NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U.S. teen's lesions identified as krokodil abuse symptoms by Mexican physicians

3 posters

Go down

U.S. teen's lesions identified as krokodil abuse symptoms by Mexican physicians Empty U.S. teen's lesions identified as krokodil abuse symptoms by Mexican physicians

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:56 pm

Warning -- rather graphic photo at source.

Health authorities in Mexico have confirmed a 17-year-old patient believed to have injected the drug krokodil was from Houston, America.

Dr. Enrico Sotelo, the head of the council on addictions in the western state of Jalisco said the patient is a Houston resident who came to Mexico to visit the Pacific coast resort city of Puerto Vallarta, where she has relatives, in November.

Shortly after arriving she checked into a local health clinic for digestive problems, and it was there doctors detected flesh lesions associated with krokodil use.

Sotelo said the unidentified patient told authorities she had used the drug in Houston. Her current condition is unknown because she did not return to the health clinic there for any further treatment.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/mexico-confirms-krokodil-drug-case-was-us-patient-9036408.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

U.S. teen's lesions identified as krokodil abuse symptoms by Mexican physicians Empty Re: U.S. teen's lesions identified as krokodil abuse symptoms by Mexican physicians

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:02 pm

It sounds absolutely horrendous:

It is formed of a combination of crushed codeine pills, gasoline, cooking oil, iodine, paint thinner, lighter fluid and other toxic ingredients.

Krokodil is also highly addictive and short-lasting – meaning many addicts exist in an on-going cycle of drug consumption and drug preparation. It acts as a morphine substitute but is ten times stronger than the morphine currently used in medical practice. It has a quicker onset of action and more sedative effects and causes death of muscle and soft tissues at the site of injection.

What will people do to themselves next? And how do they get on it. They don't just wake up one day and decided to use it, it must be around them for them to even think of it.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

U.S. teen's lesions identified as krokodil abuse symptoms by Mexican physicians Empty Re: U.S. teen's lesions identified as krokodil abuse symptoms by Mexican physicians

Post by Guest Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:26 pm

So is the condition curable?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:30 pm

Shady wrote:So is the condition curable?

Depends on what you mean by that. Will this girl live? She could, if she stops taking krokodil and gets some intensive medical treatment, but parts of her skin are literally dead and that's not coming back short of some sort of transplant or highly experimental procedure.

As to the points Shady and Beekeeper make, I feel the same way when I hear about a child dying in a locked car due to the heat; how does a person not know you don't do that? -- I think the two important things here are a thrill-seeking personality and abject ignorance about the drug.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:52 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Shady wrote:So is the condition curable?

Depends on what you mean by that. Will this girl live? She could, if she stops taking krokodil and gets some intensive medical treatment, but parts of her skin are literally dead and that's not coming back short of some sort of transplant or highly experimental procedure.

As to the points Shady and Beekeeper make, I feel the same way when I hear about a child dying in a locked car due to the heat; how does a person not know you don't do that? -- I think the two important things here are a thrill-seeking personality and abject ignorance about the drug.

Exactly.   As I said, it must be around them, so they must be seeing people take it and are probably egged on by their peers.   With so many new drugs 'doing the rounds', they probably don't know about the real consequences until they are hooked, by which time, it's too late.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:08 pm

It can get much worse than that, I saw a pic of a Russian girl whose skin had completely fallen off her arm, leaving only bone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:28 pm

So is this drug classed as illegal & if so,would druggies still use it if it was legalised?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:39 pm

@shady
some would. I don't think it is very common. Some of these more unusal substitue drugs beceome availble only because the real thing isn't.
Never heard of it here but you can get all the normal stuff here pretty easy (except Cocaine) so some of these weirder ones just never make it here.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:16 pm

At the end of the day, I think krokodil is an excellent argument for making some of the softer drugs legal.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:48 pm

I recon its a good demonstration of Dawin in action. Perhaps its one way of waking up The ID crowd??????

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down