NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Fairweather: Teenager obsessed with serial killers jailed for 27 years over horrific murders

2 posters

Go down

James Fairweather: Teenager obsessed with serial killers jailed for 27 years over horrific murders Empty James Fairweather: Teenager obsessed with serial killers jailed for 27 years over horrific murders

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:32 pm

The killings were described as 'brutal, relentless and cowardly'

James Fairweather: Teenager obsessed with serial killers jailed for 27 years over horrific murders James-fairweather

A teenage "monster" obsessed with serial killers mouthed "I don't give a s***" as he was detained for 27 years for stabbing two strangers to death.

James Fairweather gave a thumbs-up sign to his mother Anita and father James as he stood in the dock at the Old Bailey on Friday, and motioned to his mother to keep her "chin up".

Judge Justice Robin Spencer described Fairweather as "sadistic" for carrying out the random attacks on James Attfield and Nahid Almanea in Colchester.

"It is plain you were seeking to emulate other serial killers, such as Peter Sutcliffe," he said.

The teenager was just 15 years old when he stabbed Mr Attfield 102 times in March 2014 and Ms Almanea with a bayonet three months later.

Mr Justice Spencer told Fairweather the attack on Mr Attfield was "brutal, relentless and cowardly", adding: "You are well aware of the publicity this first murder attracted. I have no doubt you relished the sense of power and control that it gave you."

Fairweather was found guilty of the murders and faces a minimum sentence of 27 years in prison, despite claims he was possessed by the devil during the attacks.

Prosecuters said he would have likely received a whole life sentence had he been older, as a result of his "sadistic conduct".

The court had been told the teenager was "turned on" by serial killers and had researched Ian Huntley, Ipswich serial killer Steve Wright and Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe, of whom he had a picture on his phone.

His favourite serial killer was American Ted Bundy, who sexually assaulted, murdered and decapitated his victims.
Fairweather pleaded guilty to manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility, claiming he heard voices that compelled him to kill.

He said he wanted to emulate the serial killers he idolised and fantasised about killing his headteacher and parents.
The year-long operation to find the murderer was said to be "one of the biggest investigations" carried out by Essex Police, costing £2.6m.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/james-fairweather-teenager-obsessed-with-serial-killers-jailed-for-27-years-over-horrific-murders-a7007041.html

James Attfield had been in a pub in Colchester that my friend ran, and the girl was killed on a path that ran behind the flats my daughter lived in at one time.   People in Colchester where scared to go on paths by themselves.  They new the two killings were linked because they had found out that in both cases they were stabbed in their eyes.   I'm very glad they found hm.

Back to top Go down

James Fairweather: Teenager obsessed with serial killers jailed for 27 years over horrific murders Empty Re: James Fairweather: Teenager obsessed with serial killers jailed for 27 years over horrific murders

Post by eddie Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:27 am

What a vile creature.
In all honesty, how can you love a man like that, if he's your son?

I certainly wouldn't be supporting him in court.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

James Fairweather: Teenager obsessed with serial killers jailed for 27 years over horrific murders Empty Re: James Fairweather: Teenager obsessed with serial killers jailed for 27 years over horrific murders

Post by Syl Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:15 pm

eddie wrote:What a vile creature.
In all honesty, how can you love a man like that, if he's your son?

I certainly wouldn't be supporting him in court.
He wasn't a man though he was just 15 when he carried out the first murder.

I am always curious to know what sort of relationship with their parents these young teen killers have. I am not excusing what this person has done, the opposite, I think he should be incarcerated for life if need be.
But somewhere along the line he MUST have shown signs of some sort of mental or personality disorder well before he harmed anyone. Did it start with cruelty to animals for eg...bullying at school...being bullied?
Do parents not notice? Do they look the other way? Do they try to get professional help? I know some parents can never see bad in their own kids....is this, taken to the extreme, the result?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down