NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conan Shows Us That Main Stream Media Is Scripted

2 posters

Go down

Conan Shows Us That Main Stream Media Is Scripted Empty Conan Shows Us That Main Stream Media Is Scripted

Post by Lurker Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:18 pm

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83754317/
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Conan Shows Us That Main Stream Media Is Scripted Empty Re: Conan Shows Us That Main Stream Media Is Scripted

Post by Guest Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:07 pm

That's scarey! Robots of the world unite lol

Back to top Go down

Conan Shows Us That Main Stream Media Is Scripted Empty Re: Conan Shows Us That Main Stream Media Is Scripted

Post by Guest Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:30 pm

The banks won't need very many staff soon, it's all going to computerized.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:58 am

This is how you fire thousands of journalists and still make it look like you're reporting the news rather than what is called "rip and read":

DAN SCHILLINGER: Yeah, I can’t speak for the other stations but, obviously, we all subscribe to various news services. We subscribe to the Associated Press, we subscribe to a service from NBC. This story was a CNN story and CNN sent out the copy with the, the joke, and we all copied and pasted it. And I think what’s happened over the last few years, as we keep asking producers and writers to do more and more work but we don't devote any more resources, so they’re forced to kind of find shortcuts, and one of the easiest shortcuts is I’m just gonna copy and paste this story that was sent to me and drop it into my newscast.

BOB GARFIELD: Look, no animals were harmed in the making of that segment. No viewer was exactly misled. But you don't like “rip ‘n read,” why?

DAN SCHILLINGER: I remember distinctly the first time they brought a computer into my newsroom and somebody showed me how easy it was to copy and paste an AP story and drop it into my newscast, and my immediate thought was, oh my God, I’ve just cut 50 percent of my work time. And then after doing it for a while, I realized, oh, this is a bad thing. [LAUGHS] Journalists are supposed to write, not copy and paste.

http://www.onthemedia.org/story/yeah-baby-yeah-baby-yeah-baby/transcript/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down