NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The British Just Don't Want Any More Foreigners

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The British Just Don't Want Any More Foreigners Empty The British Just Don't Want Any More Foreigners

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:15 am

7th January 2014

Please discuss.

More than three quarters of people surveyed in a poll have said they want immigration to be cut, with 56% calling for major curbs.

Almost half of people asked, 47%, think immigration is bad for the economy.

Among the 31% of respondents who said immigration is good for the economy, half wanted to see it reduced anyway.

More details of the annual British Social Attitudes survey are to be revealed in a BBC Two documentary called The Truth About Immigration.

In the programme, BBC political editor Nick Robinson looked back to a civil service paper published in 2001 which examined the economic and the social impact of immigration.

The paper concluded that there was" little evidence that native workers are harmed by migration".

Its author, former Cabinet Office economist Jonathan Portes, said: "I think politicians do have to say to individuals who are negatively affected, and let's face it there will be some: 'Yes, we're doing this for the good of our country, and yes you may lose out, but ultimately we still have to do this.'

"Just as we said to the coal miners 30 years ago: 'Sorry we can get our coal a lot cheaper abroad. We can't afford to keep on propping you up.'"

Former Labour foreign secretary Jack Straw said the previous government had "got it wrong" on immigration, "and I deeply regret it".

He added: "I regret it because it undermines trust in government, if you're that wrong."

Labour MP and ex-home secretary David Blunkett added: "We didn't spell out in words of one syllable what was happening, partly because of a fear of racism."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25630036

2001???

Back to top Go down

The British Just Don't Want Any More Foreigners Empty Re: The British Just Don't Want Any More Foreigners

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:24 am

too bad  pirat 
the Aboriginals said the same thing

suck it up princess, whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

The British Just Don't Want Any More Foreigners Empty Re: The British Just Don't Want Any More Foreigners

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:22 am

veya_victaous wrote:too bad  pirat 

The British Just Don't Want Any More Foreigners Smile187

Funniest put down I've heard in a long time!  lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:23 am

Sorry Andy, but your thread title is wrong, as they don't mind more immigrants, like many people they just wish for this to be controlled like i do:

More than three quarters of people surveyed in a poll have said they want immigration to be cut, with 56% calling for major curbs.

Cut does not mean no more people coming here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:01 am

Didge to be fair I think what people want is for some of those currently here - the definitely illegal, the outright criminals, and those who are not working but instead begging and claiming benefits - to be removed, then for the population numbers to be assessed, then controls and curbs written.

People do not have a problem with the individuals involved they have a problem with the numbers and effects involved. It is a matter of space - France is has more than double the area of the UK yet its population is only 2 and half million more.

Over half the UK has seen population density increases of over 5% in 10 years and people dont know when this is going to stop - and they want to know when it is going to stop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:12 am

sphinx wrote:Didge to be fair I think what people want is for some of those currently here - the definitely illegal, the outright criminals, and those who are not working but instead begging and claiming benefits - to be removed, then for the population numbers to be assessed, then controls and curbs written.

People do not have a problem with the individuals involved they have a problem with the numbers and effects involved.  It is a matter of space - France is has more than double the area of the UK yet its population is only 2 and half million more.  

Over half the UK has seen population density increases of over 5% in 10 years and  people dont know when this is going to stop - and they want to know when it is going to stop.

To be fair Sphinx the vast majority of immigrants are law abiding and work, so to cast them due to those who commit crime, claim benefits is very unfair to say the least and clearly people are buying into any article published in the Daily Mail as if this is an endemic, when the reality is the opposite. Yes we would all love a Utopian society where we know who are the criminals and I am all for the new measures which means people cannot just come here and claim, but have to put into the system, my view is they should work here for at least a year first before they can. I am all for easier laws to remove those illegal, but the reality is people who in the main are hard working and law abiding get lumped along with the rest.

As for whether we have room, we have plenty, only 7% of the landmass has been urbanised and we do need to balance out the age groups within the population which will require more immigration of younger people as the fact is by 2050 1 in 4 will be over 65, a problem that is not going to go away. So yes we will still need immigration plus as already stated there is a poor ethos in this country with some people thinking some jobs are beneath them, so it is not all as plain and easy to resolve as you think

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:28 am

Oh as only 7% of our land mass is urbanized I guess we better rush ahead and urbanize some more then.

I am trying to explain why people are saying the things they are saying. People know most immigrants are hard working - people do not have a problem with the individuals. They think the world of their next door neighbours and will defend them to the death from unfair attacks they have just stopped swallowing the myth that every immigrant is like their next door neighbour.

