NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congolese music legend Papa Wemba dies mid-performance at age 66

+2
Victorismyhero
Ben Reilly
6 posters

Go down

Congolese music legend Papa Wemba dies mid-performance at age 66 Empty Congolese music legend Papa Wemba dies mid-performance at age 66

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:01 pm

Papa Wemba has died aged 66.The Congolese musician known for his impeccable dressing style as much as the Rhumba Rock sound which he pioneered, collapsed on stage and was later confirmed dead.

The musician whose real name was Jules Shungu Wembadio Pene Kikumba was performing at the the Festival des musiques urbaines d'Anoumabo (FEMUA) In Cote d'Ivore when he fell in the middle of his act.

Footage posted by the Mirror shows a choreographed dance by his dancers and while the star falls to the ground as the backup dancers rush to prop him up while the music still continues. The video does not show any efforts to resuscitate him, it is unclear if medical assistance was sought for him.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201604240221.html

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Congolese music legend Papa Wemba dies mid-performance at age 66 Empty Re: Congolese music legend Papa Wemba dies mid-performance at age 66

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:04 pm

cue the "it was the alien lizard obama cia illuminate combine that did him in with a secret poison chemtrail on a microwave laser needle..."
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Congolese music legend Papa Wemba dies mid-performance at age 66 Empty Re: Congolese music legend Papa Wemba dies mid-performance at age 66

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:05 pm

My brother bought me his CD.  Great music.

Soul's Billy Paul, singer of Me and Mrs Jones, dies

He was best known for his 1972 hit Me and Mrs Jones, which won a Grammy award and reached number one in the US.
A statement on his website said he died on Sunday of a "serious medical condition". The NME music magazine has reported that this was pancreatic cancer.
Mr Paul, who was born as Paul Williams in Philadelphia, helped shape the course of modern R&B music.
In his youth, he performed alongside music legends including Charlie Parker and Nina Simone.
His biggest hit Me and Mrs Jones, about an extra-marital affair, has been covered by artists including Michael Buble and Hall & Oates.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36127223

At least he made it to old age!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:05 pm

Lord Foul wrote:cue the "it was the alien lizard obama cia illuminate combine that did him in with a secret poison chemtrail on a microwave laser needle..."

You got that entirely wrong.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:07 pm

Lord Foul wrote:cue the "it was the alien lizard obama cia illuminate combine that did him in with a secret poison chemtrail on a microwave laser needle..."

I wouldn't joke about secret poison chemtrail-bearing microwave laser needles. Obama might get you next, and then go eat a hamster to celebrate.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:08 pm

Oh, and when he got done with the hamster, he'd share a spirited high-five with fellow Illuminati overlord ... wait for it ... David Icke!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:08 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

I wouldn't joke about secret poison chemtrail-bearing microwave laser needles. Obama might get you next, and then go eat a hamster to celebrate.

IT was a love bird fer christ sake....(the series "V")
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:09 pm

Why don't you both fuck off. If I want to believe Obama is the last of the oompaloompas....then I will.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:11 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

IT was a love bird fer christ sake....(the series "V")

Congolese music legend Papa Wemba dies mid-performance at age 66 Vlcsnap-208244
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:14 pm

oh thats even worse...I ust have missed that episode

(BTW thats a guinea pig NOT a hamster)
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:15 pm

Lord Foul wrote:oh thats even worse...I ust have missed that episode

(BTW thats a guinea pig NOT a hamster)

I heard Obama prefers hamsters. Less fur, a bit leaner (he has high cholesterol).
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:15 pm

How can you even tell???
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:22 pm

face head shape and fur eddie....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Lord Foul wrote:face head shape and fur eddie....

Which are tastier?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:24 pm

well guinea pigs are a part of the normal diet in parts of south america........
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:53 pm

Poor guy, RIP.
I've never heard of him, I don't think.  

There have been several  deaths of famous people on stage or at work. While they were not seen talking their last breath, the initial collapse was publicly seen and invariably regarded as part of the act by the unsuspecting audience!

3 of our famous comedians Eric Morecambe, Tommy Cooper and Sid James passed after collapsing on stage.  Also seen a footballer and a football manager Jock Stein both collapse and die on TV in the UK.

Popular wildlife presenter  Steve Irwin passed soon after he was stung by a stingray live on TV

Music producer David Gest did not die in public but his death was notable as it happened before his scheduled tour titled 'David Gest is not dead.'  Congolese music legend Papa Wemba dies mid-performance at age 66 1363015401

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:27 pm

eddie wrote:
How can you even tell???

Idea

IF you hold a Guinea pig up by the tail, its' eyes fall out...

Fact..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:07 am

Jules_1 wrote:Poor guy, RIP.
I've never heard of him, I don't think.  

There have been several  deaths of famous people on stage or at work. While they were not seen talking their last breath, the initial collapse was publicly seen and invariably regarded as part of the act by the unsuspecting audience!

3 of our famous comedians Eric Morecambe, Tommy Cooper and Sid James passed after collapsing on stage.  Also seen a footballer and a football manager Jock Stein both collapse and die on TV in the UK.

Popular wildlife presenter  Steve Irwin passed soon after he was stung by a stingray live on TV

Music producer David Gest did not die in public but his death was notable as it happened before his scheduled tour titled 'David Gest is not dead.'  Congolese music legend Papa Wemba dies mid-performance at age 66 1363015401

I remember the Tommy Cooper death because I was watching the programme at the time and like most people Ithought it was part of the act

I also remember Jock Stein as well at Ninian Park, Cardiff, in the world cup qualifier. At a time when he should have been celebrating qualifying for Mexico he sadly passed away. A great football manager and a giant of a man.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down