NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doubting astrology

5 posters

Go down

Doubting astrology Empty Doubting astrology

Post by Eilzel Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:26 am

In response to hearing about my star sign from eddie:

"Some of that sounds right; some of it not at all. If you fire enough shots of course some will hit the mark Wink

On not everyone being born in the same year being alike- doesn't that also work on the same month?

I have friends and family who are Leo's and are very different to me.

Of course I am absolutely creative and love taking holidays and I am very stubborn; on the other hand I'm not keen on bright colours and I'm not really that generous Wink "

To add, with three zodiacs I know about and probably many others I haven't, I see no reason to believe anything read into star signs.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Doubting astrology Empty Re: Doubting astrology

Post by eddie Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:34 am

Hey Les, good thread and good idea to start one! Razz

Okay the first thing I have to ask is, do you believe the lumps of rock, we call planets, have any affect on us humans?
Cos that's all astrology is basically about.

I'm not sure how much you "know" or "don't know"

(Also a disclaimer from me: I don't 100% believe in astrology if I'm entirely honest, but after having "studied" people and their personalities for years, and their star signs....I have to say, there's a case for there being something in it...)

Oh and Les, not a cop out btw, but that site I used, I have never seen it before and I only trust one certain astrologer who's very good, so that one I used was a very general one.

Okay I didn't think Leo's are generous with their stuff or money either!! The genoristy they have is that when you have their loyalty, they have your back and are generous with their help.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:38 am

For the record, here's the guy I like

http://www.cainer.com

And the best person for astrogical accuracy (personalities) is Linda Goodman - now dead I'm afraid - but if you could get one of her books, I'd love for you to have a look. (Amazon I think? My copies are battered and old)

As to the "scientific" explanation about astrology - my book from years back, sadly lost, so you and I may have to try and find one on online?

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:42 am

My take on astrology is that its a play on suggestion and more so in the presence of someone when they can pick up tell tell signs on the face of the other person on the suggestive things stated. You can use general statements to use with people you will get some matches, of which then people themselves openly state and make views onto which they fit something themselves. You can make a general view of people based on star signs and you will find people find some aspects that fit them. Again any readings will be done on the suggestibility of the person being read.
This is not to take away anything from those who truly believe it works, or that they realsie any of this suggestion is going on, they may not then realize how they pick up on how people react, so it may just feel to them they are able to read people well.
Its more about body language more than anything else and suggestion

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:03 pm

It's just about where ALL the planets are in the sky the moment you were born.
Someone's "sun sign" ie month they were born, is not the telling factor - it's a general factor.

The exact time you were born and where a certain alignment of planets are the moment you're born, (and the moon - massive factor), is the more telling aspect of your personality stamp.

For example, is it hard to believe that two people, born on the exact same day, in the exact same hour, wouldn't have the same personality traits?

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:05 pm

eddie wrote:It's just about where ALL the planets are in the sky the moment you were born.
Someone's "sun sign" ie month they were born, is not the telling factor - it's a general factor.

The exact time you were born and where a certain alignment of planets are the moment you're born, (and the moon - massive factor), is the more telling aspect of your personality stamp.

For example, is it hard to believe that two people, born on the exact same day, in the exact same hour, wouldn't have the same personality traits?  

Well you can have twins with very different personalities Eddie

Again its up to you what you believe, and I am even open minded on the matter, just not convinced

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:11 pm

Some twins are very different, so yes it is hard to believe. Whether the alignment of Jupiter has any affect on you when you are born I don't know- but that it has the same affect on everyone born when Jupiter is aligned that way seems a stretch.

And aside from that, there is still a monstrous jump from the notion that planets do affect us, to the greater characterisations of people based on those alignments. Just the general blurb you got from the webite is probably only about 50/50 right, I'd say 60/40 at best. And of course others might say otherwise.

I've heard people read the same horoscope and all say it made sense to their life, only to be told it wasn't really theirs at all.

The people who make money on the pretence they have some mystical knowledge of the stars are chancers. Theu will be right sometimes out of lick but I imagine a tonne more factors are 1000x more important in determining stubborness, generosity etc than where is space Saturn was.

And if you agree with that last sentence, doesn't astrology become irrelevant?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:26 pm

It's not just about your sun sign. There's your ascendant and moon sign. The Romans believed a personality was ruled by the moon sign, not the sun sign.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:48 pm

Just as I believe that religion was an out-growth of experience in the family unit, so astrology is an out-growth of experience with science.

