NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Read The Open Letter This Restaurant Manager Wrote To A Woman And Her Child Who Was Being Loud

+3
Raggamuffin
eddie
Major
7 posters

Go down

Read The Open Letter This Restaurant Manager Wrote To A Woman And Her Child Who Was Being Loud Empty Read The Open Letter This Restaurant Manager Wrote To A Woman And Her Child Who Was Being Loud

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:00 pm

A restaurant manager was asked by a table if he could say something to another table about the child being too loud. This is what he wants that family to know...

To the woman and child who sat at table 9,

I did not introduce myself to you. My name is Tony Posnanski. I have been a restaurant manager for fifteen years now. My day consists of making sure my restaurant runs well. That could mean washing dishes, cooking and sometimes even serving tables. I have also dealt with every guest complaint you can imagine.

A few weeks back you came into my restaurant. I was very busy that night. I was running around helping the kitchen cook food. I was asked to talk to a table close to yours. I did and they said your child was being very loud. I heard some yelling while I was talking to that table. I heard a very loud beep from a young girl.

I started to walk to your table. You knew what I was going to ask. You saw the table I just spoke to pointing at you. I got to your table and you looked at me. You wanted the first word. You said… "Do you know what it is like to have a child with Autism?"

You were not rude when you asked the question. In fact, you were quite sincere. Your daughter could not have been more than five years old. She was beautiful and looked scared that I was at the table. She looked like she thought she was in trouble.

In fifteen years I do not have a lot of memorable moments as a restaurant manager. I remember some guests who were mad that their burger was not the way they wanted it. I remember a woman who called corporate on me because she said I gave her a regular Coke instead of a Diet Coke. I remember having to cut people off from drinking alcohol and I remember having to tell tables to have their child be quieter.

However, I do remember everything about the day my son was born. How I cried when I heard him cry. How I stood there and told him I would do anything for him and be the best father possible. I remember the day I married my wife. How I cried and promised to be the best husband possible. I remember the day my daughter was born. I did not cry that day. I was just so relieved because I lost a child two years earlier.

I know what I was supposed to say when I went to your table. I was supposed to politely tell you to please not have your daughter yell. I was supposed to offer to move you to another area. I was supposed to offend you by not offending you…

I did not do any of that.

Instead I just told you I hoped your meal was awesome. I high-fived your daughter and then I told you that your meal was on us tonight. It was only sixteen dollars. It meant more to me than that. I do not think the other guests I spoke to were happy about it. At that moment it did not matter to me.

I do not know how you reacted. I had to leave to go cook because the kitchen was not doing very good that night. When the server asked me why I bought the food I just said you did not enjoy your steak. I did not tell anyone what you said to me. I was thankful you did say it to me though.

You asked me a question that I did not answer. The truth is I do not know what it is like to have a child with Autism. I know what it is like to be a father. I know what it is like to be a husband. I know what it is like to not tell his wife how much he loves her enough. I know what it is like to want to spend more time with his children.

You asked me the question right away. You have been through this before in other restaurants. I did not want to be like other managers for one moment. I did not want to tell you what you always heard.

Honestly, I wrote this to you and your beautiful daughter because I wanted to thank you both.

You have given me a great restaurant memory. One that I needed for the last fifteen years.

You also taught me a valuable lesson…

Sometimes doing the right thing does not make everyone happy; just the people who need it the most.

Sincerely,

Tony Posnanski

Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/1365/Read-The-Open-Letter-This-Restaurant-Manager-Wrote-To-A-Woman-And-Her-Child-Who-Was-Being-Loud#trrhhEJTYQOGW4Id.99

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Read The Open Letter This Restaurant Manager Wrote To A Woman And Her Child Who Was Being Loud Empty Re: Read The Open Letter This Restaurant Manager Wrote To A Woman And Her Child Who Was Being Loud

Post by eddie Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:12 pm

Fucking awesome!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Read The Open Letter This Restaurant Manager Wrote To A Woman And Her Child Who Was Being Loud Empty Re: Read The Open Letter This Restaurant Manager Wrote To A Woman And Her Child Who Was Being Loud

