NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asylum claims from Christian converts being rejected if they cannot recite the Ten Commandments

3 posters

Go down

Asylum claims from Christian converts being rejected if they cannot recite the Ten Commandments  Empty Asylum claims from Christian converts being rejected if they cannot recite the Ten Commandments

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:36 pm

Christian converts coming to Britain in order to claim asylum are being turned back because officials are testing them on whether they can recite the Ten  Commandments, it can be disclosed. Refugees converting to Christianity from other faiths including Islam are having their applications turned down if the Home Office suspects their conversion was motivated by a desire to claim asylum. Asylum seekers coming to Britain must attend an asylum interview with assessors on arrival, where they are asked "basic knowledge questions" about their new faith.

The caseworker overseeing the interview does not have to have a rigorous understanding of individual cases, and are required only to determine whether a claimants account is believable.  However, a report published by the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Religious Freedom has accused officials of ignoring or failing to follow the guidance correctly. In some instances, the report claims genuine converts are being turned down while other 'bogus' Christians are able to learn and recite passages of "Bible trivia" in order to secure asylum in Britain.

Baroness Berridge, a member of All-Party Parliamentary Group, told the BBC that the current form of processing converts was unfair, adding that for some Christians the matter was a case of "life and death". "The problem with those questions is that if you are not genuine you can learn the answers," she said. "Caseworkers who are making decisions that can be life and death for people were not supported necessarily and trained properly to understand the lived reality of faith."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/05/asylum-claims-from-christian-converts-being-rejected-if-they-can/

Back to top Go down

Asylum claims from Christian converts being rejected if they cannot recite the Ten Commandments  Empty Re: Asylum claims from Christian converts being rejected if they cannot recite the Ten Commandments

Post by eddie Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:14 pm

That's odd? Do they test Mullins on the Q'ran?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Asylum claims from Christian converts being rejected if they cannot recite the Ten Commandments  Empty Re: Asylum claims from Christian converts being rejected if they cannot recite the Ten Commandments

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:15 pm

eddie wrote:That's odd? Do they test Mullins on the Q'ran?

Who are Mullins?

Is that a throw back to the 80's with those who had mullets?

Asylum claims from Christian converts being rejected if they cannot recite the Ten Commandments  Article-0-187483AF000005DC-792_634x669

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:17 pm

Hahahahaha feck off Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:19 pm

Sorry i could not resist, but you do have a point

What suprises me is if many Christians know all 10 commandments if asked on the spot as I bet many would struggle. I mean you can understand if they would be asked the "Lord's Prayer" or aspcts of jesus's teachings for example as that would be something many should know

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:22 pm

I'm thinking they're probably quizzed on the Bible if they're trying to claim asylum from religious persecution.

And it's really problematic. Jim Bakker, the infamous U.S. televangelist, confessed he didn't read the entire Bible until he was imprisoned for fraud. At that point he'd graduated Bible college and had been preaching for almost three decades.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:46 pm

I have an easy answer.....

JUST DONT LET EM IN........ Asylum claims from Christian converts being rejected if they cannot recite the Ten Commandments  2190311264
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:59 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I have an easy answer.....

JUST DONT LET EM IN........ Asylum claims from Christian converts being rejected if they cannot recite the Ten Commandments  2190311264

In other words ...

JUST LET EM DIE............ Asylum claims from Christian converts being rejected if they cannot recite the Ten Commandments  2190311264

Asylum claims from Christian converts being rejected if they cannot recite the Ten Commandments  25B83DC000000578-3311716-image-a-1_1447154835936
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:05 pm

I'm not a Christian but I can recite the 10 commandments.
I helped my older brother study The Crucible - fantastic play - for an exam. I was about 10 years old and I got hooked on that story, and I learned the commandments.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:36 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:I have an easy answer.....

In other words ...

JUST LET EM DIE............ Asylum claims from Christian converts being rejected if they cannot recite the Ten Commandments  2190311264

Asylum claims from Christian converts being rejected if they cannot recite the Ten Commandments  25B83DC000000578-3311716-image-a-1_1447154835936

So...stop fucking about and put 10 million men on the ground...swamp the place with troops with orders "not to piss about" and IMPOSE order

or shut up....pack up get out and accept "not my tribe".......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down