NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-BDS bill introduced in California legislature

2 posters

Go down

Anti-BDS bill introduced in California legislature Empty Anti-BDS bill introduced in California legislature

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:35 pm

LOS ANGELES (JTA) – A bill aiming to counter the anti-Israel Boycott, Sanctions and Divestment movement, or BDS, was introduced in the California State Legislature. The measure introduced Monday forbids the state government from contracting with companies “engaging in boycotts based on race, color, religion, gender or nationality.” Travis Allen, a Republican assemblyman, in introducing the bill said that “boycotts of entities and individuals affiliated with specific countries can amount to ethnic, religious, racial and/or national origin discrimination.”
“No group better demonstrates this fact than the BDS movement, whose use of false, demonizing and delegitimizing propaganda against the State of Israel has become a pretext for the expression of anti-Jewish bigotry,” said Allen, of Huntington Beach in Southern California’s Orange County.
Allen added that the bill “ensures that California won’t support businesses that actively seek to undermine our mutually beneficial trading relationships, based on prejudice.”
Last year, the legislatures of South Carolina and Illinois approved similar bills.

http://www.jta.org/2016/01/05/news-opinion/united-states/anti-bds-bill-introduced-in-california-legislature

Its true, the BBS is nothing more than a racist organisation, that ignores the worst human rights abuses around the world.

Back to top Go down

Anti-BDS bill introduced in California legislature Empty Re: Anti-BDS bill introduced in California legislature

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:54 pm

Gd. Luck. Orange County Republicans are themselves a racist organization, supporting slavery, peonage, segregation and racial murder. Assemblyman Allen has a tough row to hoe.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Anti-BDS bill introduced in California legislature Empty Re: Anti-BDS bill introduced in California legislature

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:51 pm

Original Quill wrote:Gd. Luck.  Orange County Republicans are themselves a racist organization, supporting slavery, peonage, segregation and racial murder.  Assemblyman Allen has a tough row to hoe.

Wow.....

Really?
Where is the latest bill supporting slavery in California?
Racial murder bill?

Look I do not back Reublicans, but your reply was just as asburd as those who wish to discrminate against Israel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:03 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Gd. Luck.  Orange County Republicans are themselves a racist organization, supporting slavery, peonage, segregation and racial murder.  Assemblyman Allen has a tough row to hoe.

Wow.....

Really?
Where is the latest bill supporting slavery in California?
Racial murder bill?

Look I do not back Reublicans, but your reply was just as asburd as those who wish to discrminate against Israel.

Orange County Republicans have spread out.  Try Texas, Ohio, or Virginia, where they are trying to pass voter restriction laws limiting black votes, under Republican legislatures and governorships.

Although Orange County is the place were such retrograde Republicanism was born, California as a whole doesn't go for it.  It is regional.

Israel, by Netanyahu siding with RWism in America, has brought it upon themselves. Allen has a piss-all chance of succeeding, that's all I'm saying.

Last edited by Original Quill on Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:04 pm

Do not need to try anything, your claim is poor, as I see no bills proposed Quill

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:07 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:Do not need to try anything, your claim is poor, as I see no bills proposed Quill

...and none will succeed. My point exactly.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:08 pm

You mean you have offered none.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:16 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:You mean you have offered none.

I mean American politics is a bit too complex for you to understand...especially in one of those marathon threads you support.  Your guy, Allen, comes from Orange County, origin of the Goldwater movement, which created a critical election in 1964, radically changing Republican politics forever.

Republican conservatism has long since moved on, and we now have the Tea Party (started in MA), and Donald Trump (from NYC, of all places), all derived in one way or another from 1964.  California in particular has uniformly kicked the Republican conservative ass profoundly...but, look, they keep trying in Orange County.  Lol.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:19 pm

I have an A'Level in Politics which includes American, so do not throb me off with even more absurd claims.
I understand very well how the lefty thinks and how they even worse try to pontificate and end up with egg on their face

Again show me the bills you claimed were in effect from Republicans?

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:04 am

It's not an anti-BDS bill. In fact the BDS movement are not even mentioned in it. And it doesn't mention engaging in boycotts based on race, color, religion, gender or nationality either because if it did then why would it only apply to Israel and not any other country?

Maybe that was in the pre-amble but it certainly isn't in the bill presented for its first reading.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down