NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a weekend of sport that was.

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

What a weekend of sport that was. Empty What a weekend of sport that was.

Post by Irn Bru Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:56 pm

Go on Leicester City - you can do it and two class goals from Jamie Vardy took them a step closer.

And Danny Willetts US Masters win was just awsome pulling back a 5 stroke lead as Jordan Spieth crumbled on the final holes.

And Anthony Joshua putting reigning champion Martin on the deck twice to win the IBF world title showed the guy is a class champion.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

What a weekend of sport that was. Empty Re: What a weekend of sport that was.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:02 am

OH was jumping up and down over Leicester City - and he does't even support them normally.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:20 am

sassy wrote:OH was jumping up and down over Leicester City - and he does't even support them normally.

I would think that everyone but Spurs fand would be. It's an amazing story.

Hardest part is though getting over the line and they're not there just yet.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:27 am

Irn Bru wrote:Go on Leicester City - you can do it and two class goals from Jamie Vardy took them a step closer.

And Danny Willetts US Masters win was just awsome pulling back a 5 stroke lead as Jordan Spieth  crumbled on the final holes.

And Anthony Joshua putting reigning champion Martin on the deck twice to win the IBF world title showed the guy is a class champion.

I was beginning to think that there weren't 'ANY GOLFER' fans on here...that was some tournament --- WOW.  3 holes-in-one on the same day - same hole - same tournament!!! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:32 am

4EVER2 wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:Go on Leicester City - you can do it and two class goals from Jamie Vardy took them a step closer.

And Danny Willetts US Masters win was just awsome pulling back a 5 stroke lead as Jordan Spieth  crumbled on the final holes.

I was beginning to think that there weren't 'ANY GOLFER' fans on here...that was some tournament --- WOW.  3 holes-in-one on the same day - same hole - same tournament!!! cheers

I know, that was amazing. Did you see that shot were one of the shots hit the other player's balland knocked it to side and his rolled into the hole. Never seen anything like that before.

Was that one of the aces? Can't remember.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:36 am

What an amazing young man and he's had one AMAZING couple of weeks too.
What a weekend of sport that was. Danny-Willett--Masters-green-jacket-jpg
While Danny was taking advantage of Jordan Spieth's monumental meltdown to win the Masters, school teacher Peter Willett was creating his own social media buzz, commentating on his brother's final round with a torrent of funny and touching tweets.
Golfer Willett described his 12-day ride as "crazy" -- his wife Nicole gave birth to their first child Zachariah last Tuesday and he won his first major title.
Peter, meanwhile, was doing what older brothers do best -- looking out for their younger siblings and in the process becoming one of the top trends worldwide on Twitter.
"Green makes you look fat, refuse the jacket," quipped Peter on Twitter, with another tweet reading: "Speechless. I once punched that kid in the head for hurting my pet rat. Now look."
It wasn't long before Peter was tweeting his own claim to fame: "I will be able to say I've shared a bath with a Masters winner."
http://www.wmtw.com/sports/brotherly-love-helps-willett-win-masters/38965080 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:38 am

Irn Bru wrote:
4EVER2 wrote:

I know, that was amazing. Did you see that shot were one of the shots hit the other player's ball and knocked it to side and his rolled into the hole. Never seen anything like that before.

Was that one of the aces? Can't remember.
Yes, indeed it was --- reminded me of a billiards game or shuttle board...never heard of that happening in a GOLF match!  What a weekend of sport that was. 2108625937

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:51 am

The 2016 Open Championship will be the 145th Open Championship, held 14–17 July 2016 at Royal Troon Golf Club in Ayrshire, Scotland. It will be the 9th Open Championship played at Royal Troon here in Scotland.

Can't wait - great course.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:59 am

Irn Bru wrote:The 2016 Open Championship will be the 145th Open Championship, held 14–17 July 2016 at Royal Troon Golf Club in Ayrshire, Scotland. It will be the 9th Open Championship played at Royal Troon here in Scotland.

Say...do you live close to or know where Ole Chump - Trump is building that huge golf complex & hotel?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:06 am

4EVER2 wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:The 2016 Open Championship will be the 145th Open Championship, held 14–17 July 2016 at Royal Troon Golf Club in Ayrshire, Scotland. It will be the 9th Open Championship played at Royal Troon here in Scotland.

Say...do you live close to or know where Ole Chump - Trump is building that huge golf complex & hotel?

Laughing It's in the North of Scotland but the Scottish government have dumped him as a n ambassador for Scotland.

Nicola Sturgeon strips Donald Trump of Scottish ambassador role

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nicola-sturgeon-strips-donald-trump-of-scottish-ambassador-role-a6766786.html
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down