NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food banks: cowardly coalition can't face the truth about them

2 posters

Go down

Food banks: cowardly coalition can't face the truth about them Empty Food banks: cowardly coalition can't face the truth about them

Post by Irn Bru Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:19 pm

[b]Conservatives cannot admit a real fear of hunger afflicts thousands[/b]

I went to the Trussell Trust food bank round the corner from the Observer's offices just before Christmas. If I hadn't been reading the papers, I would have assumed it represented everything Conservatives admire. As at every other food bank, volunteers who are overwhelmingly churchgoers ran it and organised charitable donations from the public.

What could be closer to Edmund Burke's vision of the best of England that David Cameron says inspired his "big society"? You will remember that in his philippic against the French revolution, Burke said his contemporaries should reject its dangerously grandiose ambitions , and learn that "to love the little platoons we belong to in society, is the first principle (the germ, as it were) of public affections". Yet when confronted with displays of public affection – not in 1790 but in 2013 – the coalition turns its big guns on the little platoons.

It would have been easy for the government to say that it was concerned that so many had become so desperate. This was Britain, minsters might have argued, not some sun-beaten African kleptocracy. Regardless of politics, it was a matter of common decency and national pride that Britain should not be a land where hundreds of thousands cannot afford to eat. The coalition might not have meant every word or indeed any word. But it would have been in its self-interest to emit a few soothing expressions of concern, and offer a few tweaks to an inhumanely inefficient benefits system, if only to allay public concern about the rotten state of the nation.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/dec/28/coalition-wont-face-fact-of-food-banks

Repeat: [[i]b]Conservatives cannot admit a real fear of hunger afflicts thousands[/b]

What people have been saying all along but the Tory party central office puppets will still bleat the same old message that it's all their own fault.

No doubt the cap doffers and forelock tuggers will be sent out out in force to talk down the poor, the sick, the disabled and the unemployed who have been driven to despair to the extent that they have to face such indignity.

It's shocking.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Food banks: cowardly coalition can't face the truth about them Empty Re: Food banks: cowardly coalition can't face the truth about them

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:39 pm

It  is atrocious Irn and some will only say that compassion , decency , common sense  and understanding play not part in Politics...

That has been proved true with this Tory led coalition in office, all they have done since coming in is pick on the poor, turn people, against others, lie, label folk as scroungers, introduce the bedroom tax..again inflicting everything on the poorest and sickest as usual,dirty low life scumbags...

Get these jokers out.

Back to top Go down

Food banks: cowardly coalition can't face the truth about them Empty Re: Food banks: cowardly coalition can't face the truth about them

Post by Guest Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:43 pm

If someone if trying to kill you by starving you to death or freezing you to death, then that arises certain 'passions' in ones self.

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:12 am

Just to let you know we ran out of money when Labour completely destroyed the economy by spending like there was no tomorrow.

A concomitant of that is real hardship.

Of course you could try spending your way out of it as labour kept saying plan B should be.

However comrade that has now got no purchase whatsoever because we are the fastest growing in Europe.

Never let the facts get in your way do you Irn Bru.

It isn't the Tories who cant face the truth its you lefties.

You live in a completely make believe world.

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:48 am

Oh bless, all this time and still blaming labour. Have to confess though, in this post you sound more like Drinky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:20 pm

Clarkson wrote:Just to let you know we ran out of money when Labour completely destroyed the economy by spending like there was no tomorrow.

Of course you could try spending your way out of it as labour kept saying plan B should be.

However comrade that has now got no purchase whatsoever because we are the fastest growing in Europe.

But wasnt the debt lower under Labour?

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarkson Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:48 pm

When Labour left office we had the largest peace time debts and the largest deficit ever. Fact!

Really that is common domain information.

I might add Nemsagain that when Labour left office in 1979 we had the largest debts then as well. Labour had had to go cap in hand to the IMF because it spent too much. The cuts forced upon them s a condition of the loans brought about the winter of discontent. The TU leaders hitherto had been given everything they wanted by Labour and couldn't grasp we were bust.Hence my point they never learn.

