NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eatery Puts Fridge On Street, So Patrons Can Leave Leftovers For Those In Need

3 posters

Go down

Eatery Puts Fridge On Street, So Patrons Can Leave Leftovers For Those In Need Empty Eatery Puts Fridge On Street, So Patrons Can Leave Leftovers For Those In Need

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:44 pm

Eatery Puts Fridge On Street, So Patrons Can Leave Leftovers For Those In Need 56fae7241e00008e017119a6

One restaurant in India is bagging the idea of a traditional doggy bag.
Instead Pappadavada, a popular restaurant in Kochi, is urging customers and the community to put their leftover food in a refrigerator located outside of the eatery for the hungry to take. People who are in need of a meal are encouraged to take from the fridge at any time, for any reason. No questions asked. Minu Pauline, who runs Pappadavada, has nicknamed the fridge, which was placed there on March 23 and is shaded by a neighboring tree, “nanma maram” or “tree of goodness.”  The fridge is open 24-hours a day, seven days a week and stays unlocked. Pauline asks that people write the date they left the food on whatever its wrapped in, so those who take know how long it’s been there. 
But most food doesn’t stay in the fridge for long. Pauline told The Huffington Post that despite a huge response from the community and ample donations, the fridge needs to be restocked regularly. Pauline herself adds around 75 to 80 portions of food from Pappadavada a day in the fridge.

“There’s days when I put 100 in there,” she said. “There are no limits.”

Eatery Puts Fridge On Street, So Patrons Can Leave Leftovers For Those In Need 56fae7ec1e00008e017119aa

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/restaurant-makes-street-fridge-for-leftovers-to-feed-needy_us_56facba3e4b0a372181b2981?4ewf3xi9tjjzfflxr%20&utm_hp_ref=good-news

Back to top Go down

Eatery Puts Fridge On Street, So Patrons Can Leave Leftovers For Those In Need Empty Re: Eatery Puts Fridge On Street, So Patrons Can Leave Leftovers For Those In Need

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:51 pm

How do they know it's taken by needy people?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Eatery Puts Fridge On Street, So Patrons Can Leave Leftovers For Those In Need Empty Re: Eatery Puts Fridge On Street, So Patrons Can Leave Leftovers For Those In Need

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:59 pm

On good faith.

Which I do not need to explain what having that is to you do I rags and not having a go either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:02 pm

It's OK. The last sentence didn't really make sense anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:24 pm

It's a fantastic idea. Love it.
I hope only those in need do take it though.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:34 pm

I would imagine its ok Eddie, in their society it would be considered shameful to take something meant for the poor...

only in the uk with its tories who think that the poor and disabled provision is their pot to punder...and that taking from the needy to give to the already obscenely boated rich is a good thing

I mean over here they would wait till the fridge was filled then confiscate it on some pretext....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:46 pm

Hahahaha you're so cynical.
But alas, probably right.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:52 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I would imagine its ok Eddie, in their society it would be considered shameful to take something meant for the poor...

only in the uk with  its tories who think that the poor and disabled provision is their pot to punder...and that taking from the needy to give to the already obscenely boated rich is a good thing

I mean over here they would wait till the fridge was filled then confiscate it on some pretext....

well, I bet there are some fights later in the evening when the college gives come roaming out looking for munchies..

Duuuuude... Laughing

One of my fav clips from the big bang theory when they are stoned lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:54 pm

that will be the "bullington club" then didge.....who...being good tories probably wouldnt want the contents...but instead would piss n shit in it and smash the fridge, cos they just couldnt stand the idea that some poor person might just get "something for nothing".....even though ...just like benefits thats not true ...its never "something for nothing"

its ALWAYS... been paid for "up front"

Twisted Evil

Last edited by Lord Foul on Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:56 pm

Lord Foul wrote:that will be the "bullington club" then didge.....

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:58 pm

re edited...just to start a fight Eatery Puts Fridge On Street, So Patrons Can Leave Leftovers For Those In Need 4086978286
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down