One is raised in a family and sees all the wondrous things your parents can do.  You don't know why they are so cool.  But they feed you and they play with you and they protect you.  So you deify them, and later in life the thought stays with you that all that goodness comes from some father figure.

Imagine you live in the Renaissance and you experience all these things that science can do.  Like your parents doings, it is all so cool.  But you don't know why things happen; you don't know the philosophy that led to it all--Galileo and the resolutive-composite method, or the methods of experimentation, and the empirical viewpoint.  So you deify the stars and the moon in the same way you once deified your father.  After all, it all seems to come from that 'telescope' that da Vinci keeps looking through.

Voilà...you've got astrology.  It has no necessary connection that, as Kant would say, gives an a priori cognition to it.  But it's a step away from the simple god-in-heaven formula.  It's a quasi-science.  It's more like a method than simply a bearded old father figure in the sky.  It looks like science.  And as renaissance-man tries to figure out this new experience...he reckons: if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it's probably a duck.

Nostradamus played the same game. And this was the age in which alchemy was popular. Astrology's not alone in this era.

Last edited by Original Quill on Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:02 pm

didge wrote:
eddie wrote:It's just about where ALL the planets are in the sky the moment you were born.

Again its up to you what you believe, and I am even open minded on the matter, just not convinced

Same here. Not entirely convinced by any means (am I ever entirely convinced of anything?) but I do see something in it.

And Twins do have different personalities but fundamentally, I'd think both would say they're very similar.
But not even twins, just two babies born on the same day in the same place at the same time.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:37 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:It's not just about your sun sign.  There's your ascendant and moon sign.  The Romans believed a personality was ruled by the moon sign, not the sun sign.

I couldn't even begin to go there yet lol
And I was trying to get to the ascendant but.....
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:03 am

What about my previous points Eds?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:22 pm

Eilzel wrote:What about my previous points Eds?

Sorry Les I missed them?
Just red your post - can I ask you to ask me one question at a time?

Also, before we go anywhere, do you believe the moon controls the tides and people's moods etc?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:30 pm

I believe it has an affect on tides; but am skeptical on whethet it has any affect on humans since no clear evidence suggests it does.

OK first question. Considering that upbringing, genes, early life experiences and interactions have a major bearing on the development of our personalities; to what extent do you really think the position of Jupiter and Saturn at the time of birth factors in?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:38 pm

Eilzel wrote:I believe it has an affect on tides; but am skeptical on whethet it has any affect on humans since no clear evidence suggests it does.

OK first question. Considering that upbringing, genes, early life experiences and interactions have a major bearing on the development of our personalities; to what extent do you really think the position of Jupiter and Saturn at the time of birth factors in?

Okay the moon controls the rises because they're water - and what are we made up of?
It stands to reason that the moon MUST have an affect on us..!

Yep and yep - even taking that all into consideration Les, people have a "core" personality - you must have seen it? That at the very core of you, is a stamp, and no matter what, you can it change who or what you are (yes you may change your mind and opinions with age or experience) but how you as a person, instinctively reacts to a situation or happenstance, is supposedly determined by your "stamp" which is where the position of the planets come in.

Have you actually read anything at all, that has given you info on this? ie have you ever read the basics of astrology?

Going to find something for you
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:45 pm

That stamp, Eds, is far more likely to be genetic. For example, I see stubborness in my Dad, I see loyalty in my Mum. On the other hand, other Leo's in my year at school
were very different to me, then and now. Why aren't they just like me if we have the same 'stamp'?

On water. The swimming pool at my condo seems pretty much the same regardless of what the moon is up to.

Questions:

Why aren't other Leo's who I know were born in my year more similiar to me if we have the same stamp?

Don't genetics provide a far more convincing reason for that stamp than planets?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:53 pm

Just found this http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/science/planets-may-affect-our-lives-after-all

Bear in mind I am not convinced either - I'm playing devils advocate here!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:59 pm

I cannot comment on other Leo's? (How many do you
Know!!?? - you know loads of people born in the same month as you???)

And how do you know they're not like you?? In what way aren't they like you?
I can tell you - I have three friends who are geminis.

We are all very very similar - even try traits I don't like in them, I see in myself.  

All I can tell you is, for THIRTY YEARS (since the age of 16) I've asked people star signs abd the signs of partners/mums/sisters etc and I'm rarely wrong about what I know.
I have stayed more silent ove the years but I know a cancerian female does not like the logic of a Virgo male and yet they still go for them. I've known friends relationship problems from the very off - and been right so many times! Can tell you the amount of times.