I dont know about other areas but where I am there are ever increasing numbers of big issue sellers - all immigrants (their language skills show this) and people who see immigrants selling the big issue are not going to be convinced that the number of immigrants not working are so small as to be insignificant because their own personal experience tells them otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:39 am

sphinx wrote:Oh as only 7% of our land mass is urbanized I guess we better rush ahead and urbanize some more then.
Moran, I am trying to show you would need a population of over 500 million to even get close to making the country half full, in other words we have hardly even urbanised much of the country showing how easily it seems not only you are gullible to the Mail making daft claims we are over crowded. In fact we have been over crowded more so in the past in cities where infrastructure was not up graded

I am trying to explain why people are saying the things they are saying.  People know most immigrants are hard working - people do not have a problem with the individuals.  They think the world of their next door neighbours and will defend them to the death from unfair attacks they have just stopped swallowing the myth that every immigrant is like their next door neighbour.
Seriously I am not thick Sphinx and I understand why people like yourself are so selfish that you only think of yourselves and not for the future, being as already stated we have a massive imbalance with age groups within the population. It is alright you sitting there moaning but there is more to this as already stated

I dont know about other areas but where I am there are ever increasing numbers of big issue sellers - all immigrants (their language skills show this) and people who see immigrants selling the big issue are not going to be convinced that the number of immigrants not working are so small as to be insignificant because their own personal experience tells them otherwise.  

Oh for fuck sake, Jesus you would make a great pin up for the Daily Halfwit, the vast majority of migrants here actually speak English and many have a good command of this , which is more than can be said for our own population too utterly selfish and ignorant to learn many other languages themselves blindly being ignorant expecting the world to speak English. The reality is you choose poor arguments based on some people selling the big issue, please present something of intelligence that above is nothing but scare malingering bullshit.
I am all for immigration to be controlled by your arguments are daft now on some big issue sellers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:41 am

P.S. maybe for once you could actually take on board my points instead of avoiding them as you always do

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:24 pm

Phil I am not avoiding them - all your points have value and I accept that - do you accept that the points of others have value as well?  The problem with a lot of your points is they are about what is known not what is felt.   People know that most immigrants have good English - but that does not change what they feel when seeing someone selling the big issue with poor English.  When your average person is out shopping and because of the financial squeeze is trying to work out whether they should miss getting the car serviced or not do the traditional birthday celebration for their child having someone with poor English ask them for money for the big issue is not going to please them.  You can show them figures day long about how many immigrants work and speak English and they will accept them with their brain - but their heart is going to be screaming that the figures are a lie because that big issue seller impacted their emotions.

At the end of the day we both are calling for controlled immigration.  I have never said the door should be closed, I have repeatedly said immigration should be controlled according to need.  I just think that for control to be according to need the first thing that needs to be done is accurately assess the need.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:32 pm

Point 1) Not bothered with someone selling the Big issue who speaks little English, it does not affect my life in any way or anybody else for that matter, so why should it bother you? When on holiday do you speak like most English people or even when they move abroad speak the language of that nation? Hardly

yes i want controlled immigration but I I really am at odds with how the likes of the Mail and co play up to people's fears and make matters worse which can create problems and segregate society. The amount of poor articles on Romanians and Bulgarians is poor to say the least Sphinx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:32 pm

To be honest - the only people who should take part in these surveys are those from places affected by immigration - the large cities and Lincolnshire.

sphinx edited her post above to take out "people from China would think Britain has lots of space while people from Canada and the US would think we are overcrowded" - that's what made me think of the above.

Now, as we all know, places like Devon and Cornwall will vote Lib Dem because they think everything is pink and fluffy - we all know you are from Ashford in Kent - pink and fluffy.

They wouldn't ask me for my input in to handicapped children because I don't come from a house with one - why would they ask a selection of the UK for their opinion on immigration?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:35 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:To be honest - the only people who should take part in these surveys are those from places affected by immigration - the large cities and Lincolnshire.

sphinx edited her post above to take out "people from China would think Britain has lots of space while people from Canada and the US would think we are overcrowded" - that's what made me think of the above.

Now, as we all know, places like Devon and Cornwall will vote Lib Dem because they think everything is pink and fluffy - we all know you are from Ashford in Kent - pink and fluffy.

They wouldn't ask me for my input in to handicapped children because I don't come from a house with one - why would they ask a selection of the UK for their opinion on immigration?

Ashford has high amounts of Polish, Albanians and Nepalese showing how little you know Andy about areas around the UK.
Again it does not affect my life, why do you allow something to affect your life because they come from a different country\/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:40 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:To be honest - the only people who should take part in these surveys are those from places affected by immigration - the large cities and Lincolnshire.

Ashford has high amounts of Polish, Albanians and Nepalese showing how little you know Andy about areas around the UK.
Again it does not affect my life, why do you allow something to affect your life because they come from a different country\/

Because everywhere I go I have to attempt to interact with them - if I were to travel by public transport, go in any shop, park my car, go to the doctors, walk in public which is now so much more crowded than before, as are all of the shops, the doctors surgery, the hospitals. My children are suffering in their schools because of them.

And I could go on.

The other thing we haven't factored in is the reason you and BigMama support them - you are foreign yourselves, making everything you say about foreigners worthless in the argument.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:41 pm

PhilDidge wrote:Point 1) Not bothered with someone selling the Big issue who speaks little English, it does not affect my life in any way or anybody else for that matter, so why should it bother you? When on holiday do you speak like most English people or even when they move abroad speak the language of that nation? Hardly

yes i want controlled immigration but I I really am at odds with how the likes of the Mail and co play up to people's fears and make matters worse which can create problems and segregate society. The amount of poor articles on Romanians and Bulgarians is poor to say the least Sphinx      

Glad you are in a position not be bothered by inability to meet obvious need in others. Unfortunately many people are are in a position that bothers them. They are experiencing the unpleasant feelings associated with assessing which bits of their life previously considered normal are going to have to be done away with. Then they are faced with a person in a position they would previously have helped with. This results in guilt feelings. People dont like guilt feelings. People try to reason guilt away. When the person is need is not British the obvious reasoning is why the hell have they been allowed here when our own people are struggling themselves. This is not logical. It is not factually based. It is human.

