NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-FGM campaigner targeted on a bus by Muslim woman

+2
eddie
HoratioTarr
6 posters

Go down

Anti-FGM campaigner targeted on a bus by Muslim woman  Empty Anti-FGM campaigner targeted on a bus by Muslim woman

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:07 pm

A female genital mutilation survivor has spoken out about being attacked on a London bus by a woman whose child she had told that FGM was a form of abuse.

Hibo Wardere, 46, fled Somalia’s civil war when she was 18, 12 years after suffering FGM - the brutal and potentially lethal practice which occurs in the UK every 96 minutes.

The mother-of-four now visits schools educating children about the barbaric tradition, which angered her attacker who seized the opportunity to confront her after spotting Ms Wardere on the bus. 

'A woman with a full niqab recognised me and ran at me screaming my name and snarling, "You came to my child’s school, you told her FGM was abuse.  I could only see her eyes but they were full of rage. She was so angry she had to be dragged off the bus, but I was jumping for joy inside because that meant a child had confronted their parent.' 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3522683/Anti-FGM-campaigner-targeted-bus-Muslim-woman-furious-told-children-female-circumcision-abuse.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Anti-FGM campaigner targeted on a bus by Muslim woman  Empty Re: Anti-FGM campaigner targeted on a bus by Muslim woman

Post by eddie Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:19 pm

I bet her child still has it done to her though.

FGM is a really nasty topic and one of those that I can never, ever, see the "other side" to.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Anti-FGM campaigner targeted on a bus by Muslim woman  Empty Re: Anti-FGM campaigner targeted on a bus by Muslim woman

Post by Miffs2 Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:25 pm

Barbaric backward bitch
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:41 pm

and heres one good reason why that niqab tent thingy should be banned

Imagine if she had have stabbed the writer

and threatened others,,,she could be long gone and NO ID
what chance would law enforcement have...none...
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:38 pm

eddie wrote:I bet her child still has it done to her though.

FGM is a really nasty topic and one of those that I can never, ever, see the "other side" to.

This woman thinks it's normal though.  To her,  it's something she associates with honour and being chaste.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:23 am

eddie wrote:I bet her child still has it done to her though.

Cause there is no 2 sides to cutting up a child’s genitals for non-medical reasons
all forms of circumcision should be banned and treated the same
it is Child abuse pure and simple
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:29 am

Lord Foul wrote:and heres one good reason why that niqab tent thingy should be banned

?

Wow and not a word from  the hysterical lefty brigade when you speak sense

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:29 am

Guest wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:and heres one good reason why that niqab tent thingy should be banned

?

+1

FGM comes from the same place as the wearing of the burqa and niqab.   It's about feminine subjugation, control, psychological manipulation,  and medieval religious beliefs and dogma.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:32 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Guest wrote:

?

+1

FGM comes from the same place as the wearing of the burqa and niqab.   It's about feminine subjugation, control, psychological manipulation,  and medieval religious beliefs and dogma.

No it doesn't.  FGM originated in Africa and the biggest practitioners of it are African, including African Christians.  I have been a member of Women for Women fighting it for years.   It is also done mostly by women on women, who will not be convinced that it is not necessary.  Education is making it less prevalent, but there have been many case of fathers fighting to stop it and mothers taking the child to a a 'cutter'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:34 am

So this woman openly declared her support for FGM? In that case, why don't social services get involved and make sure she doesn't take her daughter off somewhere to get it done?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:35 am

They certainly should do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:42 am

sassy wrote:They certainly should do that.

Yes! What more evidence do they need of a child being at risk of abuse?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:51 am

sassy wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

No it doesn't.  FGM originated in Africa and the biggest practitioners of it are African, including African Christians.  I have been a member of Women for Women fighting it for years.   It is also done mostly by women on women, who will not be convinced that it is not necessary.  Education is making it less prevalent, but there have been many case of fathers fighting to stop it and mothers taking the child to a a 'cutter'.

It's not about where it originated but why.  And I didn't say no other religions practised it.  The fact is, nobody really know where it originated but what is clear is why.   To control a woman's sexuality.   Put in place by men.   And for me, that's on a par with controlling what a woman wears.  It's coming from the same place.   The term 'infibulation' has its roots in ancient Rome where female slaves had fibulae piercing their labia to stop them from having sex. Others place origins in Egypt...which is now being hailed as incorrect.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:52 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:They certainly should do that.

It's a hideous practice.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:55 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's a hideous practice.

Yes, and illegal here. I know there's a move to try and stop people taking their daughters out of the country to have it done, and here's an ideal opportunity to stop another one.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down