NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World kowtows as China cracks down on dissent

5 posters

Go down

World kowtows as China cracks down on dissent Empty World kowtows as China cracks down on dissent

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:29 am

It’s appropriate that “kowtow” is a word of Chinese origin, because that’s exactlywhat the rest of the world is doing to the Chinese regime.
China’s campaign against dissent is going global.
Amid extraordinary moves to rein in criticism at home, Chinese security personnel are reaching confidently across borders, targeting Chinese and foreign citizens who dare to challenge the Communist Party line, in what one Western diplomat has called the “worst crackdown since Tiananmen Square.”
A string of incidents, including abductions from Thailand and Hong Kong, forced repatriations and the televised “confessions” of two Swedish citizens, has crossed a new red line, according to diplomats in Beijing. Yet many foreign governments seem unwilling or unable to intervene, their public response limited to mild protests.
The European Union is divided and appears uncertain about what to do. Hong Kong is in an uproar, with free speech under attack, activists looking over their shoulders and many people saying they feel betrayed by a lack of support from Britain.
…..
With Secretary of State John F. Kerry in Beijing, where he landed late Tuesday, the leaders of the Congressional-Executive Commission on China, an independent U.S. government agency, have voiced alarm. The body’s chairman, Rep. Christopher H. Smith (R-N.J.), said Friday that President Xi Jinping’s push toward “hard authoritarianism” threatens U.S.-China ties, a view echoed by his co-chairman, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.).

I’d take Rep. Smith more seriously if he hadn’t done his share of kowtowing to the increasingly authoritarian government of Viktor Orban in Hungary. And Rubio seems willing to cut our “our Sunni allies, the Saudis” some slack despite the kingdom’s horrific human rights record. But the biggest blusterer of all when it comes to China is Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump, who accuses the country of stealing American jobs and talks about cracking down on China’s trading violations (which certainly exist) and “Reclaim[ing] millions of American jobs and reviving American manufacturing by putting an end to China’s illegal export subsidies and lax labor and environmental standards. No more sweatshops or pollution havens stealing jobs from American workers.”
Trump’s anger about Chinese manufacturers depriving Americans of jobs would be more credible if not for things like this:
World kowtows as China cracks down on dissent Made-in-china

http://hurryupharry.org/2016/01/27/world-kowtows-as-china-cracks-down-on-dissent/

Back to top Go down

World kowtows as China cracks down on dissent Empty Re: World kowtows as China cracks down on dissent

Post by Eilzel Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:44 am

What to do with a problem like China?

It is difficult. They are doing a lot to help many countries, including western countries, with things like energy needs and investment. They have so many over a barrel it becomes impossible for us to seriously assert any kind of pressure on their human rights abuses.

As to Trump, he knows he can rely on his supporters to listen to his endless rants and praise his ability to lash out and be brutal without any of them actually looking beyond his big mouth.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

World kowtows as China cracks down on dissent Empty Re: World kowtows as China cracks down on dissent

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:49 am

Eilzel wrote:What to do with a problem like China?

It is difficult. They are doing a lot to help many countries, including western countries, with things like energy needs and investment. They have so many over a barrel it becomes impossible for us to seriously assert any kind of pressure on their human rights abuses.

As to Trump, he knows he can rely on his supporters to listen to his endless rants and praise his ability to lash out and be brutal without any of them actually looking beyond his big mouth.

I think problems will start to happen in China because it has begun to catch up with the west.
When people start to get better wages, then China loses its appeal to invest and manufacture there which is where it has held the monopoly.
I think you will start to see this recede and more investment start to come to Africa, of which funnily enough the Chinese have been doing as again it is an area sadly where there is still much poverty and where again workers will be exploited.
That is going to be the next area where I believe Africa within 3 to 4 decades will be the bread basket of food for the world in the future.

As to what do do with China? Good question and for that I do not have an answer, their hold on the people is at present to strong

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:12 am

Didge wrote:
Eilzel wrote:What to do with a problem like China?

I think problems will start to happen in China because it has begun to catch up with the west.
When people start to get better wages, then China loses its appeal to invest and manufacture there which is where it has held the monopoly.
I think you will start to see this recede and more investment start to come to Africa, of which funnily enough the Chinese have been doing as again it is an area sadly where there is still much poverty and where again workers will be exploited.
That is going to be the next area where I believe Africa within 3 to 4 decades will be the bread basket of food for the world in the future.

As to what do do with China? Good question and for that I do not have an answer, their hold on the people is at present to strong

It is a danger zone imo. As you say, as China catches up then things will start to change fast there. As people in China demand a standard of living expected in a top 10 economy the Communist Party (communist in name only), will become more aggressive against their people and more aggressive against other nations questioning them otherwise. These things, combined with the problems they have with Japanese islands and in the South China sea and Korea will make the region fragile.

