NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sports stars Tom Daley and Ben Cohen wear ‘gay icon’ aprons for Christmas

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

Sports stars Tom Daley and Ben Cohen wear ‘gay icon’ aprons for Christmas Empty Sports stars Tom Daley and Ben Cohen wear ‘gay icon’ aprons for Christmas

Post by Guest Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:27 pm

Sports stars Tom Daley and Ben Cohen wear ‘gay icon’ aprons for Christmas BcVu45yIIAAQcpc

British Olympic diving star Tom Daley and former England rugby player Ben Cohen have both appeared on social media wearing ‘gay icon’ aprons in their Christmas photos.
Tom Daley, who revealed he is in a relationship with a man earlier this month, shared photographs of his pride-themed Christmas day on Instagram yesterday.
Among pictures of rainbow-tied gifts, and pride-coloured socks, Daley also posed wearing little more than an apron with the title ‘gay icon’:

Sports stars Tom Daley and Ben Cohen wear ‘gay icon’ aprons for Christmas Tom-Daley-wears-rainbow-Gay-Icon-apron-2959443-1

He captioned the image: “Running theme for today haha…thanks aunty Marie Razz.”
In a five-minute YouTube video, the British diving bronze medallist, and star of ITV’s Splash, revealed that he had been in a relationship with a man since Spring 2013. Notably, he specifically chose not to use a label to describe his sexuality, but said it was “love at first sight”, when he met his boyfriend.
Also donning the same apron for Christmas dinner was Rugby star Ben Cohen, who is an outspoken straight ally for LGBT rights.

Sports stars Tom Daley and Ben Cohen wear ‘gay icon’ aprons for Christmas BcVu45yIIAAQcpc1

He posted the image onto Twitter yesterday with the caption: “Wearing my apron with Pride whilst cooking Christmas dinner!”
The 35-year-old founded the Ben Cohen StandUp Foundation in 2011 to fight homophobic bullying.
Earlier this year he attended National Student Pride 2013 to speak out on homophobia in football, saying: “There are many other sports which don’t have that problem. People in the Premiership don’t treat their fellow players with respect.
“There is no respect for the referee. He doesn’t have any power on the pitch and you have to talk to the top of the game to get that sorted out. Then you feed that through to the grassroots level.”

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/12/26/sports-stars-tom-daley-and-ben-cohen-wear-gay-icon-aprons-for-christmas/

cheers  Good to see that Tom seems to be becoming an important activist much like his boyfriend.

Back to top Go down

Sports stars Tom Daley and Ben Cohen wear ‘gay icon’ aprons for Christmas Empty Re: Sports stars Tom Daley and Ben Cohen wear ‘gay icon’ aprons for Christmas

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:07 am

Good morning Folks.

What brilliant news this is as like the rest of the human population including all animal life,I dearly wanted to know Daley's sexual preferences.

Perhaps NASA should launch another of those Voyager probes into space with full details of Tom Daley's sexuality & his apron.

Humanity truly has been saved.

Back to top Go down

Sports stars Tom Daley and Ben Cohen wear ‘gay icon’ aprons for Christmas Empty Re: Sports stars Tom Daley and Ben Cohen wear ‘gay icon’ aprons for Christmas

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:46 am

What makes him an important activist and why is this good Mr Catman?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:06 pm

Shady wrote:Good morning Folks.

What brilliant news this is as like the rest of the human population including all animal life,I dearly wanted to know Daley's sexual preferences.

Perhaps NASA should launch another of those Voyager probes into space with full details of Tom Daley's sexuality & his apron.

Im with you Shady. I couldnt care less, when you think what is happening in the world, what self indulgent nonsense this is

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:57 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:What makes him an important activist and why is this good Mr Catman?

There is still a lot of homophobia around and especially in sport at football grounds etc where homophobic chanting goes on for instance when Brighton play.

Players are still afraid to come out which is completely wrong.

Young gay teenagers need positive gay role models so that they realize that it's OK to be gay and if they want to get into professional sports it's OK to come out at the start.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:00 pm

NemsAgain wrote:

Im with you Shady. I couldnt care less, when you think what is happening in the world, what self indulgent nonsense this is

Sticking by the homophobes again i see  Twisted Evil 

Also if Tom hadn't come out rags like the Daily Mail would have eventually outed him and accused him of lying about his sexuality.

Shows how much you know....Absolutely nothing as usual.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Catman wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Also if Tom hadn't come out rags like the Daily Mail would have eventually outed him and accused him of lying about his sexuality.

I did know
I still dont care
I have said it before, I long for the time when it is irrelevant, because it should be.

Sticking by the homophobes?! Bollocks
According to you any one who doesnt own a copy of 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert' and know all the words to 'I am what I am' is a bloody homophobe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:31 pm

NemsAgain wrote:
Catman wrote:

I did know
I still dont care
I have said it before, I long for the time when it is irrelevant, because it should be.

According to you any one who doesnt own a copy of 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert' and know all the words to 'I am what I am' is a bloody homophobe

You don't care but others do.

Tom is carrying out a very important role which you fail to understand.

I don't own a copy of 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert' so wrong again  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:27 pm

NemsAgain wrote:

Good afternoon Nems.

I'm certainly no prude when it comes to matters of the flesh including sexuality but I just am not interested in what sexuality Daley is.

Why are we being given this information? When we receive the information,what are we supposed to do with it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:34 pm

Catman wrote:
NemsAgain wrote:

Catty,you're no more gay than I am.You simply don't know what to do with a woman so you pretend to despise them when in fact,if you'd taken time getting to know their bodies & minds instead of clumsily fumbling around with them like an octopus on blob,you'd realize that they are quite nice.

I've always doubted your homosexuality claim because you don't speak or sound like a gay guy.You sound like a nasty little fucker who hates women because you're inadequate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:39 pm

Yawn.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:45 pm

Catman wrote:Yawn.

And you're a gay basher.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:49 am

NemsAgain wrote:
Catman wrote:

I did know
I still dont care

It's a great tune though that can easily be found on youtube  Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down