Debating with you lefties s like platting sawdust even when faced with absolute facts you simply deny them.

I can see this board going the way of Victors place. Thread after thread attacking the Coalition and completely ignoring any rebuttals. Drive away any dissenters and the forum ceases debate. The usual cabal of cant debate lets just nod heads at each others lefty comments. Pitiful!!!!

The North Koreans are still saying the south started the war. Saying it doesn't change the facts there either.

Are you comrades addicted to lies?

Clarkson
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:58 pm

Clarkson wrote:When Labour left office we had the largest peace time debts and the largest deficit ever. Fact!

I might add Nemsagain that when Labour left office in 1979 we had the largest debts then as well. Labour had had to go cap in hand to the IMF because it spent too much. Hence my point the never learn.

Debating with you lefties s like platting sawdust even when faced with absolute facts you simply deny them.

I can see this board going the way of Victors place. Thread after thread attacking the Coalition and completely ignoring any rebuttals. Drive away any dissenters and the forum ceases debate.

The North Koreans are still saying the south started the war. Saying it doesn't change the facts there either.

Hi drinky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:50 pm

Clarkson wrote:When Labour left office we had the largest peace time debts and the largest deficit ever. Fact!

I might add Nemsagain that when Labour left office in 1979 we had the largest debts then as well. Labour had had to go cap in hand to the IMF because it spent too much. The cuts forced upon them s a condition of the loans brought about the winter of discontent. The TU leaders  hitherto had been given everything they wanted by Labour and couldn't grasp we were bust.Hence my point they never learn.

I can see this board going the way of Victors place. Thread after thread attacking the Coalition and completely ignoring any rebuttals. Drive away any dissenters and the forum ceases debate. The usual cabal of cant debate lets just nod heads at each others lefty comments. Pitiful!!!!

No I really thought the Tories had increased the National Debt
I shant bother if you are going to be a fuckwit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:54 pm

Joy Division wrote:

I might add Nemsagain that when Labour left office in 1979 we had the largest debts then as well. Labour had had to go cap in hand to the IMF because it spent too much. Hence my point the never learn.

I can see this board going the way of Victors place. Thread after thread attacking the Coalition and completely ignoring any rebuttals. Drive away any dissenters and the forum ceases debate.

Hi drinky.

.....As nauseating as ever, isn't he.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:40 pm

Clarkson wrote:Just to let you know we ran out of money when Labour completely destroyed the economy by spending like there was no tomorrow.

That's the kinda talk that can land you in the Gulag, Drinky so you had better be careful. lol

Spending by Labour was no worse than the previous Tory government. Indeed Labour spending was used for investment rather than just blowing it like the Tories did during their 18 years in power of doing nowt to invest in this country's future. Even Osborne and Cameron saw the benefit of following Labour's spending plans and that is why they promised to match and even exceed them. Guess you forgot about that.
The debt was ran up because of the collapse of the financial system and after three and a half years in power Osborne is making it even worse by missing every single fiscal target he set as well as throwing away out Triple AAA status - the very measure he said we should use to judge his performance.
You are more than just a cap doffer and a forelock tugger - your a nodding dog for this shambles of a government

We have a thread on here about the economy and I'd suggest you go and read it so that you can wise up what it's all about.

BTW -welcome to Newsfix. The premier debating chamber round these parts at the moment

cheers 
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:42 pm

I might add Nemsagain that when Labour left office in 1979 we had the largest debts then as well.

Not true. Thatcher topped it in 1982.

Labour had had to go cap in hand to the IMF because it spent too much. The cuts forced upon them s a condition of the loans brought about the winter of discontent. The TU leaders  hitherto had been given everything they wanted by Labour and couldn't grasp we were bust.Hence my point they never learn.

Labour went to the IMF because of a run on the pound caused by money speculators who were convinced that the pound was overvalued and the government would devalue. The US Treasury and the IMF said the pound was undervalued and agreed to prop it up but the US repayment terms were to steep so the IMF pumped in the money - with conditions. Money speculators caused the problem.

Want to talk about Major and the ERM and how many billions that cost?
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down