NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Cosby to Face Trial in 2004 Sexual Assault Case

3 posters

Go down

Bill Cosby to Face Trial in 2004 Sexual Assault Case Empty Bill Cosby to Face Trial in 2004 Sexual Assault Case

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2016 7:18 pm

BREAKING NEWS l              
May 24 2016, 1:42 pm ET
Bill Cosby to Face Trial in 2004 Sexual Assault Case
by Tom Winter, Tracy Connor, Hannah Rappleye and Elizabeth Chuck
The sexual assault case against legendary comedian Bill Cosby will go to trial, a judge decided Tuesday, after finding enough evidence in a preliminary hearing to proceed.
Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, District Judge Elizabeth McHugh found probable cause after portions of the police statement from accuser Andrea Constand were read in court. Constand was not required to testify.
Cosby, 78, faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted. The ruling marks a stunning turn of events for the once-beloved sitcom star and stand-up, who thus far had avoided trial.                      

His defense team had argued that the case — the only criminal case amid dozens of accusations — shouldn't be tried.
At issue is "an accusation made many years ago about an incident that allegedly occurred 12 years ago," Cosby's defense attorney Brian McMonagle said Tuesday. "I have never once had a case where the prosecution has relied, in a sexual abuse case, on exclusively hearsay evidence in a hearing."
"It is a complete denial of this defendant's due process rights," McMonagle added.
The formal arraignment, which Cosby waived, is scheduled to take place on July 20.                 

Constand, a former basketball star who worked at Cosby's alma mater, Temple University, claims that he drugged and molested her at his Pennsylvania home in 2004. Cosby insists their sexual encounter was consensual.
Prosecutors at the time chose not to charge Cosby, but he was hit with a count of aggravated indecent assault last year after dozens of other women came forward with claims of sexual misconduct.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/bill-cosby-scandal/bill-cosby-back-court-evidence-hearing-sex-assault-case-n579266 
Well, this will be another 'HUGE' TV/Media circus and if this is going to be aired on live TV ...it will be worse. 
But way past due - IMO

Back to top Go down

Bill Cosby to Face Trial in 2004 Sexual Assault Case Empty Re: Bill Cosby to Face Trial in 2004 Sexual Assault Case

Post by Original Quill Tue May 24, 2016 8:12 pm

Yeah. Bill Cosby doesn't just give us a simple case of she said yes/no, I didn't! He goes all out and gives us a 20-year dose of date rape.

Takes a lot of nads to play it like that.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Bill Cosby to Face Trial in 2004 Sexual Assault Case Empty Re: Bill Cosby to Face Trial in 2004 Sexual Assault Case

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2016 8:21 pm

I can't imagine be chosen to sit on that jury ...would want to have a hot-cleansing shower by noon-lunch break for sure! 

UGH, it's going to be a slug-fest and all those interviews - all those prior depositions...double UGH

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 24, 2016 8:37 pm

There is a massive school of thought, (others say conspiracy but hey...), that Bill Cosby is being framed.

Here is someone who, quote, "has his back":

Bill Cosby’s TV wife, Phylicia Rashad, has his back. She thinks this whole thing is a SET UP by people who are trying to take him down.

She said, “Forget these women. What you’re seeing is the destruction of a legacy. And I think it’s orchestrated. I don’t know why or who’s doing it, but it’s the legacy. And it’s a legacy that is so important to the culture.

“Someone is determined to keep Bill Cosby off TV. And it’s worked. All his contracts have been cancelled.”

Phylicia was later trashed for saying “Forget those women,” but in an ABC News interview, she said she was misquoted and clarified that she didn’t mean to dismiss the women.

She said, “This is not about the women…this is about something else. This is about the obliteration of legacy. I am a woman. I am a woman. I would never say such a thing.”

Meanwhile, three more women have come forward to accuse Cosby and Gloria Allred’s got ’em. As for Bill, he performed in Canada yesterday. There were some protesters outside, but no chaos ensued.

http://thebertshow.com/phylicia-rashad-thinks-bill-cosby-framed/

And there is also this kind of thing:

Two Wilhelmina Models Paid to Destroy Bill Cosby Come Forward.
http://freeyourmindandthink.com/wilhelmina-model-paid-to-destroy-bill-cosby-comes-forward-fym-exposes-the-truth/U

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue May 24, 2016 9:00 pm

What is "that kind of thing". Wrong link.

It would be difficult to get that many people to accuse him. Kinda like herding cats.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2016 10:00 pm

It's always easy to blame the victims and especially a POWER HOUSE like 'THE BILL COSBY' ...men in his position, accustomed to getting their way and having admitted his use of drugs...those that were not chosen - were not abused really don't get a VOTE, do they?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 24, 2016 11:16 pm

I smell a rat in this one though.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2016 11:37 pm

eddie wrote:I smell a rat in this one though.
50 women; all of their stories similar - he's admitted to providing {under court ordered depositions} >  with drugs/wine/liquor/feeling them up/having sex with them and now he's claiming that the times were consensual sexual encounters!
These weren't just some young unknown 'BIMBO's' off the street either - these were women that have gone on to become peers among their career fields - people that have a lot to lose.
And this encounter was in his OWN HOME! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 25, 2016 5:26 am

eddie wrote:I smell a rat in this one though.

Oh well...if it's a set-up, it's the best one to come along in 50-years.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message