NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Romanian Is Convicted Woman-Beater

Go down

First Romanian Is Convicted Woman-Beater Empty First Romanian Is Convicted Woman-Beater

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:25 pm

8th January 2014

Well, that's why Romania put him in the bin (Britain).

A Romanian afforded a VIP welcome when he was one of the first to arrive in the UK after changes to immigration rules has admitted assaulting a former girlfriend but insists he is now a reformed character.

Victor Spirescu became a minor celebrity when he landed at Luton Airport on Jan 1 hours after labour restrictions on Bulgarians and Romanians were lifted.

However, it has emerged that in 2011, Mr Spirescu was given a 35-day suspended jail sentence and fined £600 after being convicted of attacking a former girlfriend.

The Sun reported that he was ordered to pay his victim’s £400 medical bills after he punched her and threatened to drown her in a lake in January 2010.

Mr Spirescu admitted attacking the woman, now 26, but said he had turned his life around.

“It was the true story,” he said yesterday. “But it’s all in my past. It was four years ago. My life has changed. I am much better now because I changed my life, I went to another village.”

Mr Spirescu said he hoped to earn about £8 an hour in Britain, compared with the £8 a day he earned in Transylvania as a shepherd and handyman. He has left behind his fiancé, Catalina Curcean, 19, who said he planned to stay in Britain for at least a year to earn the £5,000 they need to refurbish their home in the village of Pelisor.

Mr Spirescu said the press attention he had received since arriving in Britain had made it difficult to find a job. He was no longer washing cars.

He said he now hoped to get work in the building industry.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10558260/First-Romanian-to-enter-UK-under-new-EU-rules-attacked-ex-girlfriend.html

Back to top Go down

First Romanian Is Convicted Woman-Beater Empty Re: First Romanian Is Convicted Woman-Beater

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:07 pm

I hope he finds work soon.

Back to top Go down