NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social services cuts could be 'largest factor' in biggest annual rise in deaths for almost 50 years

+5
HoratioTarr
veya_victaous
Victorismyhero
Raggamuffin
Syl
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Social services cuts could be 'largest factor' in biggest annual rise in deaths for almost 50 years - Page 3 Empty Social services cuts could be 'largest factor' in biggest annual rise in deaths for almost 50 years

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

'I suspect the largest factor here is cuts to social services - to meals on wheels, to visits to the elderly'

Government cuts to social services could be the “largest factor” in the biggest annual rise in deaths in England and Wales for nearly half a century, according to an adviser to Public Health England.

The new preliminary figures, from the Office for National Statistics, claim that mortality rates last year rose by 5.4 per cent compared with 2014 – equivalent to almost 27,000 extra deaths. The increase is the highest since 1968 and took the total number of deaths in 2015 to 528,340.

Death rates in England and Wales have been steadily falling since the 1970s but this trend has been reversed since 2011.
Advisers to Public Health England told the Health Service Journal (HSJ) that an investigation should be launched following the new statistics. They added that the figures show the elderly, especially women, were now bearing the brunt of a growing crisis in the National Health Service and cuts to social care.

Professor Danny Dorling, from Oxford University and an adviser to Public Health England on older age life expectancy, said: “When we look at 2015, we are not just looking at one bad year. We have seen excessive mortality - especially among women - since 2012.”

He added: “I suspect the largest factor here is cuts to social services - to meals on wheels, to visits to the elderly.
"We have seen these changes during a period when the health service is in crisis, while social care services have been cut back.

"The statistics clearly show that this is the biggest rise we have seen since the 1960s. But this may well turn out to be the greatest rise since the Second World War, taking into account the sustained nature of the rise, as well as other factors, such as the trend for immigration of older people in the 1960s."

It was revealed last year that a £1.1bn cut to adult social care was leaving the country’s most vulnerable people “in jeopardy”. The warning came amid reports that councils had slashed their adult social care budgets by 21 per cent over the last five years.

Dominic Harrison, an honorary professor at Central Lancashire University and Blackburn said to the HSJ that the changes were a “strong and flashing amber warning light [that] something is making the population more vulnerable to avoidable death”.

Mr Harrison added: ‘One of the things this data may be telling us is it is just not possible… to contain costs, improve quality, reduce inequality and improve outcomes within such a rapidly diminishing resource envelope… we need to understand exactly what is happening if we are to prevent it continuing.’

Caroline Abrahams, charity director at Age UK said a full investigation was needed urgently. She added: "These figures suggests something is going badly wrong…we owe it to older people to investigate why last year's statistics are so unusually high and to take firm action to address the causes, whatever they may be."

A Department of Health spokesman said: "This is provisional data and our experts monitor deaths closely. Excess winter deaths can be due to a number of causes and deaths can fluctuate from year to year. We will continue to monitor this data closely and be advised by experts on any action necessary."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/death-rate-in-england-and-wales-rising-at-fastest-pace-for-50-years-due-to-cuts-to-social-services-a6876486.html

When Cameron's aunt goes on a demonstration against the cuts, and his Mum signs a petition against them, it makes you realise what truly nasty fuckers we have as our Government.

Back to top Go down

Social services cuts could be 'largest factor' in biggest annual rise in deaths for almost 50 years - Page 3 Empty Re: Social services cuts could be 'largest factor' in biggest annual rise in deaths for almost 50 years

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:30 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

How is it sexist when defining you accurately?

Anyway, now you know what will happen when you throw abuse as you did

Get used to it

Well I'm not a whore, so it's not accurate is it? It's sexist because you wouldn't say it to a man.

Its simple if you throw out abuse expect it back ten times worse until you learn

I mean you can say retard which in this country is offensive to the disabled, which then of course Victor was happy to excuse showing the worst double standards and why I think he is a twat at the best of times

So if I am wrong, then so are when its ableism

Back to top Go down

Social services cuts could be 'largest factor' in biggest annual rise in deaths for almost 50 years - Page 3 Empty Re: Social services cuts could be 'largest factor' in biggest annual rise in deaths for almost 50 years

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:31 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Well I'm not a whore, so it's not accurate is it? It's sexist because you wouldn't say it to a man.

Its simple if you throw out abuse expect it back ten times worse until you learn

I mean you can say retard which in this country is offensive to the disabled, which then of course Victor was happy to excuse showing the worst double standards and why I think he is a twat at the best of times

So if I am wrong, then so are you for being ableism

It's against the rules to use sexist slurs. I suggest you read them.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

So if I am wrong, then so are you for being ableism

Its against the rules for any discriminating slurs

Which if sexist would include Zack daily

So you want to open a can of worms, I am then happy to point out all of these and prove why Victor is a two faced twat also

He wants a war he will lose the pussy and he does not want me to go there either

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:35 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

So you want to open a can of worms, I am then happy to point out all of these and prove why Victor is a two faced twat also

He wants a war he will lose the pussy and he does not want me to go there either

Then I'll point out your racist slurs against Zack.