I would point out that other newspapers write other poor articles on other subjects except I know full well that when posting on those subjects you attack other newspapers as aggressively so I dont need to.

Andy - the bit you read about China was an error - it was from a different post to a different place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:45 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Because everywhere I go I have to attempt to interact with them - if I were to travel by public transport, go in any shop, park my car, go to the doctors, walk in public which is now so much more crowded than before, as are all of the shops, the doctors surgery, the hospitals.  My children are suffering in their schools because of them.
And it affects your lfe so much because of what exactly? Bigotry?

And I could go on.

The other thing we haven't factored in is the reason you and BigMama support them - you are foreign yourselves, making everything you say about foreigners worthless in the argument.

Priceless, no I am British born, being the fact on my mothers side actually descends back to English from ireland, shows you know jack shit Andy and that sort of attitude is appalling to say who can or cannot be British you ignorant twat being the fact both my Grand parents fought for this country neither of whom even lived here so you could enjoy the freedoms you have today you selfish twat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:46 pm

sphinx wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:Point 1) Not bothered with someone selling the Big issue who speaks little English, it does not affect my life in any way or anybody else for that matter, so why should it bother you? When on holiday do you speak like most English people or even when they move abroad speak the language of that nation? Hardly

Glad you are in a position not be bothered by inability to meet obvious need in others.  Unfortunately many people are are in a position that bothers them.  They are experiencing the unpleasant feelings associated with assessing which bits of their life previously considered normal are going to have to be done away with.   Then they are faced with a person in a position they would previously have helped with.  This results in guilt feelings.  People dont like guilt feelings.  People try to reason guilt away.  When the person is need is not British the obvious reasoning is why the hell have they been allowed here when our own people are struggling themselves.  This is not logical.  It is not factually based.  It is human.

I would point out that other newspapers write other poor articles on other subjects except I know full well that when posting on those subjects you attack other newspapers as aggressively so I dont need to.

Andy - the bit you read about China was an error - it was from a different post to a different place.

But turned out to be rather relevant - hope you don't mind me adding it in to my post?!

Phil - do you recognise that many people in the UK are affected by immigration? Do you think they all get their views from the Daily Mail, and are mistaken in thinking immigration affects the UK?

I really do think you'd be surprised to find that foreigners are affecting people every day, in everything they do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:49 pm

sphinx wrote:

Glad you are in a position not be bothered by inability to meet obvious need in others.
What needs, I never knew the Big issue was such a pressing matter in your life

Unfortunately many people are are in a position that bothers them.
How does it bother them, because they get annoyed over something so mundane?

They are experiencing the unpleasant feelings associated with assessing which bits of their life previously considered normal are going to have to be done away with.
So even though the demographics has changed constantly and the fact is the ethnicity of many British people are mixed to the hilts, people are basically saying foreign people are thus not normal like you and I am then? Really?

Then they are faced with a person in a position they would previously have helped with.  This results in guilt feelings.  People dont like guilt feelings.  People try to reason guilt away.  When the person is need is not British the obvious reasoning is why the hell have they been allowed here when our own people are struggling themselves.  This is not logical.  It is not factually based.  It is human.
I see no reason why people cannot get along, it is either the person who comes here or the person who lives here if either makes no effort then both are wrong

I think most papers are shite, they are all biased, but the Mail is appalling

So to sum up people are themselves what is the issue as they cannot get along with other people

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:50 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Glad you are in a position not be bothered by inability to meet obvious need in others.  Unfortunately many people are are in a position that bothers them.  They are experiencing the unpleasant feelings associated with assessing which bits of their life previously considered normal are going to have to be done away with.   Then they are faced with a person in a position they would previously have helped with.  This results in guilt feelings.  People dont like guilt feelings.  People try to reason guilt away.  When the person is need is not British the obvious reasoning is why the hell have they been allowed here when our own people are struggling themselves.  This is not logical.  It is not factually based.  It is human.

But turned out to be rather relevant - hope you don't mind me adding it in to my post?!

Phil - do you recognise that many people in the UK are affected by immigration?  Do you think they all get their views from the Daily Mail, and are mistaken in thinking immigration affects the UK?

I really do think you'd be surprised to find that foreigners are affecting people every day, in everything they do.

Actually it is the attitude of idiots such as yourself that is the problem for one not recognising me as British for one, very daft to say the least and you expect people to bend to your will, sorry the world does not work that way.

I mean how are they affecting people's lives, by breathing the same air that you do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:50 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Because everywhere I go I have to attempt to interact with them - if I were to travel by public transport, go in any shop, park my car, go to the doctors, walk in public which is now so much more crowded than before, as are all of the shops, the doctors surgery, the hospitals.  My children are suffering in their schools because of them.
And it affects your lfe so much because of what exactly? Bigotry?

And I could go on.