Youre in your 20's and I doubt you ever ask people their star signs.
Bet you though, that most people you,like are certain signs and the ones you don't - well......

Btw I don't read my daily horoscope - that's a different thing entirely to what we are discussing
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:02 pm

That article is very speculative Eds and is openly so. It was very interesting though Smile

Still, it does not back traditional astrology at all. Taks this:

"Each coincides with peaks and troughs in solar activity triggered by the planets, and to events of major historical significance. For example, the bitter winters of the Little Ice Age caused mass starvation and social upheaval in Europe during the 16th and 17th centuries."

That is linking solar positions to ice ages and geographical affects. Not the moods of individuals. The two are not the same and article even implies as much at the end.

Anyway, back to my questions Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:06 pm

I'm 30 but that's not important lol

I know 3 other Leo's born in the same year as me and have known then since school. They aren't all much like me. I know many other Leo's born in differe t years who both alike or not as me.

Point being, it makes no difference if someone is Leo or not as to how similar we are.

So I ask you, what star signs am I compatible with for both friends and partnets- and which am I catagorically not compatible with. I will consider the answer alongside those I am closest to and get on best with. And I'll be honest if they match Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:11 pm

I've answered them ^^^^

I don't think that I'd put all my life savings on the fact astrology is 100% accurate - not even half of them lol, but I think the planets must have an affect on us, surely?  The moon definitely does affect us.

I'm not a scientist so I don't have scientific answers but I'll explain it like this:
How are atmospheres made? I don't mean fog or mist, I mean atmospheres in rooms or in the workplaces etc?
You know how you can literally feel a mood or a vibe?

Sowmtines atmospheres are just there, in the air, in the room, the town, the world.....a mood arises and this is like a ripple.

Do you think planets are just balls of rock without any "magic" to them? (Sorry magic isn't the word I wanted and it's a crap word but can't think of something quickly as I type)

See I find it hard to even begin to think that space, planets, galaxies aren't there "doing something" other than existing
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:16 pm

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27747

Sometimes forums are better
Don't know if that's a good one or not?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:18 pm

eddie wrote:I've answered them ^^^^

I don't think that I'd put all my life savings on the fact astrology is 100% accurate - not even half of them lol, but I think the planets must have an affect on us, surely?  The moon definitely does affect us.

I'm not a scientist so I don't have scientific answers but I'll explain it like this:
How are atmospheres made? I don't mean fog or mist, I mean atmospheres in rooms or in the workplaces etc?
You know how you can literally feel a mood or a vibe?

Do you think planets are just balls of rock without any "magic" to them? (Sorry magic isn't the word I wanted and it's a crap word but can't think of something quickly as I type)

See I find it hard to even begin to think that space, planets, galaxies aren't there "doing something" other than existing

1. There is no scientific basis to use the word definitely in that sentence. I hate to sound boring by invoking science all the time (damn science, with all its requirements of testing and evidence and all that lol). The moon doesn't affect a swimming pool. Just becaue it affects the ocean (a massive part of our planet which can be expected to be affected by a massive natural satellite's gravitational pull) doesn't mean it affects the moods of our tiny water based bodies.

2. I know what you mean. I have a similar 'belief' (because that's all it is) that everything is made of the same cosmic dust (stardust is the term I like). And that ultimately everything lives and dies and flows back into that universal cycle. It is the not connected to astrology however.

Anyway, getting back to my last question:

I ask you, what star signs am I compatible with for both friends and partnets- and which am I catagorically not compatible with. I will consider the answer alongside those I am closest to and get on best with. And I'll be honest if they match Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:33 pm

Eilzel wrote:I'm 30 but that's not important lol

I know 3 other Leo's born in the same year as me and have known then since school. They aren't all much like me. I know many other Leo's born in differe t years who both alike or not as me.

Point being, it makes no difference if someone is Leo or not as to how similar we are.

