NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the Best Country in the World? An Index of Morality, Conscience and Good Life

+5
HoratioTarr
Syl
nicko
Major
eddie
9 posters

Go down

What is the Best Country in the World? An Index of Morality, Conscience and Good Life Empty What is the Best Country in the World? An Index of Morality, Conscience and Good Life

Post by eddie Thu May 12, 2016 4:27 pm

What is the Best Country in the World? An Index of Morality, Conscience and Good Life

Which countries set the best examples to the rest of the world? Which ones would we do best to copy, to emulate and to admire for their foresight, hard work and long-term conscience? Which countries would have humanity survive gleaming into a clean, happy, bright future?

And who are tardy on humanitarian issues, science or development? Which nations and cultures cling to barbarian ethics on gender and sexual equality? Who is holding us back?

I compile relevant statistics on a wide range of issues and put them into a database-driven system, which calculates points per country. The country's overall score is an average of all the datasets that a country appears in. So, countries don't get penalized for lack of data about them. I've arrived at a shortlist of countries that beat all the others. Be the best!

The Criteria (Year) Winners
UN Human Development Index (2012) Norway, Australia, Netherlands
Life Expectancy (Informational) (2012) [Japan, Hong Kong, Switzerland]
Overall Life Satisfaction (informational) (2011) [Denmark, Netherlands, Norway]
Economic Freedom (2010) Hong Kong, Singapore, New Zealand
Environmental Performance (2011) Iceland, Switzerland, Costa Rica
Global Peace Index (2012) Iceland, New Zealand, Denmark
Fertility Rates (2012) N. Korea, Brunei, St.Vincent & Gren.
Immunization Deficiencies (2010) 23-country draw
Nominal Commitment to Human Rights (2009) Argentina, 12-country draw
Slavery (2013) Joint: UK, Ireland, Iceland
Women Stand for Election & Vote (1893+) New Zealand, Australia, Finland
Gender Inequality Index (2012) Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark
Gay Rights and Equality (2013) Netherlands, Belgium, Canada
Press Freedom Index (2013) Finland, Netherlands, Norway
Freedom On The Net (2012) Estonia, USA, Germany
Malware and Email Spam (2010-2)
Internet Users in Population (2010) Iceland, Norway, Netherlands
Religion Importance (2009) Estonia, Sweden, Denmark
Table of Country Scores
Notes on Methodology
Previous Edition (2005-2007) Winners: Sweden, Denmark, the Netherlands, Finland and Germany

For all the details and in-depth look click link:
http://www.vexen.co.uk/countries/best.html

So you see, sometimes your country is NOT the best - that's to all, from Britain, USA and Australia! Stop bloody warring and realise we are all equal.

And going by that list, I think I'd rather live in Sweden or the Netherlands.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

What is the Best Country in the World? An Index of Morality, Conscience and Good Life Empty Re: What is the Best Country in the World? An Index of Morality, Conscience and Good Life

Post by eddie Thu May 12, 2016 8:36 pm

First person to comment. Not the type of answer I was looking for, but the only person to comment.

Interesting.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

What is the Best Country in the World? An Index of Morality, Conscience and Good Life Empty Re: What is the Best Country in the World? An Index of Morality, Conscience and Good Life

Post by nicko Thu May 12, 2016 9:29 pm

I take it for granted it's England, no other country comes near us.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 9:34 pm

Go back to Singapore any day if I could.   Sweden in principle, but it's too damn cold and dark for so long.

Finding Canada looking better and better.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 12, 2016 9:34 pm

The list is on my first post?
The list of the top countries
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 9:37 pm

Singapore is on there, so is Canada.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 12, 2016 9:38 pm

I love England...and Wales.
I love the sun though....so I see one day we may leave to find a home somewhere where it doesn't rain all the time.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 12, 2016 9:39 pm

Yes but that's not the point? The point is the top countries seem to be Netherlands, Sweden and Norway.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2016 9:40 pm

Yes Eddie, for particular things, but the ones that are the best on the list, and from that and other things that have happened since, Iceland would be well to the fore, DON'T HAVE SUNSHINE.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu May 12, 2016 10:05 pm

eddie wrote:Yes but that's not the point? The point is the top countries seem to be Netherlands, Sweden and Norway.

Top for people who like the cold.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu May 12, 2016 10:15 pm

All countries have good and bad. Some more than others.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 13, 2016 1:38 am

HoratioTarr wrote:All countries have good and bad.   Some more than others.

Exactly which is why Australia is 8th and Uk is 18th

G'Day
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri May 13, 2016 2:34 am

Japan would be perfect if they had better gay rights.
Netherlands, Canada and Norway would be perfecr if they had better weather.
Australia and New Zealand might be perfect if they weren't so sparse and far away from everywhere else.
Britain would be perfect if not for the Conservatives, weather and angry media.

Homestly though if I could pick a best I'd say Japan. But the question is hyper subjective.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 13, 2016 5:37 am

Australia and New Zealand might be perfect if they weren't so sparse and far away from everywhere else.

I think that is a big bonus for us not against, beside we are close to thailand and china even Japan, we share the timezone with them.

we are just far away from other Europeans... which i am increasingly thinking is a good thing.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri May 13, 2016 7:20 am

nicko wrote:

I take it for granted it's England,    no other country comes near us.