Calm down - you're on at everyone today. All you've done is abuse people - not that you do much else anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:37 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

Calm down - you're on at everyone today. All you've done is abuse people - not that you do much else anyway.

lol please do trickle, as I have made no racist slurs against him

Cut the bullshit on abuse as you do it daily and then try to make out your a victim, your not, your nothing but a brat

You used offensive slurs also with retard, that is against the rules

So best you shut your mouth or expect more of the same

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:44 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Cut the bullshit on abuse as you do  it daily and then try to make out your a victim, your not, your nothing but a brat

So best you shut your mouth  or expect more of the same

You're using his ethnic background to abuse him - that's racist. Nearly all your posts contain the word "nazi", and now you're calling women "whores". You need to calm down or you'll get in a temper again - like you did at that football match.

I think you are retarded - as in slow for your age.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:46 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

Cut the bullshit on abuse as you do  it daily and then try to make out your a victim, your not, your nothing but a brat

So best you shut your mouth  or expect more of the same

You're using his ethnic background to abuse him - that's racist. Nearly all your posts contain the word "nazi", and now you're calling women "whores". You need to calm down or you'll get in a temper again - like you did at that football match.

Really?

Show me where I used an ethnic background

That is because those I call a Nazi are jew haters and its appropiate

You call people retards and you have done it many times, and you do it with the intent to stir

That is ableism

Ableism or ablism (/ˈeɪblɪzəm/) is a perceived form of discrimination or social prejudice against people with disabilities. It may also be referred to as disability discrimination, ablecentrism, physicalism, handicapism, and disability oppression.

So best you shut that tramp mouth or expect more of the same until you learn you pathetic brat

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:49 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Really?

You call people retards and you have done it many times, and you do it with the intent to stir

That is ableism

Ableism or ablism (/ˈeɪblɪzəm/) is a perceived form of discrimination or social prejudice against people with disabilities. It may also be referred to as disability discrimination, ablecentrism, physicalism, handicapism, and disability oppression.

So best you shut that tramp mouth or expect more of the same until you learn you pathetic brat

Calling someone the "forum spastic" hardly puts you in a position to criticise anyone else, does it Didge?

You use the fact that Zack is a Muslim to abuse him all the time - that's really not on.

I'm not a tramp - I live in a house.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:51 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

Really?

That is ableism

Calling someone the "forum spastic" hardly puts you in a position to criticise anyone else, does it Didge?

You use the fact that Zack is a Muslim to abuse him all the time - that's really not on.

Does not matter as it does not excuse you from doing this constantly of whcih you do

Muslim is a religion, not an ethnicity or race you thick ignorant fuckwit

You are a tramp and not in the homeless sense

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:52 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Does not matter as it does not excuse you from doing this constantly of whcih you do

You also accused Zack of having sexual relations with his father.

Of course I'm not a tramp - I just told you I live in a house.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:53 pm

If you think it's racist to criticise Israel, you must also think it's racist to insult someone based on them being a Muslim.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

Of course you are and zack daily makes views to men either as a slur to a view of homophobia or sexism and do you say a word

No

Making both you and Victor twat faced twats

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:55 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:If you think it's racist to criticise Israel, you must also think it's racist to insult someone based on them being a Muslim.

I do not think its racist to criticise Israel again showing what a thick c u n t you are.

I think Zack is an ignorant Muslim.

Not because of islam either, but because he is a sheep

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:56 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Of course you are and zack daily makes views to men either as a slur to a view of homophobia or sexism and do you say a word

No

I'm not "a person who travels from place to place on foot in search of work or as a vagrant or beggar", so obviously I'm not a tramp.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

No

I'm not "a person who travels from place to place on foot in search of work or as a vagrant or beggar", so obviously I'm not a tramp.

lol you are not that bright it seems either lol

You are most definitely a two faced twat

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:01 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

You'll find that I only have one face, so I can't be a two-faced twat.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

Oh as easily proven you are very much two faced.

See I can trump your vileness everytime Rags

Maybe you will learn not to be a rancid idiot

But I bet you wont

I do not care even if anything happens to me by admin, what matters is you being taught a lesson and I will only get worse until you learn

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:05 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

But I bet you wont

I do not care even if anything happens to me by admin, what matters is you being taught a lesson and I will only get worse until you learn

I don't need to learn anything. You do though as you didn't learn to control your temper all those years ago. You were taught a lesson and you just didn't learn from it. No
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

But I bet you wont

I don't need to learn anything. You do though as you didn't learn to control your temper all those years ago. You were taught a lesson and you just didn't learn from it. No

Nothing to do with any temper, its just not tolerating idiots like you and others

Learn to be civil and it will be returned

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

But I bet you wont

Stick him on ignore, if the whole board does it the board will be so much better.  Victor and I have, it's bliss, he can scream and stamp his feet all he likes, in a locked room, where he should be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:09 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Stick him on ignore, if the whole board does it the board will be so much better.  Victor and I have, it's bliss.