Priceless, no I am British born, being the fact on my mothers side actually descends back to English from ireland, shows you know jack shit Andy and that sort of attitude is appalling to say who can or cannot be British you ignorant twat being the fact both my Grand parents fought for this country neither of whom even lived here so you could enjoy the freedoms you have today you selfish twat

No Phil, i'm not ignorant or a bigot.

When such important people as the other children in my children's class all speak another language - sometimes the teachers, the doctors and nurses, the staff at shops I interact with - it isn't bigotry, they are difficult situations that I and others have to overcome every day.

I know your background thank you, you have told me before - your mother is from Ireland and your father is from Italy?/Sicily?

Whatever - your family comes from abroad and you of course support that. You champion those who come from abroad because it is where you and your family come from - they have made that journey and you feel others can do it too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:56 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

You are both it seems

When such important people as the other children in my children's class all speak another language - sometimes the teachers, the doctors and nurses, the staff at shops I interact with - it isn't bigotry, they are difficult situations that I and others have to overcome every day.
So what that they speak another language, I bet they also can speak English which would show greater aptitude than many of the children who are born here, who too lazy to learn another language. It will be rare to find someone in profession you cannot understand if we are to believe you there would mountains of stories everyday of which is not the case    

I know your background thank you, you have told me before - your mother is from Ireland and your father is from Italy?/Sicily?
Yes but I am born here which makes me British, do you know both British and English are made up conceptions, it is not an exclusive club, being the fact nobody before the 8th century were in fact English they were Britons who had mixed ethnicity including, Romans, Celts, Saxons, jutes and Angles,the later unless you are descended solely from then you have no claim to being English by your logic, are you? No

Whatever - your family comes from abroad and you of course support that.  You champion those who come from abroad because it is where you and your family come from - they have made that journey and you feel others can do it too.

The whole nation was born from mixed ethnicity you wally, we are humans, biologically all one race, the only issue is people like yourself who cannot get along with others

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:00 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

You are both it seems

So what that they speak another language, I bet they also can speak English which would show greater aptitude than many of the children who are born here tooo lazy to learn another language. It will be rare to find someone in profession you cannot understand if we are to believe you there would mountains of stories everyday of which is not the case    

Yes but I am born here which makes me British, do you know both British and English are made up conceptions, it is not an exclusive club, being the fact nobody before the 8th century were in fact English they were Britons who had mixed ethnicity including, Romans, Celts, Saxons, jutes and Angles,the later unless you are descended solely from then you have no claim to being English by your logic, are you? No

Whatever - your family comes from abroad and you of course support that.  You champion those who come from abroad because it is where you and your family come from - they have made that journey and you feel others can do it too.

The whole nation was born from mixed ethnicity you wally, we are humans, biologically all one race, the only issue is people like yourself who cannot get along with others

There we go - you believe Britain isn't for the British - it's for everybody and we don't have a right to a country of our own?

How long has your apartment block been standing? Do you leave the door to your flat open?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:03 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

There we go - you believe Britain isn't for the British - it's for everybody and we don't have a right to a country of our own?

How long has your apartment block been standing?  Do you leave the door to your flat open?

You still not grasping this are you, British people are already made up of a multitude of ethnicities. Again the concept of English comes from the Angles, are you descended solely from the Angles? If not then by your methodology you cannot be English, yet I would never deny you the right to claim yourself to be and say you are foreign descended no doubt from the Normans, who were descended from the Vikings who bred with the Franks, so are you more French than English?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:07 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

How long has your apartment block been standing?  Do you leave the door to your flat open?

You still not grasping this are you, British people are already made up of a multitude of ethnicities. Again the concept of English comes from the Angles, are you descended solely from the Angles? If not then by your methodology you cannot be English, yet I would never deny you the right to claim yourself to be and say you are foreign descended no doubt from the Normans, who were descended from the Vikings who bred with the Franks, so are you more French than English?

Aaaaand because of this, what?

I must sit in the street and be spat upon?

I must hand over my daughter to whom?

I must vacate my house by what time?

What are you trying to say Phil?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:13 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Oh please the above is pathetic to say the least Andy you are now clutching at straws

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:14 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Glad you are in a position not be bothered by inability to meet obvious need in others.
What needs, I never knew the Big issue was such a pressing matter in your life

Unfortunately many people are are in a position that bothers them.
How does it bother them, because they get annoyed over something so mundane?

They are experiencing the unpleasant feelings associated with assessing which bits of their life previously considered normal are going to have to be done away with.
So even though the demographics has changed constantly and the fact is the ethnicity of many British people are mixed to the hilts, people are basically saying foreign people are thus not normal like you and I am then? Really?

Then they are faced with a person in a position they would previously have helped with.  This results in guilt feelings.  People dont like guilt feelings.  People try to reason guilt away.  When the person is need is not British the obvious reasoning is why the hell have they been allowed here when our own people are struggling themselves.  This is not logical.  It is not factually based.  It is human.
I see no reason why people cannot get along, it is either the person who comes here or the person who lives here if either makes no effort then both are wrong  

I think most papers are shite, they are all biased, but the Mail is appalling

So to sum up people are themselves what is the issue as they cannot get along with other people

One of us is missing something here
Someone selling the big issue is homeless and living on the streets - they will be going cold wet and hungry. (I know I have been there)

I, and a lot of other people cannot see a seller without being very aware of the situation that person is in. Lots of people freely bought or donated to big issue sellers in the past. Now they are struggling financially themselves - and though they do have a home etc they are not confident they are going to keep it. Seeing someone in a position they previously would have helped with makes them feel inadequate because they cannot help now. Being unable to help despite being so much better off makes them feel guilty. Feelings of guilt and inadequacy are reasoned into anger.

