of them are still paying in taxes while going private and also having to pay prescription fees etc.

While 10% of NHS budget is spent on diabetes treatments... and 90% of them are completely avoidable cases down to individuals poor diets and lifestyles...

Then we have the huge costs on NHS budget paying for labours crooked PFI deals...

Plus costs in unnecessary 'vanity/cosmetic' treatments...

And fatties who can't stop eating cakes and crisps etc costing huge sums in gastric bands and other special equipment/treatments...

Then there's the billions in costs for treating 'health tourists' that are never recovered...

And the NHS always seems to find money for treating junkies etc...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:37 pm

having suffered my wrath once.....my surgery dare not refuse me an appointment on demand....... Evil or Very Mad
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:40 pm

Thanks for the green whoever that was...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:46 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Thanks for the green whoever that was...

Me. I quite often give you green because you're mostly polite and stick to the topic even when chaos prevails.
Sometimes you talk shit about gays though and annoy the hell out of me so I'll give you a red.
I like to be balanced. Cool
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:54 pm

Thanks eddie... but I never talk shit... only speak the truth...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down