NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool: Two Schoolgirls Fighting For Their Lives And Three Seriously Injured After Car Ploughs Into Group

+3
Ben Reilly
Victorismyhero
Syl
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Liverpool: Two Schoolgirls Fighting For Their Lives And Three Seriously Injured After Car Ploughs Into Group - Page 2 Empty Liverpool: Two Schoolgirls Fighting For Their Lives And Three Seriously Injured After Car Ploughs Into Group

Post by Guest Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Two schoolgirls are fighting for their lives and another three have been seriously injured after a car ploughed into a group of children waiting to board the bus home from school in Liverpool. The accident occurred outside the Belvedere Academy in Toxteth, around 3.30pm, when a car, driven by an 80-year-old woman, lost control, mounted a kerb, and hit the group.

The injured girls are aged between 11 and 13.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/02/12/five-children-hit-by-car-in-liverpool-_n_9219688.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

Liverpool: Two Schoolgirls Fighting For Their Lives And Three Seriously Injured After Car Ploughs Into Group - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool: Two Schoolgirls Fighting For Their Lives And Three Seriously Injured After Car Ploughs Into Group

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:03 pm

Syl wrote:I don't know anything about applying for a firearms licences.

I imagine you have to have all your mental faculties and be able to see and hear clearly  in order to be licenced to carry a gun around legally.
If not maybe that should be reviewed too..

as I said...it should be as HARD to get a car licence...

not only do you have to be medically and metally fit, you have to sign to allow the police acess to your medical records
no criminal background

strict rules about securing your gun
references are required
you have it renewed every 5 years, with a visit from the firearms officer
get more than a couple of speeding offences and you can lose your firearms licence...permanently
get done for drink driving and the same

get involved in a fracas and the same is likely...

new licencees can only shoot on land pre approved by the chief constable (equivalent to a new driver being restricted to say "B" roads)
new licencees are generally restricted as to what caliber they can have (equivalent to new drivers only being allowed say fiat 500 for the first 5 years)

NOW...all that makes good sense for firearms, and I'm all for it

BUT isnt it about time, realistically, that the SAME rules should apply to those who wish to use a 1 tonne guided missile???

Its really simple...

to get a firearms certificate, quite correctly YOU, as applicant, have to prove that you are a "fit and proper person"...and then you have to stay that way...

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Liverpool: Two Schoolgirls Fighting For Their Lives And Three Seriously Injured After Car Ploughs Into Group - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool: Two Schoolgirls Fighting For Their Lives And Three Seriously Injured After Car Ploughs Into Group

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:05 pm

Syl wrote:Blimey.....and breathe.

I am not saying the elderly would lie and keep quiet about deteriorating health (though some might....just cos you are old doesn't mean you are honest)  but they may not be aware of their deteriorating health. (I am repeating myself now)

Do you think (for eg)  your own eyes can still see as well as they could 40 years ago?....well unless you are a walking miracle they cannot.

You seem to be taking this personally.....even throwing in the fact that your reflexes(at 61) were better than 99% of others who took the test.

I am older than you, I would not feel in the slightest put out if a law came in that forced me to retake a test....I would willingly do it and IF I was deemed unsafe to drive I would make alternative arrangements.

Cars are lethal weapons....I would rather be safe than sorry.  

Yes you are laying a claim to this through a belief they will not be responsible enough to declare medical problems if they arise.
You are saying a test needs to be set in place and it would only be off this reason, where you would think they are not to be trusted to inform.
So now you further insult the elderly and say it does not mean they are not honest.
Which would apply to ever human of course, yet you wish to pick on the elderly as being deemed irresponsible, as that is the fear based methodology you are using to call for such a limit. As we know many can drive into their hundreds, as people age differently

Not taking his personally at all, just proving how your views lack any substance and are based off how you do infarct distrust the elderly to abide by the law. Again your view is to automatically place a classification  of disabled onto them. Based not on if and who would developed disabilities, but based off a view where you think at a certain age, no matter their health and fitness, they should be declared unfit to drive

Like I say your views are the following

Prejudiced
Ageist
Discriminatory
Guilt by association
Mistrust

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:05 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:A tragic accident is not the same as dangerous driving, and we don't know if it was a "tragic accident".