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:35 pm

WTF? Why are some people so absurd?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:42 pm

Awww...I thought it was touching.
Sometimes we rush through life and don't see it from the other persons perspective, he stopped and thought about what he was doing, why, and changed his mind. ...and in doing that he saw the bigger picture.
Good on him.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:46 pm

He was asked to ask someone to keep their child quiet. He didn't feel able to do that because the kid was autistic. End of story. FFS.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:He was asked to ask someone to keep their child quiet. He didn't feel able to do that because the kid was autistic. End of story. FFS.

lol!

Well the sky is blue and the grass in green, but some people can write famous poems or paint priceless paintings of it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:51 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:He was asked to ask someone to keep their child quiet. He didn't feel able to do that because the kid was autistic. End of story. FFS.

lol!

Well the sky is blue and the grass in green, but some people can write famous poems or paint priceless paintings of it.

Yes, I know. Rolling Eyes

I shouldn't click on this type of thread really. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:

lol!

It's a bit sentimental for your taste. Razz

When I worked in a country pub/restaurant years ago a man with an older autistic lad came in, sat down and ordered meals. The lad made some loud grunts, there was no one else in that room but a couple of elderly ladies in the next room.
The owner asked me to ask the man could he take the lad outside into the beer garden ...I flatly refused.

I did have a quiet word with the other ladies (they could obviously hear the lad but not see him) just said that a young autistic man was in the next room and that's what the noises were. They understood.

I cant stand people who make a fuss when someone with a disability has the nerve to actually enjoy life.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:01 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

It's a bit sentimental for your taste. Razz

When I worked in a country pub/restaurant years ago a man with an older autistic lad came in, sat down and ordered meals. The lad made some loud grunts, there was no one else in that room but a couple of elderly ladies in the next room.
The owner asked me to ask the man could he take the lad outside into the beer garden ...I flatly refused.

I did have a quiet word with the other ladies (they could obviously hear the lad but not see him) just said that a young autistic man was in the next room and that's what the noises were. They understood.

I cant stand people who make a fuss when someone with a disability has the nerve to actually enjoy life.

I don't have any problem with disabled people making a noise, it's just the ridiculously sentimental response which I find absurd. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:02 pm

It was a bit 'Deck of card" .....but I bet that man is lovely to have responded in that way.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:07 pm

I have no idea why he wrote that letter other than to proclaim how wonderful he is. Self praise is no recommendation.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Miffs2 Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:13 pm

Stormee wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:I have no idea why he wrote that letter other than to proclaim how wonderful he is. Self praise is no recommendation.

It is a load of 'who shot John'.

scratch
What's that mean?!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:19 pm

Miffs2 wrote:I have no idea why he wrote that letter other than to proclaim how wonderful he is. Self praise is no recommendation.

I do and its obvious nems

I will give you a clue

"judgmental"

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:21 pm

Didge wrote:

I will give you a clue

"judgmental"

He was being judgemental about the other diners who complained?

Mmmm perhaps
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:23 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Didge wrote:

I will give you a clue

"judgmental"

He was being judgemental about the other diners  who complained?

Mmmm perhaps

No..

How people are quick to judge is your next clue

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:16 pm

Didge wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

He was being judgemental about the other diners  who complained?

Mmmm perhaps

No..

Are you giving me clues to who shot John ?
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:32 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
Stormee wrote:

It is a load of 'who shot John'.

scratch
What's that mean?!

It means "bullshit," basically.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:55 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

scratch
What's that mean?!

It means "bullshit," basically.

Does it? I haven't heard that before.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:16 am

I hadn't either.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:03 am

Miffs2 wrote:
Didge wrote:

No..

Are you giving me clues to who shot John ?

Nope, you seem to have pre-judged his reasons, which is ironic really Nems

As I saw numerous positive points in this letter

Which I guess you have not grasped them or understood his intent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down