People want to get along with other people but survival instincts say they have to look out for themselves first (there are scientific studies on these hierarchies).

You are busy trying to claim people are not being affected by immigration but the fact is they are being affected because they are emotional beings.
The parent whose child has started struggling at school will be affected because they will feel that the 2 children from immigrant families that have taken the class to 32 pupils are taking time the teacher could be spending helping their children. It does not matter whether that is what is happening that is what the parent will feel so the parent is affected.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:21 pm

sphinx wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

Someone selling the big issue is homeless and living on the streets - they will be going cold wet and hungry.  (I know I have been there)
That is there issue, they chose to come here and if they wish to go that way, then on their head be it, they could of course find work or go back home, again this represents a pathetic amount of people and do not represent the vast majority of immigrants

I, and  a lot of other people cannot see a seller without being very aware of the situation that person is in.  Lots of people freely bought or donated to big issue sellers in the past.
Seriously this is scraping the barrel now Sphinx to drag out such a lame point on whether you feel bad for them, sorry I get on with my life and actually pay into charities where I know the money is being well spent

Now they are struggling financially themselves - and though they do have a home etc they are not confident they are going to keep it.  Seeing someone in a position they previously would have helped with makes them feel inadequate because they cannot help now.  Being unable to help despite being so much better off makes them feel guilty.  Feelings of guilt and inadequacy are reasoned into anger.
Your issue not mine and to be honest I don't think the reality is many people give a rats arse when seeing a big issue seller, that is the reality, you maybe different, hey that is your choice just as it is of the seller who came here

People want to get along with other people but survival instincts say they have to look out for themselves first (there are scientific studies on these  hierarchies).
Bull, you just made that up in regards to getting along with people, it is not difficult you just have to try and it does not reflect the vast amount of foreign people here who are not selling the big issue . You are labouring such a minor point to the death

You are busy trying to claim people are not being affected by immigration but the fact is they are being affected because they are emotional beings.
The parent whose child has started  struggling at school will be affected because they will feel that the 2 children from immigrant families that have taken the class to 32 pupils are taking time the teacher could be spending helping their children.  It does not matter whether that is what is happening that is what the parent will feel so the parent is affected.

Oh for fuck sake, get a grip woman, you are telling me a child is that affected by more people in the class and this is what concerns them the most when they come home from school? Not by the hair of your chinny chin chin, a child of that age won't give a rats arse, because it will not think like an adult over where a person comes from unless influenced with bigotry by that parent. Why is it then Sphinx that places like Tower Hamlets of which has high immigration has some of the best grade scores in the country?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:38 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

Oh please the above is pathetic to say the least Andy you are now clutching at straws

No Phil - come on, tell me what the result of: British people are already made up of a multitude of ethnicities. Again the concept of English comes from the Angles, are you descended solely from the Angles? If not then by your methodology you cannot be English, yet I would never deny you the right to claim yourself to be and say you are foreign descended no doubt from the Normans, who were descended from the Vikings who bred with the Franks, so are you more French than English?

that is.

Are the British people not allowed to choose who comes to their country and not allowed to control immigration to whatever level they choose?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:14 pm

The above made no sense as per usual, again lets take your stance when most people like myself just want it controlled and reduced, if other nations took your view, then no Brits could emigrate themselves, even worse could not work abroad all because some people are selfish to deny some others a chance to move here to better their lives.

That is poor to say the least, good reasons for controlling will be numbers with infrastructures that would be the main reason, not fear, scare or guilt being used as you do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:26 pm

PhilDidge wrote:The above made no sense as per usual, again lets take your stance when most people like myself just want it controlled and reduced, if other nations took your view, then no Brits could emigrate themselves, even worse could not work abroad all because some people are selfish to deny some others a chance to move here to better their lives.

That is poor to say the least, good reasons for controlling will be numbers with infrastructures that would be the main reason, not fear, scare or guilt being used as you do.

Phil, you are a champion of immigration because your family are foreigners - that's ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:28 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
sphinx wrote:

Someone selling the big issue is homeless and living on the streets - they will be going cold wet and hungry.  (I know I have been there)
That is there issue, they chose to come here and if they wish to go that way, then on their head be it, they could of course find work or go back home, again this represents a pathetic amount of people and do not represent the vast majority of immigrants

I, and  a lot of other people cannot see a seller without being very aware of the situation that person is in.  Lots of people freely bought or donated to big issue sellers in the past.
Seriously this is scraping the barrel now Sphinx to drag out such a lame point on whether you feel bad for them, sorry I get on with my life and actually pay into charities where I know the money is being well spent

Now they are struggling financially themselves - and though they do have a home etc they are not confident they are going to keep it.  Seeing someone in a position they previously would have helped with makes them feel inadequate because they cannot help now.  Being unable to help despite being so much better off makes them feel guilty.  Feelings of guilt and inadequacy are reasoned into anger.
Your issue not mine and to be honest I don't think the reality is many people give a rats arse when seeing a big issue seller, that is the reality, you maybe different, hey that is your choice just as it is of the seller who came here

People want to get along with other people but survival instincts say they have to look out for themselves first (there are scientific studies on these  hierarchies).
Bull, you just made that up in regards to getting along with people, it is not difficult you just have to try and it does not reflect the vast amount of foreign people here who are not selling the big issue . You are labouring such a minor point to the death

The parent whose child has started  struggling at school will be affected because they will feel that the 2 children from immigrant families that have taken the class to 32 pupils are taking time the teacher could be spending helping their children.  It does not matter whether that is what is happening that is what the parent will feel so the parent is affected.

