NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video Exposes Anti-Israel Indoctrination Happening in American High Schools

Go down

Video Exposes Anti-Israel Indoctrination Happening in American High Schools Empty Video Exposes Anti-Israel Indoctrination Happening in American High Schools

Post by Guest Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:27 am

Video has been released by Americans for Peace and Tolerance (APT) that exposes an alarming new trend of anti-Israel indoctrination happening in American high schools and middle schools.  The pattern of bias and bigotry against Jews and Israel is most noted at Newton South High School, found in an affluent suburb west of Boston. Concerned parents there are meeting resistance from school officials that defend the curriculum which APT has discovered comes from very suspect sources.

A statement accompanies the film's release, detailing its many findings:

• Newton's high schools have used Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) maps that falsify the history of the Arab-Israeli conflict. Newton students were not told that the maps were created by the PLO's propaganda unit.

• Newton's schools presented students with a falsified version of the Hamas Charter. In Newton's doctored version the word "Jews" – as a target of hatred -- is replaced with the word "Zionists."

• In one lesson, Newton students are asked to consider the Jewish state's right to exist. (The legitimacy of no other nation-state's existence is questioned.) The lesson included "expert" opinions, which are drawn overwhelmingly from anti-Israel academics and anti-Semitic activists. 

• A book used in Newton high schools has a recommended reading list that includes the extremist writings by Muslim Brotherhood leaders including Sayyid Qutb, and Yusuf Qaradawi, whose sermons call for the murder of Jews and homosexuals.

• Newton schools officials are shown to continuously refuse to make school curricula and teaching materials available to the Newton residents.  

APT President Charles Jacobs said:
The video also shows that Saudi, Palestinian, and other Arab-funded teaching materials have been inserted into the curriculum, much of it containing anti-Israel bias.

Newton's mission statement includes the promise of "celebrat[ing] the dignity of all people." Yet, it's clear from the 20-minute film that that's not the case when it comes to Jews. Once the school used a Saudi-funded Arab World Studies Notebook which described Palestinian women being murdered by Israeli soldiers. Newton's school superintendent praised the text as helping to develop students' "critical thinking skills." Public pressure finally forced the school's hand in removing the material from its curriculum, according to the statement. However, the damage was done. Instead of critical thinking and turning to discussion about difficult topics, the students resorted to painting swastikas and scrawling "Burn the Jews" around campus, even at a nearby middle school. What's worse, Newton school officials failed to report any of these incidents to authorities as required. Newton still has trouble in this area as they continue to shield the public from learning what materials are being taught to children. This documentary is hoping to bring awareness and action from the public to demand better from the district.

Watch below:

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/video-exposes-anti-israel-indoctrination-happening-american-high-schools

The worst abuse of history and the manipulation of children by doing so.
History should be taught from a neutral starting point.
If you teach it through a motivated political course that is going to create conflict and hate, and not have anything challenging the misinformation taught in the politicized history book.
You are failing one of the main principles of teachings, and instead of teaching children. This now becomes indoctrinating children by teaching a one sided biased view.

Back to top Go down

Video Exposes Anti-Israel Indoctrination Happening in American High Schools Empty Re: Video Exposes Anti-Israel Indoctrination Happening in American High Schools

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:39 pm

The article doesn't provide any of the materials for us to judge for ourselves.  As I've said before, adjectives are not arguments.  The clip has a lot of adjectives and we are suppose to condemn any association with Muslims.  I think that's wrong.

Frankly, I am pleased that the City of Newton is providing educational materials from diverse sources. It broadens the education of the students.  I don't see a link between the Newton teachers and any nefarious groups.  I see this as an issue of academic freedom, where scholars should have freedom to teach or communicate ideas or facts (including those that are inconvenient to external political groups or to authorities) without being targeted for repression, job loss, or imprisonment.

The Newton community is in the shadows of Harvard University, one of the three best higher education institutions in the US (Berkeley and Stanford are the others).  No doubt this curriculum has been developed and overseen by the finest minds in America...they dare to push the envelope, and the world is better for it.  I'm proud of them.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Video Exposes Anti-Israel Indoctrination Happening in American High Schools Empty Re: Video Exposes Anti-Israel Indoctrination Happening in American High Schools

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:40 am

Original Quill wrote:The article doesn't provide any of the materials for us to judge for ourselves.  As I've said before, adjectives are not arguments.  The clip has a lot of adjectives and we are suppose to condemn any association with Muslims.  I think that's wrong.

Frankly, I am pleased that the City of Newton is providing educational materials from diverse sources.  It broadens the education of the students.  I don't see a link between the Newton teachers and any nefarious groups.  I see this as an issue of academic freedom, where scholars should have freedom to teach or communicate ideas or facts (including those that are inconvenient to external political groups or to authorities) without being targeted for repression, job loss, or imprisonment.

The Newton community is in the shadows of Harvard University, one of the three best higher education institutions in the US (Berkeley and Stanford are the others).  No doubt this curriculum has been developed and overseen by the finest minds in America...they dare to push the envelope, and the world is better for it.  I'm proud of them.

Yes it does, it offers up history books, that have false information residing in them.
The very fact this led to antisemitism at the school shows how not only did you not watch the video, but again you downplay antisemitism.
They have actually since removed the book from the curriculum
So sadly again I see you defend pseudo history, which has nothing to counter the views, but to be taught as if it is fact.
That fails every single teaching discipline.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:00 pm

I don't see any false information.

The video was very sophomoric. It had a lot of adjectives and absolutely no facts. None! Which was surprising because usually these slick, polemical pieces at least try for the appearance of reality.

As you know, adjectives are not facts. They are used do dupe the uncritical among us. One has to ask, why do they put out this trash?

The answer is quite simple, especially given the similarity to what is being said by American Republicans like Donald Trump and Ted Cruz. Ultimately this piece is produced by, or with the backing of the Israeli state. The Conservative Netanyahu has reduced the politics of that once noble country to the level of Republicans and Tories: liars and flim-flam artists. The lies that Israel engaged in about the two-state solution set the tone and announced that deception was the order of the day. Now, surprise, we see the very deception predicted.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:05 pm

Original Quill wrote:I don't see any false information.

The video was very sophomoric.   It had a lot of adjectives and absolutely no facts.  None!  Which was surprising because usually these slick, polemical pieces at least try for the appearance of reality.

As you know, adjectives are not facts.  They are used do dupe the uncritical among us.  One has to ask, why do they put out this trash?

The answer is quite simple, especially given the similarity to what is being said by American Republicans like Donald Trump and Ted Cruz.  Ultimately this piece is produced by, or with the backing of the Israeli state.  The Conservative Netanyahu has reduced the politics of that once noble country to the level of Republicans and Tories: liars and flim-flam artists.  The lies that Israel engaged in about the two-state solution set the tone and announced that deception was the order of the day.  Now, surprise, we see the very deception predicted.

So the school removed it then for no reason based on the complaints?

The answer is quite simple Quill, stop talking nonsense

A book that does not have balance or taught with differing views is failing at teaching, being biased based on a political stance, rendering that school failing again at being impartial at teaching

After two posts you clearly are ignoring all the people involved and the lenghs gone to over this book where even more so the book was withdrawn.

End of discussion which will happen everytime you constantly ignore blatant facts

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:27 pm

Nothing there, didge. Give it up.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:Nothing there, didge.  Give it up.

You are right you had nothing there

Just more signs of regressiveness

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down