So I ask you, what star signs am I compatible with for both friends and partnets- and which am I catagorically not compatible with. I will consider the answer alongside those I am closest to and get on best with. And I'll be honest if they match Wink

I wouldn't think you'd lie Les X

And because we are only talking sun signs (the month you're born) it's really not the only or best indicator becaeue the time you're born is very important and also the moons position.....but on the surface:

Other fire signs - Sagittarius, Aries and possibly other Leo's
Also Taurus and Gemini and Aquarius (aquaruius are your "opposite" sign so hit and miss at times with these people)

The sun signs are divided into elements: fire Earth air and water

You're a fire sign, so other fire signs will be compatible (Sagittarius and Leo and Aries) but what's fire without air to fan the flames? Hence you'll like being around air signs (Gemini libra and Aquarius)  as they will stimulate you and fan the flames (fire needs air) Air signs are quick and clever and you'll often like chatting to these people
Water will eventually put your flames out (cancer Pisces and Scorpio) but you can be attracted to these people - but it takes work - you like the depth of their emotions but they can make you feel "foggy" (fire and water makes steam...?')

Earth contains you - they make you feel stable and where you'll go for practical help (Taurus Capricorn and Virgo)
Leo's are quite often attracted to Taurus - I know a lot of happy Leo / Taurus couples tbh

That's only the surface of how astrology works!!! It's like a photo - yes a photo tells us what a person looks like basically - brown hair, blue eyes, wide smile, freckles....but doenst tell us what that face will look like when it's moving or in the direct sunlight or in darkness.....see what I mean?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:42 pm

Oh and a little secret about Leo's.....

They are considered very "strong" people (Leo the lion) but every Leo thinks they're weak. It's their own secret that they try to hide well - so they do overcompensate by "acting strong" (mean metaphorically not lifting cars off babies)
They're always scared of their "strength" (situation depending on each individual) being tested.

But they always come up trumps.

Just so you know X
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:45 pm

Just for you: http://www.lipstickmystic.com/secrets-about-leo/

Read it - you may recognise this in yourself and if you really start to look, you may see it in your Leo friends

Then please read this and it might explain me a bit lol (skip her waffle - it's the "living in two dimensions" thing - really really me! : http://www.lipstickmystic.com/sun-sign-gemini-profile/
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:50 pm

eddie wrote:

And because we are only talking sun signs (the month you're born) it's really not the only or best indicator becaeue the time you're born is very important and also the moons position.....but on the surface:

Also Taurus and Gemini and Aquarius (aquaruius are your "opposite" sign so hit and miss at times with these people)

You're a fire sign, so other fire signs will be compatible (Sagittarius and Leo and Aries) but what's fire without air to fan the flames? Hence you'll like being around air signs (Gemini libra and Aquarius)  as they will stimulate you and fan the flames (fire needs air) Air signs are quick and clever and you'll often like chatting to these people
Water will eventually put your flames out (cancer Pisces and Scorpio) but you can be attracted to these people - but it takes work - you like the depth of their emotions but they can make you feel "foggy" (fire and water makes steam...?')

Earth contains you - they make you feel stable and where you'll go for practical help (Taurus Capricorn and Virgo)
Leo's are quite often attracted to Taurus - I know a lot of happy Leo / Taurus couples tbh

That's only the surface of how astrology works!!! It's like a photo - yes a photo tells us what a person looks like basically - brown hair, blue eyes, wide smile, freckles....but doenst tell us what that face will look like when it's moving or in the direct sunlight or in darkness.....see what I mean?

Well my boyfriend is a Cancerian. My fire still burns brightly though Cool

My best friends are Virgo, Gemini, Capricorn and Scorpio (had to check those lol).

The Scorpio definitely doesn't put out the water. We have the best discussions and heated arguments.
The Virgo and Capricorn I adore and are unquestionably the two best friends on this list. Not sure if they makes me feel stable, but we are so alike it is uncanny. They should be Leos right? Or maybe I should be a Virgo lol
The Gemini is pretty spot on to be fair, 1 in 4 Smile

But again I must say, it is far more likely imo that other factors led to us all being 'right' for each other.

I must ask again, do you think planetary alignments are stronger than family genetics in forming our 'stamps'?
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:52 pm

eddie wrote:Oh and a little secret about Leo's.....

They are considered very "strong" people (Leo the lion) but every Leo thinks they're weak. It's their own secret that they try to hide well - so they do overcompensate by "acting strong" (mean metaphorically not lifting cars off babies)
They're always scared of their "strength" (situation depending on each individual) being tested.

Just so you know X

I love it when astrology throws up a character desscription no one would feel inclined to disagree with lol!