Oh for fuck sake, get a grip woman, you are telling me a child is that affected by more people in the class and this is what concerns them the most when they come home from school? Not by the hair of your chinny chin chin, a child of that age won't give a rats arse, because it will not think like an adult over where a person comes from unless influenced with bigotry by that parent. Why is it then Sphinx that places like Tower Hamlets of which has high immigration has some of the best grade scores in the country?

Possibly for this reason:

Tower Hamlets schools get record government funding

http://www.london24.com/news/education/tower_hamlets_schools_get_record_government_funding_for_poor_pupils_1_1156140

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:36 pm

3 years ago Tess interesting and yet it has paid for the fact many of the schools have come on leaps and bounds

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:49 pm

PhilDidge wrote:3 years ago Tess interesting and yet it has paid for the fact many of the schools have come on leaps and bounds

Tess? That's a girl's name.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:18 pm

Tower Hamlets has high numbers of immigration - are all the children immigrants or the children of immigrants?

I'd say probably 90%+

I did read a report that it is now white British children who are dropping off the scale in success results in school.

And that is just another reason the white British parents are saying enough is enough.

You see Phil, every single aspect of life is now being damaged by immigration. Every single aspect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:20 pm

You will tell us next that 90%+ of immigrants are working.

That isn't a plus for the white Brits at the bottom Phil.

Ask the old lady from Rochdale.

You know the one - the one you and your friend Gordon would call a bigot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:23 pm

Didge are you deliberately mis quoting me or are you skim reading and filling in the blanks incorrectly.

I did not say the child is worried by what happens at school I said the parents are.

For years it has been put about by the educational establishment that class size affects outcome and that the optimal size for primary school classes is under 30 with governments repeated promising to make sure no class goes above that. Promises which have not been kept and no just due to immigration

Having put this about we are now in a situation where increases in school age population partly driven by immigration is contributing to class sizes going above 30. Parents whose children are now in classes with more than 30 pupils are going to worry about their childs education. Where a parent believes the class size increase is due to immigration because the extra pupils are immigrants children they are going to conclude that their childs education is being negatively affected by immigration.

Please note I am not stating that below 30 is optimal. I am not saying the increased class size is even partly the fault of immigrants. I am trying to show you how other peoples thought processes often work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:30 pm

Well yes class sizes are increasing and that's not good - fact.

But my younger daughters class has more than 5 Eastern Europeans in it.

Now, I've said this before - I went to university with a class of around 15 - one person was Eastern European - he was an adult, couldn't understand the instructors and they couldn't understand him.

Could we get the instructors attention when we were doing practical work - no, because they were permanently assisting him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:14 pm

sphinx wrote:Didge are you deliberately mis quoting me or are you skim reading and filling in the blanks incorrectly.

I did not say the child is worried by what happens at school I said the parents are.

For years it has been put about by the educational establishment that class size affects outcome and that the optimal size for primary school classes is under 30 with governments repeated promising to make sure no class goes above that.  Promises which have not been kept and no just due to immigration

Having put this about we are now in a situation where increases in school age population partly driven by immigration  is contributing to class sizes going above 30.  Parents whose children are now in classes with more than 30 pupils are going to worry about their childs education.  Where a parent believes the class size increase is due to immigration because the extra pupils are immigrants children they are going to conclude that their childs education is being negatively affected by immigration.  

Please note I am not stating that below 30 is optimal.  I am not saying the increased class size is even partly the fault of immigrants.  I am trying to show you how other peoples thought processes often work.

Okay school class room sizes, valid point, that is a point for reducing immigration of which I already agreed.

Points on assimilation, fear tactics, scare tactics I do not agree with

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:15 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:You will tell us next that 90%+ of immigrants are working.

EU migrants do:

http://fullfact.org/articles/immigration_bill_migrants_benefits-29233

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:54 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
sphinx wrote:Didge are you deliberately mis quoting me or are you skim reading and filling in the blanks incorrectly.

For years it has been put about by the educational establishment that class size affects outcome and that the optimal size for primary school classes is under 30 with governments repeated promising to make sure no class goes above that.  Promises which have not been kept and no just due to immigration

Having put this about we are now in a situation where increases in school age population partly driven by immigration  is contributing to class sizes going above 30.  Parents whose children are now in classes with more than 30 pupils are going to worry about their childs education.  Where a parent believes the class size increase is due to immigration because the extra pupils are immigrants children they are going to conclude that their childs education is being negatively affected by immigration.  

Please note I am not stating that below 30 is optimal.  I am not saying the increased class size is even partly the fault of immigrants.  I am trying to show you how other peoples thought processes often work.

Okay school class room sizes, valid point, that is a point for reducing immigration of which I already agreed.

