NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beaten, Abused, Raped, Pakistani

Go down

Beaten, Abused, Raped, Pakistani Empty Beaten, Abused, Raped, Pakistani

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:52 pm

7th January 2014

Along with the curry house workers, another group of foreigners who enrich our lives daily.  Brought here by those "good immigrants" who contribute.

It's a lengthy article, well argued and evidenced, please read it all, don't just see BigAndy9 and cry.  Immigration by the back door, again.  And years of suffering.

To countless migrants, Britain is the promised land. But, once here. many are cruelly exploited. Yesterday, we told the secret of slaves working in our curry houses. Today we reveal the terror of brides brought to our shores to marry their countrymen.

We are waiting for the new bride. And, as is her prerogative, she takes her time to prepare. Sheep are being driven noisily along the lane outside, while in the house the electricity has failed again; lights dim, the ceiling fan whines to a halt and in the sticky gloom the scene could be any time in the past 200 years.

This impression is not dispelled when the curtain at the back of the room is drawn aside and Shaista appears at last. The 26-year-old is dressed traditionally in a pretty shalwar karmeez suit, with an exquisitely embroidered floral dupatta, or scarf, wrapped about her head. Her two chaperoning brothers make a place for her on the sofa.

In a few weeks’ time she will leave Punjab for ever to start a new life in inner-city East London.

It is some step. She has not been outside Pakistan nor, aside from a brief meeting as teenagers, had she seen her English-born husband Shabaz before they were married by arrangement of their families last summer.

How did it come about?

My father and grandfather are friends of his father and grandfather,’ Shaista explains. ‘The families came from nearby villages.

‘In 2010, Shabaz’s mother called my father about agreeing an engagement. His parents were getting an interest in me because of my qualifications, compared to those of other girls [she has a BSc in botany and MSc in psychology].

‘His parents came over and it was decided. My parents asked me and I said, “OK”. On our engagement day, in November 2011, both sets of parents were here but Shabaz remained in London because of his work.

‘We spoke to him on Skype. He asked me about my qualifications and family and what kind of person I am.’ (She says that the superiority of her own education compared with her husband’s is not an issue.)

Five hundred guests attended the wedding across the Ravi River from Lahore. Shabaz returned to London a week later. ‘Now he is arranging immigration papers for me. The minimum time is about six months.’

I had already met Shabaz — a handsome and polite security guard with a rapid-fire Cockney-Asian accent — in a cafe in the shadow of the Olympic Stadium in East London.

That was a world away from Shaista’s tumbledown neighbourhood — typical of where so many of these stories begin in the settlements along the Grand Trunk Road, that fabled highway that runs 1,500 miles from modern-day Bangladesh, through India and Pakistan to the Afghan capital Kabul.

Once, it was the main artery of the British Raj and the writer Rudyard Kipling described it as ‘such a river of life as nowhere else exists in the world’. Today, that river leads those who live alongside it to every corner of the world.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2534906/Beaten-abused-raped-brides-lured-wretched-lives-Britain.html#ixzz2pijdBuH2

Back to top Go down

Beaten, Abused, Raped, Pakistani Empty Re: Beaten, Abused, Raped, Pakistani

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:47 pm

uhm...where is there any suggestion that she is beaten abused and raped. This woman sounds like one of the luckier ones as the article points out. Though I agree that the whole "arranged marriage"  thing (which is NOT of course exclusive to Pakistan and a practice which we here in britain only ceased officially a few decades ago) is wrong on every level.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:05 pm

grumpy old git wrote:uhm...where is there any suggestion that she is beaten abused and raped. This woman sounds like one of the luckier ones as the article points out. Though I agree that the whole "arranged marriage"  thing (which is NOT of course exclusive to Pakistan and a practice which we here in britain only ceased officially a few decades ago) is wrong on every level.

Raped:

Worse, her father-in-law began to harass her. ‘He would ask me about my sex life and look at me in a way you would not look at a daughter. One day, when I was ill in bed, he came and fondled my breasts. He would kiss me and I didn’t like it.

‘He said that if his son couldn’t make me pregnant, he would do it.’

Rani says this molestation culminated in her father-in-law raping her at the madrassa, when she was four months pregnant by her husband.

‘I could do nothing,’ she says. ‘The world was out there, but I was not part of it. After being raped I told my brother-in-law’s wife and she said: “Shut your mouth, no one will believe you.” 

Abused:

Indeed, MP Ann Cryer was condemned as racist when she described the practice as ‘medieval’ and driven by the desire to retain family wealth.

Nilifur, who had an arranged marriage when she was 14 and was brought to England a year later, agrees with Ms Cryer.

Beaten:

Most shockingly, her husband then beat her up for ‘showing another man’ — the paramedic — her ‘private parts’. That was the beginning of the end for her willingness to conform and stay in the marriage.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2534906/Beaten-abused-raped-brides-lured-wretched-lives-Britain.html#ixzz2pk0AOthM

Now, did you do as I instructed, and read the entire article, or look at my headline (which was taken from the most read newspaper in the UK, not made up by big and nasty BigAndy9) and weep uncontrollably?

I suspect you are just a dumb ass and did the latter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:47 pm

no actually I did both, read the headline then looked at the article

the lead in to it, the part story you posted is a poor lead in to the rest of the article, which contains some bad cases it has to be said...

Had I merely read the head line my response would have been somewhat different....

Why dont YOU try reading (and understanding ) others posts the clus is in ."...one of the luckier ones as the article points out"

DOH!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:35 am

And what do you think of the communities hiding in Britain who are raping, beating and abusing 14 year old girls in the name of culture, git?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down