NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Born Elk & Momma ...

4 posters

Go down

New Born Elk & Momma ... Empty New Born Elk & Momma ...

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:45 pm

A dear high school friend & her hubby own a B & B up in Estes Park, Colorado; one of their tenants just happened to be a wildlife photographer and captured this lovely event right out his back cabin. Just this morning early >

New Born Elk & Momma ... 13346961_10153644607766299_8219920195225705939_n

New Born Elk & Momma ... 13404035_10153644607916299_4005829698417903849_o

He was aprox. 100 yards from them, and was hidden behind a privacy fence and some spruce trees.  I'd never seen one so early in the birth stage before, only after they'd come around later with mom and were grazing.

Back to top Go down

New Born Elk & Momma ... Empty Re: New Born Elk & Momma ...

Post by Original Quill Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:53 pm

A tiny miracle.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:25 pm

mmmmm...are they edible????
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:28 pm

4EVER2 wrote:A dear high school friend & her hubby own a B & B up in Estes Park, Colorado; one of their tenants just happened to be a wildlife photographer and captured this lovely event right out his back cabin. Just this morning early >

New Born Elk & Momma ... 13346961_10153644607766299_8219920195225705939_n

New Born Elk & Momma ... 13404035_10153644607916299_4005829698417903849_o

He was aprox. 100 yards from them, and was hidden behind a privacy fence and some spruce trees.  I'd never seen one so early in the birth stage before, only after they'd come around later with mom and were grazing.

How utterly gorgeous and how wonderful to have it right outside your back door

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:49 pm

Oh, if I could copy her phone video's; those elk stop traffic downtown Estes Park, wander all over that side of the mountain - wander through your yards - calve in your garden/back yards.  Since the urban sprawl, they've learned that calving close to humanity they've got a better chance to save their young from the bears and wolves. 
All of my friends trash containers are heavy duty/bear prevention metal containers - and they normally have to be replaced every 2 - 3 years due to the abuse that they suffer from the number of bears that come through at night time.
She's just adopted 2 orphan harlequin great dane puppies and they've had to electrify their outside back fence in hopes to keep the bears from crawling over it.  They woke up last week with a young black bear on their back deck knocking loads of plant pots over digging around for 'whatever'...had they not known and just let the puppies out there'd been a really bad scene out there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:51 pm

We are close to the country here, but not that close.  Living like that would be my dream.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:15 pm

I couldn't do all of those bears/wolves/badgers/bobcats ...I'd have zero chickens left.  affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:21 pm

True!   I spent time in the States touring, many years ago, and had some time on a ranch in the Big Bend area of Texas.   It was too hot at night to shut the doors, and the wildlife that ran through the room was amazing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:22 pm

sassy wrote:True!   I spent time in the States touring, many years ago, and had some time on a ranch in the Big Bend area of Texas.   It was too hot at night to shut the doors, and the wildlife that ran through the room was amazing.

Screen doors - with metal screens...none of that cloth type of screen that tears so easily; my squirrels just shredded my newly installed window screens - I'd ordered metal screens and they didn't pay attention. 
So they reordered and reinstalled the right ones. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:48 pm

4EVER2 wrote:
sassy wrote:True!   I spent time in the States touring, many years ago, and had some time on a ranch in the Big Bend area of Texas.   It was too hot at night to shut the doors, and the wildlife that ran through the room was amazing.

Screen doors - with metal screens...none of that cloth type of screen that tears so easily; my squirrels just shredded my newly installed window screens - I'd ordered metal screens and they didn't pay attention. 
So they reordered and reinstalled the right ones. Rolling Eyes

There weren't any on the cabins we were in, I was a bit concerned about snakes pale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:08 pm

INDEED, they'll crawl into a dark area looking for somewhere to get in out of the heat!  UGH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:10 pm

It was a concern lol

Back to top Go down

New Born Elk & Momma ... Empty First it was the 'ELK' birthing now it's the Mule Deer

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:39 pm

One of the twins Mule Deer born early this morning behind
a cabin; Estes Park, Colorado ...this was the brave one, the
other one stayed tucked back under a evergreen like the
momma had left it.  Such large ears - hence the name!
New Born Elk & Momma ... 11540896_10152941552106299_6808379575330764591_n

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:19 pm

That's cute
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:46 pm

Nom Nom Nom.......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:47 pm

I'd be up all night seated out on that back patio deck with a loaded rifle ...the fear of hearing those bears coming around that tear up those trash bins getting to those new born twin Mule Deer would keep me awake ALL NIGHT LONG! 

UGH...it's one thing when they're born out away from the cabins but right up next to the lodge - my home; I'd become very protective.  Just couldn't handle it Sad

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:16 pm

Well, the black bear have made a strong come back in the rockies, so now the Federal Parks & Wildlife are trying to decide if they need to easy the hunting permits and allow more to be sold. 
For the people trying to hang onto their live stock - rental places and back packers; it wouldn't be a bad idea to start letting the hunter go after the Mountain Lion too --- they're have been at least 6 attacks on humans just this spring!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down