I think just blaming the DM and its ilk for fear tactics and scare tactics is disingenuous.

For too long too much of the media tried publishing reasoned balanced concerns that were being raised by their readership (the relationship between what a media source publishes and what its customers believe is far from a simple one way process) and were slammed for doing so being accused of racism and bigotry for the simplest investigation. As a result they felt unheard and ignored and did what most humans do when feeling unheard and ignored they got louder and more extreme. Now it is finally being admitted that their original concerns had some validity they are staying loud and extreme because they fear if they get quieter and more reasonable again they will be ignored.

Combine this with the fact that ordinary people (both those that read the DM and those that dont) are getting more concerned and you get the situation where the extremes are less challenged.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:05 pm

PhilDidge wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:You will tell us next that 90%+ of immigrants are working.

EU migrants do:

http://fullfact.org/articles/immigration_bill_migrants_benefits-29233

EU migrants do what? Work?

That aint a good thing, as I said Phil.

Not for me - I have a good job, but for the British at the bottom of the pile Phil, the ones who would have been forced to take the low paid jobs by the government.

EU migrants who come here and take the jobs for NMW and those who come here as contractors and take the jobs below the NMW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:07 pm

Come on Phil, even your positives are negatives for the British people:

Tower Hamlets has high numbers of immigration - are all the children immigrants or the children of immigrants?

I'd say probably 90%+

I did read a report that it is now white British children who are dropping off the scale in success results in school.

And that is just another reason the white British parents are saying enough is enough.

You see Phil, every single aspect of life is now being damaged by immigration. Every single aspect.

Back to top Go down

You will tell us next that 90%+ of immigrants are working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:33 pm

I think a lot of it is the attitude you take. I was at a store a few years ago when a guy who came from Southeast Asia somewhere came up with a bottle of soap he couldn't read the label on. He pantomimed washing his hair with it, then under his arms. I took a look at the bottle and pantomimed washing under my arms, he smiled and nodded.

Now, were I the type of person whose attitude is to say that that's a sign that America isn't America if I can't speak English to everyone I bump into, that incident probably would have pissed me off. I just thought it was kind of cool how two people who didn't speak the same language could exchange information and assistance.

I think it's just that attitude, "Britain for British," that kind of pisses me off. I bet the Celtic people who were conquered by the Angles, Saxons and Jutes said that, and the Germanic tribes said that when they were conquered by the Normans. What happened? They eventually got over it and saw one another as equally British, just in time to sail around the world, subjugate a bunch of natives and start a big slaving operation.

I think there's also some misplaced blame going on. Nobody forces employers to lower the wages they offer immigrants; they're preying on the fact that most immigrants come from lower earning classes and think half of what you earn is riches.

And as far as education, maybe the U.K. should invest more money into it. After all, its austerity measures didn't work:

But from an economic perspective, Osborne’s argument is hogwash. His effort to cure the patient by subjecting it to the equivalent of leeching—big cuts in government spending and higher taxes—a return to pre-Keynesian policies watched closely the world over, failed abysmally. Imposed at a time when the U.K.’s economy was recovering from the financial crisis of 2008-09, it subjected his countrymen and countrywomen to three more years of slump-like conditions, and it produced a dearth of public-sector and private-sector investment that will hobble Britain for years to come. It even failed to meet its own targets of drastically reducing the budget deficit and bringing down Britain’s over-all debt burden.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/johncassidy/2013/12/by-george-britains-austerity-experiment-didnt-work.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:36 pm

Sassy wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:too bad  pirat 

Sassy it's a bit weird how you interpret every post aimed at either me or BA as a put down.

Are you having one of your turns again? Come on girl let's keep it together & try not to tun this site into your previous failure.

Stop copying Catty & post good posts which you are more than capable of doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:49 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I think a lot of it is the attitude you take. I was at a store a few years ago when a guy who came from Southeast Asia somewhere came up with a bottle of soap he couldn't read the label on. He pantomimed washing his hair with it, then under his arms. I took a look at the bottle and pantomimed washing under my arms, he smiled and nodded.

Now, were I the type of person whose attitude is to say that that's a sign that America isn't America if I can't speak English to everyone I bump into, that incident probably would have pissed me off. I just thought it was kind of cool how two people who didn't speak the same language could exchange information and assistance.

I think it's just that attitude, "Britain for British," that kind of pisses me off. I bet the Celtic people who were conquered by the Angles, Saxons and Jutes said that, and the Germanic tribes said that when they were conquered by the Normans. What happened? They eventually got over it and saw one another as equally British, just in time to sail around the world, subjugate a bunch of natives and start a big slaving operation.

I think there's also some misplaced blame going on. Nobody forces employers to lower the wages they offer immigrants; they're preying on the fact that most immigrants come from lower earning classes and think half of what you earn is riches.