As to investment moving to Africa, that's true, but it is a sign that capitalist exploitation is gradually running full circle- an is a bubble which at some point is going to burst, with potentially catastrophic consequences for the current established order in many nations, especially the developed world.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:15 am

Eilzel wrote:
Didge wrote:

It is a danger zone imo. As you say, as China catches up then things will start to change fast there. As people in China demand a standard of living expected in a top 10 economy the Communist Party (communist in name only), will become more aggressive against their people and more aggressive against other nations questioning them otherwise. These things, combined with the problems they have with Japanese islands and in the South China sea and Korea will make the region fragile.

As to investment moving to Africa, that's true, but it is a sign that capitalist exploitation is gradually running full circle- an is a bubble which at some point is going to burst, with potentially catastrophic consequences for the current established order in many nations, especially the developed world.

I think you will see China goes as Soviet Russia once did, anarchy for a few years and a mafia/triad take the control and monopoly of many of the industries. Sadly this is the way of the world Eilzel and cannot see this changing. Its too vast a country like Russia to control and even more so with its population, where there is so much corruption in China. Eventually things will improve, when more people stand united against this, but I do not see that happening anytime soon.

Completely agree it is around territorial problems that could see an escalation of tension further in the area and the biggest surprise is that nobody has taken the lead in looking to annex Antarctica for its resources. I know there is the Antarctic Treaty, but am really surprised someone like Putin has not just simply ignored this. I think a Chinese nation similar to a Putin mafia style led Russia, could see both exploit and ignore that treaty annexing the continent between them. That would be in he future as Russia would need a strong similar ally in China, after Communism had finally fallen. What do you think on that regard?

I am not sure capitalism will burst but more likely evolve into something else through adaption, as those who are stinking rich will ensure that Capitalism does not burst. Well that is just opinions of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:00 pm

I'm not sure any country would try to annex Antarctica tbh. An attempt to do so would almost be an overt dare to start a war and one that it would be impossible not to respond to. Interesting thought; but its a long time before China and Russia even together could manage that.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:04 pm

Eilzel wrote:I'm not sure any country would try to annex Antarctica tbh. An attempt to do so would almost be an overt dare to start a war and one that it would be impossible not to respond to. Interesting thought; but its a long time before China and Russia even together could manage that.

At some point I think it will happen and it could be decades away, but for some reason I see those two nations collaborating on such a policy.
There is a huge abundance of resources there as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:49 pm

Eilzel wrote:I'm not sure any country would try to annex Antarctica tbh. An attempt to do so would almost be an overt dare to start a war and one that it would be impossible not to respond to. Interesting thought; but its a long time before China and Russia even together could manage that.

Australia Already owns big chunk of it, other parts belong to the Norway, NZ, Chilie, Argentina and the UK  (france has a slice)

we do have a peremnat settlement down there (given it is a research faciltiy but unlike the other ones it is inhabited all year round)

World kowtows as China cracks down on dissent 9_treaty_map_510
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:54 pm

And Lol at China going the way of Russia, China is the wealth investing in Africa, South America and the Australia. it is out playign the west at it's own game. it is not communist it is it's own economic entitiy that is different the the Left right divide of western economics.

And the standard of living is Skyrocketing in China, it used to Europeans and Japanese that could afford to be tourist here, now it is the Chinese.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:30 pm

Pity they can't make decent products judging by the crap they send over here. They are shit hot at copying goods that other countries make, but a dead loss at making them work properly. And they are going to build us a nuclear power station!!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:49 pm

they are improving.
in part the issue is that your importers are not demanding quality control, you have to pay extra for it.

and like they say "copyright infringement" has no translation in mandarin.

So if you want to teach them to build something properly you have to be in a position where you no longer plan to build it yourself.... that is part of the reason for Australia's good relations with china we have accepted the death of our manufacturing industry, which was really just smoke and mirrors after the USA destroyed it in the 80's and 90's.  Neutral

So we send people over to ensure they do build to the right standards.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:04 pm

nicko wrote:Pity they can't make decent products judging by the crap they send over here.   They are shit hot at copying goods that other countries make,  but a dead loss at making them work properly.   And they are going to build us a nuclear power station!!!

