NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

British banks got $1 trillion bailout from U.S. government

5 posters

Go down

British banks got $1 trillion bailout from U.S. government Empty British banks got $1 trillion bailout from U.S. government

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:49 pm

The Federal Reserve has released details of more than 21,000 transactions after being forced by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform Act to disclose which institutions it had bailed out in the financial turmoil since December 2007.

The data reveals that British-based banks accounted for $1 trillion (£640bn) of the money the Fed issued to prop up the financial sector.

Barclays took the biggest chunk of bailout money, borrowing $863bn from the Fed. Almost half of the money came in overnight loans thought the Primary Dealer Credit Facility, a programme intended to help banks dealing in US Treasuries.

Barclays has since paid all of its loans, which came about because of Barclay's $1.75 purchase of Lehman Brothers.

http://www.newstatesman.com/2010/12/financial-british-money-fed
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

British banks got $1 trillion bailout from U.S. government Empty Re: British banks got $1 trillion bailout from U.S. government

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:09 pm

So when is this going to be paid back?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

British banks got $1 trillion bailout from U.S. government Empty Re: British banks got $1 trillion bailout from U.S. government

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:12 pm

Never.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:13 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Never.

Scrounger.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:14 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:

Scrounger.

I'm sure you yanks must owe the Brits for something you did in the past - maybe 100 years ago. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:

Scrounger.

I'm sure you yanks must owe the Brits for something you did in the past - maybe 100 years ago. Laughing

I believe in 1916, you were creating the plot that would lead to today's instability in the Middle East while getting your asses kicked left and right by the Ottoman Empire. It would still be a few years before we had to bail you out of a world war ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:36 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I believe in 1916, you were creating the plot that would lead to today's instability in the Middle East while getting your asses kicked left and right by the Ottoman Empire. It would still be a few years before we had to bail you out of a world war ...

I wasn't plotting anything in 1916 - I'm not that old. Laughing

Do you mean WW2? The yanks didn't bail anyone out - Germany declared war on them. They should be grateful they could use the UK as a base from which to attack Germany.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Do you mean WW2? The yanks didn't bail anyone out - Germany declared war on them. They should be grateful they could use the UK as a base from which to attack Germany.

NO, the UK was getting its ass handed to it in WWI before the Americans entered as well.

If you don't have to take responsibility for anything that happened before your birth that you don't like ... then you don't get to claim greatness for anything that happened before your birth, either.

Either you own both your country's past achievements and its crimes, or you own neither -- you don't get to cherry-pick.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:41 pm

If the yanks hadnt got involved in wwII the germans would certainly have won...

britain would have largely been ok

but germany would have nuked america back to the stone age
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:42 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

NO, the UK was getting its ass handed to it in WWI before the Americans entered as well.

If you don't have to take responsibility for anything that happened before your birth that you don't like ... then you don't get to claim greatness for anything that happened before your birth, either.

Either you own both your country's past achievements and its crimes, or you own neither -- you don't get to cherry-pick.

I wasn't claiming greatness - I was referring to your habit of talking about things which happened years and years ago. I'm afraid you took my example of 100 years rather too literally.

Calm down before you go into another anti-Brit rant and start posting pro-IRA videos again.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I wasn't claiming greatness - I was referring to your habit of talking about things which happened years and years ago. I'm afraid you took my example of 100 years rather too literally.

Calm down before you go into another anti-Brit rant and start posting pro-IRA videos again.

I only talk about things that happened a century ago if A) they still impact the world today or B) they're interesting.

Did I take what you said the wrong way? Did I maybe do that deliberately?

Did you find it frustrating? Did you wish for more mature debate?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:51 pm

more mature debate...you mean like one that agrees with you in all aspects???

we are already well aware the left dont like dissent....

and get hysterical in the face of it.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:52 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I only talk about things that happened a century ago if A) they still impact the world today or B) they're interesting.

Did I take what you said the wrong way? Did I maybe do that deliberately?

Did you find it frustrating? Did you wish for more mature debate?

I've given up expecting mature debate on this forum. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:02 pm

The Americans helped us out in ww2, and by fuck they had their pound of flesh for doing it. Lend Lease, we gave up British territory for your help and have not long finished paying you millions for it! and if Japan had not bombed Pearl Harbour you would not have done anything.

Yanks in England ww2 over sexed, over paid and over here!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:02 pm

The Americans helped us out in ww2, and by fuck they had their pound of flesh for doing it. Lend Lease, we gave up British territory for your help and have not long finished paying you millions for it! and if Japan had not bombed Pearl Harbour you would not have done anything.

Yanks in England ww2 over sexed, over paid and over here!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:12 pm

nicko wrote:The Americans helped us out in ww2,   and by fuck they had their pound of flesh for doing it.   Lend Lease,  we gave up British territory for your help and have not long finished paying you millions for it! and if Japan had not bombed Pearl Harbour you would not have done anything.

Yanks in England ww2      over sexed, over paid and over here!

The yanks declared war on Japan, and then Germany declared war on the yanks, so they weren't helping anyone out.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:53 pm

except Australia, the Escaped the Tyrannical boot of the Cowardly British by clinging to the coat tails of the USA pirat
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down