And as far as education, maybe the U.K. should invest more money into it. After all, its austerity measures didn't work:

But from an economic perspective, Osborne’s argument is hogwash. His effort to cure the patient by subjecting it to the equivalent of leeching—big cuts in government spending and higher taxes—a return to pre-Keynesian policies watched closely the world over, failed abysmally. Imposed at a time when the U.K.’s economy was recovering from the financial crisis of 2008-09, it subjected his countrymen and countrywomen to three more years of slump-like conditions, and it produced a dearth of public-sector and private-sector investment that will hobble Britain for years to come. It even failed to meet its own targets of drastically reducing the budget deficit and bringing down Britain’s over-all debt burden.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/johncassidy/2013/12/by-george-britains-austerity-experiment-didnt-work.html

Actually employers are forced to lower wages by the laws of supply and demand and it is rather naive to think this is not the case. Every employer will be trying to minimize their costs - if they can pay someone less they will do. If there is little or no competition for the jobs the employer offers because there are lots of similar jobs vacant he cannot lower pay without his workers going to other employers. If there is lots of competition for the jobs because there are lots of people without work he can lower pay because workers will want to hold on to their jobs. In fact in such a case the employer cannot refuse to lower pay because all his competitor will be lowering pay which means their products will be cheaper which will reduce demand for the employers product.

There have been many attempts in human history to try and thwart or avoid the laws of supply and demand and few if any have been successful for any length of time. The brutal fact is that while there are people prepared to work for less their will be employers eager to pay them less.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:03 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:I think a lot of it is the attitude you take. I was at a store a few years ago when a guy who came from Southeast Asia somewhere came up with a bottle of soap he couldn't read the label on. He pantomimed washing his hair with it, then under his arms. I took a look at the bottle and pantomimed washing under my arms, he smiled and nodded.

Absolutely, I think it shames Britain that we have people who think like some. As a nation, we were very happy to go and take over other countries and make sure a lot of their riches came to us. Now, because we have some here, it's holds hands up in horror time, and how dare they try to change our way of life, as if 'our way of life' was sacrosanct, unable to adapt and must be hidden away from stranger for fear of contamination. I've lived all over the world, and be buggered if I am going to be as small minded and terrified of others as it appears some of my countrymen and woman are. Their xenophobia shames and demeans us. They use our resources they scream, when it has been shown they put in more than they take, which is more than we did when we took from their countries.

What does it matter if someone when they come has trouble with the language? It's a mindset, a smile and the sort of situation you talked about Ben, will soon sort it out. Bugger the bigots, get rid of them!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:56 pm

Shady wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Sassy it's a bit weird how you interpret every post aimed at either me or BA as a put down.

Are you having one of your turns again? Come on girl let's keep it together & try not to tun this site into your previous failure.

lol you noticed it too.

She did it on SF.

Even Ben has tried it on here.

Quite embarrassing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:57 pm

Shady wrote:
Sassy wrote:

lol you noticed it too.

She did it on SF.

Even Ben has tried it on here.

Quite embarrassing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:35 pm

tee hee, that made me chuckle.. I'm sorry but, if some one came up to me with shampoo bottle in hand and did the "monkey dance". I'd offer him a banana and walk off.
That said, having worked abroad a lot I speak german, french, a little dutch, a smattering of spanish (enough to be polite) and a bit of greek (though cyrillic written greek i find a pain in the bum to bothn read and write)...NOW if i was to emigrate I would at least learn the basics of the host language BEFORE i went, and I can guarantee you that within a month or two at most of arriving I would be sufficiently well versed in the spoken language at least to be independant entirely.

These immigrants who arrive here unable to cope, and who STILL cant cope months down the line are a joke. They must have known for a least a few months that they were going to come here...why dont they come prepared???? This is one aspect of the "immigrant problem" that really boils my p*ss. Sheer idleness, knowing full well we are daft enough to provide translation services for everything for them.

this from the guy who is at present trying (and I say trying advisedly) to learn welsh, as we spend a lot of our holidays in gods own country.

(welsh, that language that pretends vowels are not, uses as few as possible, doubles up consonants and then pronounces them something entirely unrelated, turns the rules of grammar on their heads, and has more mutations than bugs in a bio lab Laughing ...music to my ears and a challenge worthy of my attention)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:09 am

sphinx wrote:
PhilDidge wrote:

I think just blaming the DM and its ilk for fear tactics and scare tactics is disingenuous.  

For too long too much of the media tried publishing reasoned balanced concerns that were being raised by their readership (the relationship between what a media source publishes and what its customers believe is far from a simple one way process)  and were slammed for doing so being accused of racism and bigotry for the simplest investigation.  As a result they felt unheard and ignored and did what most humans do when feeling unheard and ignored they got louder and more extreme.  Now it is finally being admitted that their original concerns had some validity they are staying loud and extreme because they fear if they get quieter and more reasonable again they will be ignored.

Combine this with the fact that ordinary people (both those that read the DM and those that dont) are getting more concerned and you get the situation where the extremes are less challenged.

No it is correct to blame those news media's that play off the fact of trying to incite anger based upon poor reporting of which the Mail has a history of doing, that is not disingenuous but a fact, the mail is nothing more than a gutter rag that tries to fuel anger and hate with the bullshit it posts. There is nothing balanced about the Mail sphinx that is utter bullshit and they play off the back of fear which only seeks to segregate society and even leads to hate on the streets between groups of people, that is neither intelligent and in fact is dangerous.
I suggest you read the comment sections at the bottom of articles to see my point is well proven on this matter.
They twist stories to make something which was not the case and give countless examples of this, which is why they are such a poor paper to say the least and how people defend them is nothing but short sighted and blind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next