So conspiring against a poster, I think the admin will not take kindly to that

You do not have me on ignore as you answer posts, so you fail at that

Glad that pussy victor has me on ignore he has become a two faced twat anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:13 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Stick him on ignore, if the whole board does it the board will be so much better.  Victor and I have, it's bliss, he can scream and stamp his feet all he likes, in a locked room, where he should be.

You replied to one of his posts, so you can't have him on ignore.

I think he should be reined in really - he's getting worse and worse.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:15 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:

When you learn to show manners then I will be happy to be civil, until then when you act continually vile, then expect you will be taken to task

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:20 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

When you learn to show manners then I will be happy to be civil, until then when you act continually vile, then expect you will be taken to task

You're deluded - you've been rude and abusive for weeks now - years even.

If you carry on with the abuse, I'll have to report you. We can't have you disrupting the forum in this manner.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:21 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
sassy wrote:

I haven't replied to any of his posts.  I replied to the title of a thread on Palestine, I'd stick pins in my eyes before I'd read any more of his filth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:25 pm

sassy wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I haven't replied to any of his posts.  I replied to the title of a thread on Palestine, I'd stick pins in my eyes before I'd read any more of his filth.

Which was one of my threads

Doh

Thick idiot lol

So you have been exposed as lying scum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

You're deluded - you've been rude and abusive for weeks now - years even.

If you carry on with the abuse, I'll have to report you. We can't have you disrupting the forum in this manner.

And you are mentally unbalanced, and you are rude daily, so now any offensive slurs you make to any poster I am now going to report

Its time you were stopped from being abusive

Now you have made this happen, best you learn to keep that gob of yours shut or face discipline

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:39 pm

People please keep things polite.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:41 pm

There was only one person being abusive on this thread, and that was Didge ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:There was only one person being abusive on this thread, and that was Didge ...

Which proves you are a liar or would you like me to point out every abusive word you used?

Stop making out your a victim when you are a brat

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:There was only one person being abusive on this thread, and that was Didge ...

Does he have any redeeming features?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:30 pm

eddie wrote:People please keep things polite.

Perhaps changing the word filters for swear words  might lighten things up.   C.u.n.t.. = Darling.   Fuckwit = Dollface..........that kind of thing.  

rabbit
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:50 pm

I thought Eddie had got it wrong.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:55 pm

Stormee wrote:It is blatantly obvious that Didge is out of control again, a protected species, running off at the mouth.
Silence and condemnation by management shows they condone it.

I am gonna start retaliating if I get much more of it.

I get a telling off for a joke which was WRONGLY interpreted by eddie not reading it properly.

Name calling causes unnecessary mayhem.

Fairness for all.

I agree - he is out of control again. I also thought your thread was a lighthearted one - I said that in another thread. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:01 pm

What joke did I interpret wrong?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:06 pm

I got a report and you started a thread aimed at someone.

Are you telling me you want to go on holiday with sassy, on an aeroplane, and that thread was an invite?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:06 pm

I thought the thread was more about the aeroplane. Stormee is fond of planes.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I thought the thread was more about the aeroplane. Stormee is fond of planes.

Perhaps he should've called it "I like planes" then Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:11 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
eddie wrote:People please keep things polite.

Perhaps changing the word filters for swear words  might lighten things up.   C.u.n.t.. = Darling.   Fuckwit = Dollface..........that kind of thing.  

rabbit

Perhaps changing your personality or actually learning to debate might help

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:16 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I thought the thread was more about the aeroplane. Stormee is fond of planes.

Perhaps he should've called it "I like planes" then Rolling Eyes

Don't be silly. Rolling Eyes
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:16 pm

aaaand...back to te O/P

Ferengi anyone???

Gene Roddenberry described the members of the species as "connivers and manipulators"
and

"The act of winning is a most important thing in their system of values. They would agree with the twentieth-century Human athletic coach who said, 'Winning isn't the important thing – winning is the only thing' [....] [The Ferengi believe] that it is nature's way to reward the clever at the cost of the weak.

They are ugly, sexist, greedy little aliens who are interested in only profit and getting their hands on anything of yours they happen to fancy."

describes tories to a "T"

Last edited by Lord Foul on Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:21 pm

Lord Foul wrote:aaaand...back to te O/P

Ferengi anyone???

Gene Roddenberry described the members of the species as "connivers and manipulators"
and

"The act of winning is a most important thing in their system of values. They would agree with the twentieth-century Human athletic coach who said, 'Winning isn't the important thing – winning is the only thing' [....] [The Ferengi believe] that it is nature's way to reward the clever at the cost of the weak.

Describes a Conservative to a T

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:24 pm

SNAP
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:19 pm

Lord Foul wrote:aaaand...back to te O/P

Ferengi anyone???

and

They are ugly, sexist, greedy little aliens who are interested in only profit and getting their hands on anything of yours they happen to fancy."

describes tories to a "T"

Still gibberish fro the forum national socialist

Evidence please not horseshit

How else does one describe a national socialist?

A regressive fascist?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3