Well she has not been arrested Rags, which would be the case if they suspected her of dangerous driving,

I presume they're investigating the possibility though. Just as it shouldn't be assumed that she's less competent because of her age, it also shouldn't be assumed that someone of 80 should be let off because of their age. Reports did say that the car mounted the pavement, so that would be classed as pretty dangerous.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:06 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Syl wrote:I don't know anything about applying for a firearms licences.

I imagine you have to have all your mental faculties and be able to see and hear clearly  in order to be licenced to carry a gun around legally.
If not maybe that should be reviewed too..

not only do you have to be medically and metally fit, you have to sign to allow the police acess to your medical records
no criminal background

references are required
get more than a couple of speeding offences and you can lose your firearms licence...permanently

new licencees can only shoot on land pre approved by the chief constable (equivalent to a new driver being restricted to say "B" roads)
new licencees are generally restricted as to what caliber they can have (equivalent to new drivers only being allowed say fiat 500 for the first 5 years)

BUT isnt it about time, realistically, that the SAME rules should apply to those who wish to use a 1 tonne guided missile???

Its really simple...

to get a firearms certificate, quite correctly YOU, as applicant, have to prove that you are a "fit and proper person"...and then you have to stay that way...

Well that's all I have been debating about on this thread re driving licenses.....not sure what all the fuss was about. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:07 pm

I am not saying the elderly would lie and keep quiet about deteriorating health (though some might....just cos you are old doesn't mean you are honest)  but they may not be aware of their deteriorating health. (I am repeating myself now)

Do you think (for eg)  your own eyes can still see as well as they could 40 years ago?....well unless you are a walking miracle they cannot.
of course not...but you know...we have these marvelous things called glasses...though actually I dont need them for driving...only for close work...my arms arent long enough anymore
I have NO problems with my distance vision...I.E betont about the end of a car bonnet.... Liverpool: Two Schoolgirls Fighting For Their Lives And Three Seriously Injured After Car Ploughs Into Group - Page 2 2190311264

You seem to be taking this personally.....even throwing in the fact that your reflexes(at 61) were better than 99% of others who took the test.

I am older than you, I would not feel in the slightest put out if a law came in that forced me to retake a test....I would willingly do it and IF I was deemed unsafe to drive I would make alternative arrangements.

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:08 pm

Didge wrote:

Yes you are laying a claim to this through a belief they will not be responsible enough to declare medical problems if they arise.
You are saying a test needs to be set in place and it would only be off this reason, where you would think they are not to be trusted to inform.
So now you further insult the elderly and say it does not mean they are not honest.
Which would apply to ever human of course, yet you wish to pick on the elderly as being deemed irresponsible, as that is the fear based methodology you are using to call for such a limit. As we know many can drive into their hundreds, as people age differently

Not taking his personally at all, just proving how your views lack any substance and are based off how you do infarct distrust the elderly to abide by the law. Again your view is to automatically place a classification  of disabled onto them. Based not on if and who would developed disabilities, but based off a view where you think at a certain age, no matter their health and fitness, they should be declared unfit to drive

Prejudiced
Ageist
Discriminatory
Guilt by association
Mistrust

You forgot..
Sensible and logical.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:08 pm

Sorry Syl, but your reasoned poorly based off poor methodology

Also on Victors point, many of the elderly will already have no medical problems, rendering your view to penalize them utterly poor

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:09 pm

Syl wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

no criminal background

references are required

Its really simple...

Well that's all I have been debating about on this thread re driving licenses.....not sure what all the fuss was about. Razz

conveniently avoiding the rest of it.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:10 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

Prejudiced
Ageist
Discriminatory
Guilt by association
Mistrust

You forgot..
Sensible and logical.

lol how to you figure.

Show me how where you were Prejudiced, Ageist, Discriminatory, Guilt by association,Mistrust I listed was in anyway sensible or logical?

