NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lords rebuff Tory plan to cut ESA for second time

4 posters

Go down

Lords rebuff Tory plan to cut ESA for second time  Empty Lords rebuff Tory plan to cut ESA for second time

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:30 am

Peers defeat government again over proposed £30-a-week cut to benefits for ill and disabled found ‘unfit to work’

The House of Lords has defeated the government again over welfare reform and work bill proposals to cut £30 a week from the benefits of ill and disabled people who have been found unfit to work.
Peers passed an amendment that calls on ministers to deliver a formal assessment of the likely impact of the cut on the health, finances and work prospects of hundreds of thousands of claimants, who will see their unemployment benefits reduced by £1,500 a year.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/feb/29/lords-rebuff-tory-plan-to-cut-esa-for-second-time?CMP=share_btn_fb

What the Government are trying to do is despicable.  Through the bastards out on the street without a sleeping bag or a penny in their pockets, that would be justice.

Back to top Go down

Lords rebuff Tory plan to cut ESA for second time  Empty Re: Lords rebuff Tory plan to cut ESA for second time

Post by nicko Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:35 am

Once they get into Parliament and get their feet under the table [so to speak] most, not all,think fuck you Jack i'm all right!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Lords rebuff Tory plan to cut ESA for second time  Empty Re: Lords rebuff Tory plan to cut ESA for second time

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:45 am

This is what pisses me off the most about conservatives. Everything they do takes from people who have nothing to give.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:21 am

I don't really understand ESA. If it's for people who are unfit to work, how can any of them be in a work-related group? They're either fit to work or they're not. I can see that they might be fit for some types of work and not others, but you could say that about anyone really.

If the amount is cut, won't those people effectively be on JSA? At least people won't bother to apply for ESA fraudulently because they'll only get pretty much the same as they'd get on JSA.

People can apply for DLA on top of ESA, so they can get extra money if they need it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:26 am

Stormee wrote:ESA  JSA  what do they stand for?

Employment and Support Allowance, which I think replaced incapacity benefit.

Job Seeker's Allowance - ie, the dole.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:28 am

DLA - Disability Living Allowance, which I think is being replaced with PIP - Personal Independence Payment.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:29 am

Then there's Universal Credit. Don't ask me about that.

It's all ridiculously complicated IMO, and it doesn't seem to be getting any simpler.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:57 am

Stormee wrote:As I say, I am not up to date on benefits, BUT, taking from all the disabled is really barbaric, unfeeling IMHO.
We should look after our really needy and stuff forunuz.

It's all a bit confusing, but ESA also covers people who are ill and the illness is a temporary thing whereby the person should be able to return to work. I think this proposal excludes those who are too ill or disabled to ever work.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:00 pm

Also, people who work up to 16 hours a week can claim ESA. I think there are also two types - income related, and contribution based.

https://www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/eligibility
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:32 pm

Stormee wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Also, people who work up to 16 hours a week can claim ESA. I think there are also two types - income related, and contribution based.

https://www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/eligibility

I see, gotta bit to learn, prob forget this and ask again one day.

I am so passionate about 'LOOKING AFTER OUR OWN' ABOVE ALL.
I like to believe my taxes go to our own but I know they don't and it peeves me.

Looking after our own doesn't mean handing out benefits all over the place though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down