Laughing

NAME ONE,  just one thing,  that England leads the rest of the world  in, nicko  ???

CAN'T  --  can you ?

Climate, equality, opportunity, living standards, wages, conservation,  health services,  education, technical skills, beaches, democracy, sunshine ?

sunny
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 13, 2016 7:25 am

How can anyone know unless they've lived in other countries? I was in New Zealand for a while and it seemed pretty good there, but half the people I met thought it was boring and wanted to live in Europe. That was a while back though.

Re the UK, despite the whining from non-Brits on here - and some Brits too - I think we have a very fair society generally. You can't legislate for everything, but the laws do try to make everyone equal. We also don't take that stupid view that minorities can't be racist - that's a good thing.

The weather is a bit of a downside obviously, but then we really appreciate it when winter ends and the sun comes out - we don't take it for granted.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri May 13, 2016 7:41 am

Veya, Aus is 6-9 hours flight from Bangkok. That isn't close. For someone who likes traveling at least, Aus isn't well placed lol
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri May 13, 2016 9:49 am

Eilzel wrote:
Veya, Aus is 6-9 hours flight from Bangkok. That isn't close. For someone who likes traveling at least, Aus isn't well placed lol

IT'S NOT too far from here to New Guinea, Bali, New Zealand, East Timor, Antarctica, Bouganville, Tasmania, Fiji, the Solomon islands...          Razz

OUR remoteness from the rest of the world only adds to the overall fun of it all.
20->23 hours to mainland USA, 23->25+ hours to the old Blighty..
Can't beat that, can you  !!!    

cheers

ANR NOT FORGETTING, that those sharks, crocodiles and deserts across the North End have always been a first line of deterrence in our national defence efforts..           What is the Best Country in the World? An Index of Morality, Conscience and Good Life 2113235493
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri May 13, 2016 10:53 am

Yeah, the deadly wildlife, another drawback of 'paradise' Wink

Seriously though, I hate flying but its a necessary evil when there's so much to see in the world.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 13, 2016 12:02 pm

Eilzel wrote:Japan would be perfect if they had better gay rights.
Netherlands, Canada and Norway would be perfecr if they had better weather.
Britain would be perfect  if not for the Conservatives, weather and angry media.

Homestly though if I could pick a best I'd say Japan. But the question is hyper subjective.

I don't mind the cold tbh, so Norway or Canada for me.....probably Canada, I think I have ancient relatives knocking around there - French Cajuns
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri May 13, 2016 12:49 pm

Erm, yeah sure you do Eds Wink hahaha
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri May 13, 2016 12:51 pm

I seen a few countries in my time, but always wanted to come back to England. We have beutiful scenary if you look for it. Walk along the Severn Valley at any time of year, Shakespears country,around the river Avon. The Severn in it's top reaches looks a bit like Canada with Pines sweeping down the hills to the river.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri May 13, 2016 1:16 pm

I don't think you need to look hard, nicko. England's green hills and fields and forest are always a welcome sight whenever I come back home Smile
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 13, 2016 1:40 pm

Eilzel wrote:Erm, yeah sure you do Eds Wink hahaha

I do Les! My dads parent were French Corsicans and some of that family went to Canada - I'm sure that's how the story goes? scratch
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 13, 2016 4:39 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
nicko wrote:

I take it for granted it's England,    no other country comes near us.

Laughing

NAME ONE,  just one thing,  that England leads the rest of the world  in, nicko  ???

CAN'T  --  can you ?

Climate, equality, opportunity, living standards, wages, conservation,  health services,  education, technical skills, beaches, democracy, sunshine ?

sunny

Politeness. Cool

Now What is the Best Country in the World? An Index of Morality, Conscience and Good Life Flipping-the-bird
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri May 13, 2016 4:41 pm

Syl wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Laughing

CAN'T  --  can you ?

sunny

Politeness. Cool

Now What is the Best Country in the World? An Index of Morality, Conscience and Good Life Flipping-the-bird

Hahahahahahahahaha! It's a good job I'd finished my cup of tea!

What is the Best Country in the World? An Index of Morality, Conscience and Good Life 3489511464
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri May 13, 2016 4:51 pm

Syl wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Laughing

CAN'T  --  can you ?

sunny

Politeness. Cool

lol!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri May 13, 2016 5:54 pm

Wish i'd have thought of that.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2016 6:01 pm

Syl wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Laughing

CAN'T  --  can you ?

sunny

Politeness. Cool

Really?   Ever been to a sale lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Or a bus stop in the inner cities.
People used to queue but they don't  anymore.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2016 6:16 pm

And the underground!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri May 13, 2016 6:22 pm

OK.....here is something Brits do that many other countries don't. They apologise....someone bumps into you so you apologise....someone makes a mistake a Brit will correct them by saying "I'm sorry but...etc"

To prove my point I have just been shopping in Sainsburys, someone was trying to smuggle a full basket of groceries out under their coat.....guess what the security guard said when she stopped him?
"I'm sorry but could you step to the side for a moment please" Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 13, 2016 6:23 pm

sassy wrote:And the underground!

No that's always been a free-for-all!

Jump on quickly
Be killed jumping on
Stay on the platform like a loser till the next train comes

Only three options in London
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down