Serioualy though, I find myself agreeing with the above, but then I think if I offered that to most people they'd say it describes them too. In fact, I'm going to try and experiment this week and offer this to a few different people who are not Leo and see what they say Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:00 pm

eddie wrote:Just for you: http://www.lipstickmystic.com/secrets-about-leo/

Read it - you may recognise this in yourself and if you really start to look, you may see it in your Leo friends

Then please read this and it might explain me a bit lol (skip her waffle - it's the "living in two dimensions" thing - really really me! : http://www.lipstickmystic.com/sun-sign-gemini-profile/

Again, as with the original explanation of Leos, there was some that fit and some that didn't. And some that matched Leos I know, and some that didn't. I just think these things are broad enough to get some of it right. I got lost on the who ascendent and rising Leo stuff. That's a whole other ball park.

Before I get deeper I need at least some reasonable evidence of astrology correctly predicting anything or that the moon has any real affect on peoples' moods.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:31 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:Capricorn: arrogant and think they know it all and better than you. And will never admit they're wrong.

Don't pull yourself down. I'm sure you've got some good points too.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:33 pm

Eilzel wrote:That stamp, Eds, is far more likely to be genetic. For example, I see stubborness in my Dad, I see loyalty in my Mum. On the other hand, other Leo's in my year at school
were very different to me, then and now. Why aren't they just like me if we have the same 'stamp'?

On water. The swimming pool at my condo seems pretty much the same regardless of what the moon is up to.

Questions:

Why aren't other Leo's who I know were born in my year more similiar to me if we have the same stamp?

Don't genetics provide a far more convincing reason for that stamp than planets?

I was married to a Leo. Loved being the centre of attention. Strong willed. Competitive. Gregarious. Loved nothing more than being adored.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:35 pm

Eilzel wrote:

Again, as with the original explanation of Leos, there was some that fit and some that didn't. And some that matched Leos I know, and some that didn't. I just think these things are broad enough to get some of it right. I got lost on the who ascendent and rising Leo stuff. That's a whole other ball park.

Before I get deeper I need at least some reasonable evidence of astrology correctly predicting anything or that the moon has any real affect on peoples' moods.

I was married to a copper (the Leo). Trouble always kicked off more when it was a full moon. You can set your lunar calender by Didge!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:36 pm

I had a Leo friend. She was a pain in the fucking arse.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:37 pm

Air signs nearly always get on well with Fire signs. Libra.

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:39 pm

eddie wrote:
didge wrote:

Same here. Not entirely convinced by any means (am I ever entirely convinced of anything?) but I do see something in it.

And Twins do have different personalities but fundamentally, I'd think both would say they're very similar.
But not even twins, just two babies born on the same day in the same place at the same time.

I haven't met a Gemini yet who wasn't emotional high maintenance. Yap yap yap and a memory like a frigging elephant.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:42 pm

eddie wrote:
Eilzel wrote:I believe it has an affect on tides; but am skeptical on whethet it has any affect on humans since no clear evidence suggests it does.

Okay the moon controls the rises because they're water - and what are we made up of?
It stands to reason that the moon MUST have an affect on us..!

Yep and yep - even taking that all into consideration Les, people have a "core" personality - you must have seen it? That at the very core of you, is a stamp, and no matter what, you can it change who or what you are (yes you may change your mind and opinions with age or experience) but how you as a person, instinctively reacts to a situation or happenstance, is supposedly determined by your "stamp" which is where the position of the planets come in.

Have you actually read anything at all, that has given you info on this? ie have you ever read the basics of astrology?

Going to find something for you

The gravitational pull of the moon makes our oceans bulge, and that affects the tides. Does it affect us? I'm sure my arse is fatter on one side during a full moon tongue
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:43 pm

I'm strong willed and competitive, but not gregarious much and hate being centre of attention. Doesn't everyone love being adored?

Maybe people see what they want when they lean toward believing astrology.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:43 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:

I haven't met a Gemini yet who wasn't emotional high maintenance.  Yap yap yap and a memory like a frigging elephant.

One of my brothers is a Gemini and is so laid back, he is verging on being horizontal. Out of friends I can only think of one who is very highly strung

I guess its either who we are lucky enough or unlucky enough to meet and know.
Again nobody is born with traits of those we fundamentally learn as we grow up.
High Maintenance is something people become over time, hence why the earliest years are fundamentally important with learning, as of the influence it has on toddlers

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:50 pm

didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I haven't met a Gemini yet who wasn't emotional high maintenance.  Yap yap yap and a memory like a frigging elephant.

