NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

vets

4 posters

Go down

vets Empty vets

Post by nicko Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:50 pm

I took my young cat, Mitzie, to the Vets this morning to be "chipped" and to get her Flea treated' The bill came to a total of £34-67. what a rip off! When I first had her she had a severe case of the runs, first visit to vet cost £60 with medication, did not cure her. Vet said he'd send a sample of faeces to a place who carry out full investigation witch would cost £80 non returnable.Sample sent off, week later informed nothing wrong found. In meantime she got better. I then had the usual vacinations.[the cat, not me] another £50. Any one else think vets are ripping us off?

nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

vets Empty Re: vets

Post by Raggamuffin Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:59 pm

nicko wrote:I took my young cat,  Mitzie, to the Vets this morning to be "chipped" and to get her Flea treated'    The bill came to a total of £34-67. what a rip off!   When I first had her she had a severe case of the runs,  first visit to vet cost £60 with medication, did not cure her. Vet said he'd send a sample of faeces to a place who carry out full investigation witch would cost £80 non returnable.Sample sent off, week later informed nothing wrong found. In meantime she got better.   I then had the usual vacinations.[the cat, not me] another £50.   Any one else think vets are ripping us off?    

They're very expensive, that's for sure. If anyone gets a pet they should make sure they know how much it costs to take them to the vet.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
nicko wrote:I took my young cat,  Mitzie, to the Vets this morning to be "chipped" and to get her Flea treated'    The bill came to a total of £34-67. what a rip off!   When I first had her she had a severe case of the runs,  first visit to vet cost £60 with medication, did not cure her. Vet said he'd send a sample of faeces to a place who carry out full investigation witch would cost £80 non returnable.Sample sent off, week later informed nothing wrong found. In meantime she got better.   I then had the usual vacinations.[the cat, not me] another £50.   Any one else think vets are ripping us off?    

They're very expensive, that's for sure. If anyone gets a pet they should make sure they know how much it costs to take them to the vet.

I once had a dog that had kidney problems, paid $2,000 for the surgery. I never regretted it though, because he lived another seven years after that.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by nicko Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:46 am

Good lord Stormee, Tramadol is very strong, I have taken it for years,50mg tabs. You took a big risk giving it to a dog.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:03 am

Stormee wrote:Vets do rip us off big time but we pay up because we luv our pets.

Our dorta had 2 BIG dogs and took out insurance when they were pups until they died, both about 12 years of age.
The insurance cost either £50 per month each dog or £50 for both dogs per month, forgot which.
She picked the vet of her choice and the insurance always paid up, not one time did they try it on to renege.
Incidentally her vet was the son of a surgeon who operated on me when I was young man.
Back to the vet, he would come to the house and lay on the kitchen floor with the dogs by the wood burner and examine them, nowt was too much trouble, he gave confidence and knew his job, extremely satisfied.

3 years went by and she bought two 3 years old dogs and found you could virtually buy a bleeding house for the insurance premiums as both dogs had a dodgy medical history which was not disclosed when she bought them.
The upshot is, she still has the same marvellous vet but the charges are about the same as a human heart transplant operation, robbin bleeduz.

Sadly both dogs are getting on a bit now and the big is quite poorly, the vet has given him pills but they have not helped his arthritis, the dog I mean, lol.
Anyway, giving big dog half of a Tramadol has worked wonders for his pain relief, food for thought if your pooch has pain.

Best of luck.

My dog (the same one who had the surgery) got glucosamine/chondroitin tabs and aspirin (low dose) later in life, and that seemed to help a lot. For what it's worth.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down