NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Columnist Chris Jones Gets Something Off His Chest

Go down

Columnist Chris Jones Gets Something Off His Chest Empty Columnist Chris Jones Gets Something Off His Chest

Post by Lurker Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:26 pm

I had originally planned to take this day off, even after the conversation I’d had yesterday with Bluegrass Today’s editor-in-chief and headline-writer extraordinaire, John Lawless:

John: “You’ll want all day tomorrow, I suppose.”

Me: “If quite convenient, sir.”

John: “It’s not convenient, and it’s not fair. If I were to stop half a crown for it, you’d think yourself ill-used . . .”

And on it went from there. We’ll have a matinee showing at 3:00 p.m. today, with Jonny Mizzone cast in the role of Tiny Tim, and Alison Krauss appearing as the Ghost of Christmas past.
John is normally a very agreeable person, but I could see that holiday stress was getting to him. So, given what I detected as a frosty attitude about time off on Christmas Day, and the fact that I had taken last week off as it is (due to a “stomach virus”), I felt the only way to preserve my fifteen bob a week salary and maintain good relations with Roanoke would be to turn in a Christmas Day column.

http://bluegrasstoday.com/let-me-get-something-off-my-chest/#comment-21025
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Columnist Chris Jones Gets Something Off His Chest Empty Re: Columnist Chris Jones Gets Something Off His Chest

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:30 pm

I like that! I hope he was able to do his column from home lol

Back to top Go down