Hi Nicko 

They dohave an impressive record, but this has been nullified of late due to catching up with the west and now where their citizens have more money they will lose out elsewhere to manufacturing. They hold the monopoly at present but people are already coming back tot he uk to manufacture as its now no different to make there and send than it is to make here. China has heavily invested as has the Gulf states in Africa, as this is the next place which will end up being exploited for cheap labour. What myself and Eilzel were speaking about which is very interesting is the possible future for China, which I myself see ending up like Russia with triad/mafia in control of industries. Hence if later this happened with a Russia under another Putin, I see Antarctica being the next pie people go after. Nobody owns any of Antarctica, they have signed a treaty where there is claims to ownership, but only scientific research is allowed to be carried out. That is where the possible future world war 3 may occur over its resources

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:32 pm

lol they are going back to Europe because you are poor now  lol!
we Joke that you can now buy Greek wives like you used to be able to buy Thai ones Razz Razz Razz

you are funny didge
China is the new power, You have no clue you are acting like it is the 90's and China hasn't averaged 7% growth more than double the growth of Europe for 2 decades.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/022415/worlds-top-10-economies.asp

this is why Europe is doomed, you pretend reality isn't here and is yet to come, too slow to react to anything no wonder you move from failure to failure, loss to loss, bleeding wealth and not even acting to staunch the flow. Rolling Eyes
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:09 am

Wer'e doomed, I say, wer'e doooooommmmmeeeed.

[See Dads Army]
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:25 am

WUHAN - China's manufacturing industry is losing out to the United States in terms of its costadvantage, a new report has suggested.
Prices of energy, logistics and some raw materials in China have surpassed those in theUnited States, according to the 2015 China Purchasing Development Report, released onThursday by the China Federation of Logistics and Purchasing. The report said that the United States has slashed its energy costs with exploitation of shalegas, increasing the competitiveness of American manufacturers. "Many raw materials are cheaper in the United States," the report said. "For example, UScotton is 30 percent cheaper than that in China." It also pointed out China's pricedisadvantages with statistics in sectors including logistics and industrial land. Citing a survey by the Boston Consulting group, the report said the cost advantage of China'smanufacturing industry over the United States has plummeted to 4 percent in 2014 from 14percent in 2004.
"If the trend continues, China's cost advantage in manufacturing could be completely wipedout by 2020," the report predicted.
It suggested China steps up innovation and relies on made-in-China equipment and Chinesebrands to sustain growth in the future.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/business/2015-11/13/content_22446414.htm

Why he is on ignore until the end of Feb, mainly as he still continues to make accusations based on nothing I have said.
The latest being a claim on China and the EU, which nobody said on economies.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:03 am

And China is... the millionaires send their kids here to study.
plus they buy innovation off Australia, Singapore and NZ.
And we are all happy to sell since we know we don't have the capacity to develop end-to-end.

China really isn't the economic tyrant it is sometimes made out to be, at least not if you are on it's good side. It demands no more than the UK(in their day) or USA and pays better for the same. As i have said before we are richer as China's Vassal then we ever where before. Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:04 am

the title is Accurate
World kowtows as China cracks down on dissent 919144451 World kowtows as China cracks down on dissent 919144451 World kowtows as China cracks down on dissent 919144451 World kowtows as China cracks down on dissent 919144451
Veya Kowtows to China
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:13 am

nicko wrote:Wer'e doomed,  I say, wer'e doooooommmmmeeeed.

[See Dads Army]

wur doomed

You do know what i am going to imagine you look and sound like now nicko Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:58 am

veya_victaous wrote:lol they are going back to Europe because you are poor now  lol!
we Joke that you can now buy Greek wives like you used to be able to buy Thai ones Razz Razz Razz

you are funny didge
China is the new power, You have no clue you are acting like it is the 90's and China hasn't averaged 7% growth more than double the growth of Europe for 2 decades.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/022415/worlds-top-10-economies.asp

this is why Europe is doomed, you pretend reality isn't here and is yet to come, too slow to react to anything no wonder you move from failure to failure, loss to loss, bleeding wealth and not even acting to staunch the flow. Rolling Eyes

You would be a great asset to UKIP ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by nicko Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:44 pm

You do know that thousands of young Chinese come to Britain every year to futher their education. AND when it's finished the basterds wont go home!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:19 am

nicko wrote:You do know that thousands of young Chinese come to Britain every year to futher their education.   AND when it's finished the basterds wont go home!

You should be happy for that they bring wealth Rolling Eyes
only the rich can leave China Embarassed
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:24 am

Stormee wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:lol they are going back to Europe because you are poor now  lol!

you are funny didge

You would be a great asset to UKIP ...

Mornin all.
We are bleeding wealth and failing to staunch the flow. We are also sheepishly watching without action to stop our island being taken from us.

If anyone can convince me  that I am wrong then please put up your modern day views, not historical garbage.

You should either be kowtowing to the USA fully
OR
Committing to the EU fully, And trying to maximize your advantage from the negotiations.

your island can't maintain it's current position independently, SO you either have to commit to a union or accept Vassal Status to USA, China or Russia.

the Third option is to get poorer and poorer with a lower and lower standard of living. Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down