NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did You Get An Annual Bonus - What Will You Spend It On?

3 posters

Go down

Did You Get An Annual Bonus - What Will You Spend It On? Empty Did You Get An Annual Bonus - What Will You Spend It On?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:54 am

7th January 2014

Had my annual review today - another year with no pay increase, so another year of pay going down "in real terms" - no MPs, Archbishops and charity leaders to go on the BBC to cry over my children for me.

But I did get a bonus.

Did you get one - how will you spend it?

Back to top Go down

Did You Get An Annual Bonus - What Will You Spend It On? Empty Re: Did You Get An Annual Bonus - What Will You Spend It On?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:12 am

BigAndy9 wrote:7th January 2014

Had my annual review today - another year with no pay increase, so another year of pay going down "in real terms" - no MPs, Archbishops and charity leaders to go on the BBC to cry over my children for me.

But I did get a bonus.

Make sure that you have enough to feed your family, then whatever is over...make sure that you give to the poor...When i was a kid and working for the Bank Of Tokyo in the late 80's...I had a bit of a penchant, after a night out at Heaven/Gay...I used to give out notes to homeless people on the streets, fairly recently in the NE...There was this guy in the toilets.(straight)..Doing like after shaves and stuff...I just gave him £10 and that made me feel good!

Back to top Go down

Did You Get An Annual Bonus - What Will You Spend It On? Empty Re: Did You Get An Annual Bonus - What Will You Spend It On?

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:16 am

There is a homeless guy that lives by our local station, i've always given him my travelcard to him so that he can sell it on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:10 pm

Catman wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:7th January 2014

But I did get a bonus.

Make sure that you have enough to feed your family, then whatever is over...make sure that you give to the poor...When i was a kid and working for the Bank Of Tokyo in the late 80's...I had a bit of a penchant, after a night out at Heaven/Gay...I used to give out notes to homeless people on the streets, fairly recently in the NE...There was this guy in the toilets.(straight)..Doing like after shaves and stuff...I just gave him £10 and that made me feel good!

A very decent act Mr Catman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Catman wrote:There is a homeless guy that lives by our local station, i've always given him my travelcard to him so that he can sell it on.

If I ever find that homeless guy,I'll kick the shit out of him & rob the lazy bastard.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:05 pm

I work in the third sector so I wouldnt know lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:25 pm

NemsAgain wrote:I work in the third sector so I wouldnt know lol

What's the third sector?

I've heard of third leg...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:54 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:I work in the third sector so I wouldnt know lol

What's the third sector?

The charity sector Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:35 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

What's the third sector?

The charity sector Andy

Oh, I think you'll find bonuses are becoming the norm there too nems.

Maybe not in our traditional British charities.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:23 am

In my law office, I give a bonus equal to one month's salary.  All employees get it. That is the only way I can be equitable and fair.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:54 am

I don't get a bonus, but I do get $75 and pizza if I help out with our election coverage  :<:i}: :<:i}: :<:i}: :<:i}: :<:i}: 

I get a yearly review and raise that has to be approved by our corporate HQ in Sacramento if it's above 3 percent. It's usually 2.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:07 am

When I was in the New York area, as a graduate student at Rutgers University, I had a job as State manager of NES...News Election Service...a joint subsidiary of AP, UPS, NBC, CBS and ABC. I loved the work...but on one election night I fell asleep and nationally, New Jersey didn't come in.  affraid  Great opportunity...but I had to go back to teaching.  Laughing 

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:11 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

The charity sector Andy

Oh, I think you'll find bonuses are becoming the norm there too nems.

Maybe not in our traditional British charities.

Maybe they will one day Andy but it would be a long time coming in our place I think

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down