I always know when a person has debated poorly, the old throw in that thjs other poster is getting upset,
Its always a poor choice to deflect with

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:12 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Syl wrote:

Because obtaining a gun licence is not the same as obtaining a car licence.....start a new thread if you want to discuss gun laws.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:15 pm

Syl wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

Because obtaining a gun licence is not the same as obtaining a car licence.....start a new thread if you want to discuss gun laws.

The point on the licences is very apt, based on  the number of fatalities and injuries each year

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:18 pm

Syl wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

My point is NOT whats right for gun laws....

I would ask you WHY isnt it the same.....

as an applicant for a driving licence you are asking permission to aquire and use a potentially lethal weapon...the same rules are arguably applicable...

I do NOT have a problem with firearms law (save that it is a legalistic mess and needs properly codifying)
I DO however hjave a problem with HOW EASY it is to get a driving licence

you do realise that being a psycho is NOT notifiable to the DVLA
nor is depression
or suicidal tendencies
nor sociopathic tendencies...

???????????

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:19 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:

You forgot..
Sensible and logical.

lol how to you figure.

Show me how where you were Prejudiced, Ageist, Discriminatory, Guilt by association,Mistrust I listed was in anyway sensible or logical?

I always know when a person has debated poorly, the old throw in that thjs other poster is getting upset,
I didn't say you were upset I said you seemed to be taking this personally....which to me you do. Laughing

You can call me all the above if you like...none of it's true though, I simply have a different way of thinking about this than you do.
I do believe it's sensible and logical to take a persons advanced age into consideration when driving is concerned, just as it's sensible to not allow a person under the age of 17 to drive...(I would raise that btw)
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:19 pm

you do realise that a violent rapist can keep his driving licence???
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:22 pm

all I can say is , Syl, if YOU wish to consider yourself a "past your sell by" "old fossil" thats up to you....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:25 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

lol how to you figure.

I didn't say you were upset I said you seemed to be taking this personally....which to me you do. Laughing
Which then claims the other person is upset
take something personally
. to get upset by the things other people say or do, because you think that their remarks or behaviour are directed at you in particular

You can call me all the above if you like...none of it's true though, I simply have a different way of thinking about this than you do.
I do believe it's sensible and logical to take a persons advanced age into consideration when driving is concerned, just as it's sensible to not allow a person under the age of 17 to drive...(I would raise that btw)

I just proved on this topic they were all true and again throwing in poor deflections, is why I know you made for a very poor debate in this case.
Its not sensible to take anything into consideration until they have or develop problems
Again you are placing a view to as if they already have just by their age.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:26 pm

Lord Foul wrote:you do realise that a violent rapist can keep his driving licence???

Well that's something else that needs a law change.
Violent rapists should be in jail ....which would obviously curtail their freedom to drive.
By the time they get out they would be old enough to have to reapply for their licence.....so we come full circle.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:32 pm

Lord Foul wrote:all I can say is , Syl, if YOU wish to consider yourself a "past your sell by" "old fossil" thats up to you....

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I love a man who can argue his points with wit and humour......I'm sure one will come along soon.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:34 pm

Syl wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:you do realise that a violent rapist can keep his driving licence???

Violent rapists should  be in jail ....which would obviously curtail their freedom to drive.
By the time they get out they would be old enough to have to reapply for their licence.....so we come full circle.

You made some good posts here Syl and this one made me chuckle alien
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:36 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Violent rapists should  be in jail ....which would obviously curtail their freedom to drive.

You  made some good posts here Syl and this one made me chuckle alien
Thanks eddie. Smile
I enjoyed the debate tbh.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:17 pm

It is possible that this woman drove into the girls deliberately for some reason... or maybe the car developed a fault that made it swerve into them... just because she is 80, you can't just discount these possibilities and automatically assume it was an age related moment of stupid driving...!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:24 pm

Also... I think that considering the amount of cars on the road and journeys taken... serious accidents and deaths are quite low.

Wonder what the percentage of deaths are motorcycle riders or even cyclists...!?

Bet it's a huge number considering how few motorcycles/bikes there are on roads compared to cars and other vehicles...

And does the road death figure also include pedestrians?

Many of whom are run over after stepping out into the road without looking...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2