One of my brothers is a Gemini and is so laid back, he is verging on being horizontal. Out of friends I can only think of one who is very highly strung

I guess its either who we are lucky enough or unlucky enough to meet and know.
Again nobody is born with traits of those we fundamentally learn as we grow up.
High Maintenance is something people become over time, hence why the earliest years are fundamentally important with learning, as of the influence it has on toddlers

Probably has their moon in Libra. I'm a Libran but my moon is in Scorpio.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:51 pm

Eilzel wrote:I'm strong willed and competitive, but not gregarious much and hate being centre of attention. Doesn't everyone love being adored?

I like being loved, but not adored.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:40 pm

Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:

Well my boyfriend is a Cancerian. My fire still burns brightly though Cool

My best friends are Virgo, Gemini, Capricorn and Scorpio (had to check those lol).

The Scorpio definitely doesn't put out the water. We have the best discussions and heated arguments.
The Virgo and Capricorn I adore and are unquestionably the two best friends on this list. Not sure if they makes me feel stable, but we are so alike it is uncanny. They should be Leos right? Or maybe I should be a Virgo lol
The Gemini is pretty spot on to be fair, 1 in 4 Smile

But again I must say, it is far more likely imo that other factors led to us all being 'right' for each other.

I must ask again, do you think planetary alignments are stronger than family genetics in forming our 'stamps'?

In answer to your question - I don't know Les. I'm not really like my mum in any way whatsoever and my dad I was like him a little bit?

And like I said, those people are your best matches on the surface as I did say you need to look at ascendant signs (time of birth) and where the moon is in all your charts

Perhaps they all have a very similar chart in other ways? Who knows?

And Les? You've been together with your partner about five years, that's not that long for a relationship, tbh (and you know I am fond of you guys) but.....
I've had shoes longer than that!

Not knocking anything, but come back in another 12 years or so, when you have had lots of major life obstacles and some rot has set in lol!

Last edited by eddie on Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:43 pm

Eilzel wrote:
eddie wrote:Oh and a little secret about Leo's.....

Just so you know X

I love it when astrology throws up a character desscription no one would feel inclined to disagree with lol!

Serioualy though, I find myself agreeing with the above, but then I think if I offered that to most people they'd say it describes them too. In fact, I'm going to try and experiment this week and offer this to a few different people who are not Leo and see what they say Wink

I totally don't fit that in any way whatsoever.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:09 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Eilzel wrote:I'm strong willed and competitive, but not gregarious much and hate being centre of attention. Doesn't everyone love being adored?

I like being loved, but not adored.

Same. Don't smother me lol
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:26 pm

Linda Goodman.

She was the best astrologer going, check out Leo here, and you should be able to read cancer too.
She does relationships but  it's Leo man/cancer woman or Leo/woman/ cancer man - not very helpful if you're both the same sex pfffffff
But read both and only read the male parts if you can find the relationship one online? Linda Goodman
If nothing else she is very poetic

http://sunsignsbylindagoodman.blogspot.co.uk/2009/09/leo-lion-july-24th-through-august-23rd.html

Found it! Scroll down to page 22 to find where you need to go
Read it aloud to your partner - like I said, it's nothing if not poetic

http://www.my-ab.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Linda-Goodman-Love-Signs.pdf
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:50 am

Its poetic for appeal. The only thing right about our relationship is maybe the bit on money. He absolutely didn't danage my confidence, in fact he has been pretty important in giving me confidence to do things I really didn't think I could. She was wrong for the most part.

I also checked out my parents match- Virgo and Aquarius, also a bit off the mark,

By the way, doubting a relationship can last based on planets is nonsensical isn't it? Complimentary personalities, enduring affection, attraction, shared experiences... Again by casting importance to planetary alignments you undermine the major factors which surely have a far greater weight in determining whether or not a relationship works out.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:14 am

Oh gawd! I'd never base a relationship on star signs!! lol!

And I did say that it always depends on other factors

I like the Alice in Wonderland quotes at the beginning of each one. They're really nice X
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:17 am

Ps I have known a few Virgo/Aquarius too - tbh Aquarius can get on with most people, they're very interested in people!!

Some signs just have to work a little harder to understand each other, that's all, whilst others hardly have to.

Like I said, I'm not a believer in anything 100% anyway but I have seen enough via astrology that makes me want to always keep looking.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:42 pm

Linda Goodman was excellent on love relationships.  Try her book, Love Signs (1978).

She was the New York Times astrologer.  But she died over 20-years ago.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down