NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JUNIOR CHEF/COOKING SHOWS...do you watch them?

4 posters

Go down

JUNIOR CHEF/COOKING SHOWS...do you watch them?  Empty JUNIOR CHEF/COOKING SHOWS...do you watch them?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:17 pm

Meet Addison
Masterchef Junior Season 4 winner, Addison Osta Smith, stars at International Home + Housewares Show

Bill McLoughlin -- Kids Today, April 16, 2016
At the recent International Home + Housewares Show in Chicago, Kids Today caught up with Masterchef Junior Season 4 Winner, Addison Osta Smith. At 9 years old the precocious pre-teen chef took to the Show’s Cooking Theater in front of a packed house to demonstrate her culinary prowess.
JUNIOR CHEF/COOKING SHOWS...do you watch them?  172562-addison-osta-smith-graham-elliot-gordon-ramsay-and-christina-tosi
JUNIOR CHEF/COOKING SHOWS...do you watch them?  172564-addison-osta-smith
http://www.kidstodayonline.com/article/530649-meet-addison 

Another favorite cooking series that I watch regularly is 'Chopped Junior'...these
little humans are AMAZING; I wished I had ½ of their skill sets.  Shocked

This 12-year-old ‘Chopped Junior’ veteran has her own public-access cooking show

JUNIOR CHEF/COOKING SHOWS...do you watch them?  Chef_janieMag0117_02-850x478$large 

Janie Wilson after filming her segment of Chopped Junior in New York City. –The Boston Globe  

By Meagan McGinnes  January 12, 2016
Janie Wilson of Peabody may only be 12, but she’s a chef that is up for a challenge.
The seventh grader already hosts her own cooking show on Peabody public access television, “The Three Js’ and That Guy’s Kitchen,’’ teaching viewers recipes they can make for friends and family, according to The Boston Globe..
But her cooking career doesn’t end there. She is a veteran of Chopped Junior, and was one of five grand prize winners in Uncle Ben’s Beginners Cooking Contest in 2014, winning $30,000 for a makeover of her elementary school’s cafeteria.
The young chef told the Globe her dream is “to go to the Culinary Institute of America in New York for college.’’
Read Wilson’s full first-person story at the Globe.

Both of these TV series have provided the viewing public with a group of kids {KIDS} as young as 5 {in Gordon Ramsey's Show} to the more mature {Oh, my older ones in the Chopped Junior}...but all of these kids make my feeble attempts shameful and their ability to speed around their respective kitchens --- MIND BLOWING!

Back to top Go down

JUNIOR CHEF/COOKING SHOWS...do you watch them?  Empty Re: JUNIOR CHEF/COOKING SHOWS...do you watch them?

Post by Syl Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:29 pm

Sorry I don't watch any of them.
The only cooking show I ever watch (usually in Wales cos we don't have Sky there and the programmes are limited) is "Come dine with me"......I like that one.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

JUNIOR CHEF/COOKING SHOWS...do you watch them?  Empty Re: JUNIOR CHEF/COOKING SHOWS...do you watch them?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:32 pm

I watch cooking shows, but we don't have a junior one.  However, remember when my son decided he didn't want to eat anymore meat/fish at the age of about 8, and I told him I wouldn't always have time to do 2 meals and sent him down to the library to learn exactly what he needed to eat and how to cook it lol.  He turned into a really good cook, grew to be 6' 5" so must have been doing something right!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:45 pm

Well, you just don't know what you all are missing; those kids come from a wide range of locations/varied ages and abilities and they are put through some timed tests and cooking skills that make my 62 yrs afraid ...

Chef Ramsey's show has some speed tests that allows the kids some magical moments: like which teams completes the skill test the fastest gets to dump goo all over the judges heads --- lots of screams and loud laughs on those events!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:51 pm

Love to see them, really like the fact the children are putting their hearts and souls into something they love and excelling at it.

Plonking goo on the judge's heads probably gives them a good incentive lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:26 pm

My only problem with watching kids in tv shows is that they can be a bit.....yucky and over-pretentious and that puts me off (especially talent shows)

I like cooking programmes though, and especially the one Syl mentioned; Come dine with me

I like Masterchef too - but always forget it's on!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:47 pm

eddie wrote:My only problem with watching kids in tv shows is that they can be a bit.....yucky and over-pretentious and that puts me off (especially talent shows)

I like cooking programmes though, and especially the one Syl mentioned; Come dine with me

I like Masterchef too - but always forget it's on!

I've had quite the 'giggle' when Ramsey calls the staff into the walk in storage unit to have a 'Come To Jesus Session' with his crew! JUNIOR CHEF/COOKING SHOWS...do you watch them?  1794926327

Instead of his prior screaming/foul mouthed rants that took place out in the open kitchen area --- perhaps he's softened up a bit or the loss of sponsors made him 'more aware of proper verbiage' JUNIOR CHEF/COOKING SHOWS...do you watch them?  2190311264

We have an excellent for 'Diners, Drive-In & Dives' with chef Guy Fieri on the Food Channel.  He's takes you to all of those small out of the way - little known places that are just a mom & pop food joint that serves up some KICK BUTT SPECIALS...

JUNIOR CHEF/COOKING SHOWS...do you watch them?  FN_Guy-Fieri-Diner-Kitchen_s4x3.jpg.rend.sni6col.landscape 
http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/diners-drive-ins-and-dives.html

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:50 pm

Hmmmm you remind me of a female Gordon Ramsey........

Shocked

affraid

JUNIOR CHEF/COOKING SHOWS...do you watch them?  3986371719
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:11 pm

I cannot stand Ramsey...I haven't seen his programme with the children but I did see a couple of episodes of where he was trying to teach adults to be chefs....bullying bastard...he had some of the applicants in tears he was so vile.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:35 pm

No, I don't watch them, and I really don't know why there are so many of them. People seem to be obsessed with what they eat.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down