NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Preschool Teaches Kids How To Grow Their Own Food And Encourages Them To Enjoy Nature

2 posters

Go down

This Preschool Teaches Kids How To Grow Their Own Food And Encourages Them To Enjoy Nature  Empty This Preschool Teaches Kids How To Grow Their Own Food And Encourages Them To Enjoy Nature

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:45 pm

Winner of the AWR International Ideas Competition to design a new nursery school, "Nursery Fields Forever" reimagines what nursery schools could be like. Designed by a team from Italy, composed of Gabriele Capobianco, Edoardo Capuzzo Dolcetta, Jonathan Lazar, and Davide Troiani, the entry refutes the modern notion of shaping a child's perception of the world based solely on urban environments, accepting children as being inherently curious naturalists. This trait is stimulated and guided to create a unique educational approach, holistically combining nature and food cultivation into its curriculum.

This Preschool Teaches Kids How To Grow Their Own Food And Encourages Them To Enjoy Nature  9y05x-kids-grow-plants-1

Game, nature and technique are combined with the nursery to create three approaches to learning: learning from nature, learning from technique and learning from practice. The development of children is encouraged through interaction with animals and plants, also encouraging their self-esteem and social interaction with the introduction of tangible goals in their education.

"We think that kids should enjoy nature," Edoardo Capuzzo Dolcetta told Fast Company. "So we designed this strange school: No classrooms, but open spaces where vegetables grow inside and animals can come in too. It's a mixing of the two things, school and nature."

This Preschool Teaches Kids How To Grow Their Own Food And Encourages Them To Enjoy Nature  49yvb-kids-grow-plants-2

Traditional learning environments and more experimental spaces combining learning and farming are integrated, creating a rotating routine for groups of children to experience and learn about the cycles of nature. From teachers, children are taught how to respect and domesticate animals and plants, seeing the way those things affect their lives.

This Preschool Teaches Kids How To Grow Their Own Food And Encourages Them To Enjoy Nature  L5zz3-kids-grow-plants-3

Teaching children how to grow and harvest their own food, as well as how to interact with animals, could help kids improve their social skills through teamwork, encourage self-esteem, and promote healthy lifestyles.

This Preschool Teaches Kids How To Grow Their Own Food And Encourages Them To Enjoy Nature  Z9aer-kids-grow-plants-4

Nursery Fields Forever reclaims the nursery as a place for children to not only be raised, but "to raise and construct themselves."
via Arch Daily

Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/1342/This-Preschool-Teaches-Kids-How-To-Grow-Their-Own-Food-And-Encourages-Them-To-Enjoy-Nature#xwFuUcGiaKqIZgfh.99

Last edited by Didge on Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

This Preschool Teaches Kids How To Grow Their Own Food And Encourages Them To Enjoy Nature  Empty Re: This Preschool Teaches Kids How To Grow Their Own Food And Encourages Them To Enjoy Nature

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:49 pm

Wow! What a great idea and what a beautiful room that was in the top picture!
I hope that this comes to fruition (pardon the pun) by the time my daughter goes to school.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

This Preschool Teaches Kids How To Grow Their Own Food And Encourages Them To Enjoy Nature  Empty Re: This Preschool Teaches Kids How To Grow Their Own Food And Encourages Them To Enjoy Nature

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:53 pm

I think its awesome Eddie

Its a brilliant idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:42 pm

We planted some little seeds of carrot, radish, peppers and peas in a box on my kitchen windowsill.
Bloody things are taking ages to grow and look nothing like that top picture This Preschool Teaches Kids How To Grow Their Own Food And Encourages Them To Enjoy Nature  2794048296
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:49 pm

eddie wrote:We planted some little seeds of carrot, radish, peppers and peas in a box on my kitchen windowsill.
Bloody things are taking ages to grow and look nothing like that top picture This Preschool Teaches Kids How To Grow Their Own Food And Encourages Them To Enjoy Nature  2794048296

Bit of singing is needed Eddie from you

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:23 pm

eddie wrote:We planted some little seeds of carrot, radish, peppers and peas in a box on my kitchen windowsill.

I enjoy growing my own.  I think it's a great idea to encourage kids to do this.   Teaches them to be resourceful and to eat more healthily.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:48 pm

Didge wrote:

I Think that's what's stunting their growth! Shocked
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:49 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

I enjoy growing my own.  I think it's a great idea to encourage kids to do this.   Teaches them to be resourceful and to eat more healthily.

Yes my daughter planted them with her dad. She kept telling us we needed to buy a rabbit when the radishes grew.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:50 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

No, that would be the ganja Eddie

lol!

Seriously, try singing   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:52 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

No, that would be the ganja Eddie

lol!

Seriously, try singing   Laughing

Hahahahaha you know me too well lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:53 pm

This Preschool Teaches Kids How To Grow Their Own Food And Encourages Them To Enjoy Nature  Image20
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:55 pm

eddie wrote:This Preschool Teaches Kids How To Grow Their Own Food And Encourages Them To Enjoy Nature  Image20

That is really sweet

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:57 pm

Ain't bloody growing though.
I'll,have to buy all the stuff from tesco and pretend that they grew! Hahahahah
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:05 pm

I can imagine you have it already planned to impress

This Preschool Teaches Kids How To Grow Their Own Food And Encourages Them To Enjoy Nature  Derycke_pepper

This Preschool Teaches Kids How To Grow Their Own Food And Encourages Them To Enjoy Nature  Z

This Preschool Teaches Kids How To Grow Their Own Food And Encourages Them To Enjoy Nature  $_1

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:06 pm

Haha my they are big ones didge Shocked
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:09 pm

eddie wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Yes my daughter planted them with her dad. She kept telling us we needed to buy a rabbit when the radishes grew.

You need plenty of light and not too much water.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:12 pm

Got the light definitely and they're using a spray mister thingy to water them.

Perhaps my cooking fumes are choking them lol
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down