NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.

+4
Tommy Monk
Original Quill
eddie
Major
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.  Empty Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:22 pm

They say they want to repay the kindness shown to them.
Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.  CXaC3l4WMAAxZv6

Syrian refugees join fight against floods in Rochdale
Residents are glad to receive help as they clean up after flooding but see little point in protecting ruined homes against more heavy rain

Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.  5760
Syrian refugees (in hi-vis vests) help local residents fill and distribute sandbags in Littleborough, Greater Manchester.

Four days after the worst floods anyone in Rochdale can remember, the town was gearing up for the next torrent after forecasters predicted yet more heavy rain. Everyone was playing their part. A group of Syrian refugees from Manchester had even pitched up ready to help, and were put to work shovelling sand into sandbags, in the car park of the Conservative club in Littleborough.

“We saw the pictures on TV and wanted to help,” said Yasser al-Jassem, 35, a teacher who came to Britain in the back of a lorry from Calais in May. “The people of Greater Manchester have been very good to us and so we wanted to offer our help to them.”

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/dec/29/everyone-mucks-in-rochdale-prepares-next-deluge-flooding

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.  Empty Re: Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:41 pm

Oh do shut up, just because you are a racist numpty, terrified of your own shadow, doesn't mean the rest of us are.

Back to top Go down

Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.  Empty Re: Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.

Post by eddie Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:04 pm

They're helping, that's nice storm.
It's more than I'm doing...?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:19 pm

Stormee wrote:
sassy wrote:Oh do shut up, just because you are a racist numpty, terrified of your own shadow, doesn't mean the rest of us are.

'You' sound like one of this country's professional lefty scroungers yourself who takes takes takes and puts nowt into our kitty.
I bet you would not give them the steam from your tea.

You will regret going against the better interest of this country.

The likes of yourself are the enemy of out nation, shame on you..

And you sound like a braindead racist who has never set foot outside his street and is terrified of anything 'different', who is actually totally unitelligent, but thinks that being 'British' makes him better than anyone else. 

I won't have any need to regret anything, apart from wishing that people with your opinion did not contaminate decent society.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if this was you:

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:36 am

I think you should bless those you help you. Wonderful!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:58 am

Looks like a staged load of old bollocks to me...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:33 pm

funny old game innit

I havnt had a drink since these storms struck, since I may be called on at any time to help as part of raynet
i havnt been out of range of my mobile or home phone

I have my gear on stand by 24/7

do you ever see raynet mentioned?
any mention of the dozens who are on 24/7 standby?

do any of you even know what raynet is, let alone of its existence??

but hey a few LOCAL syrians get stuck in and its "NEWS"  Rolling Eyes  (READ...propaganda)

Last edited by Lord Foul on Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:36 pm

Lord Foul wrote:funny old game innit

I havnt had a drink since these storms struck, since I may be called on at any time to help as part of raynet

but hey a few LOCAL sterians get stuck in and its "NEWS"  Rolling Eyes  (READ...propaganda)

Actually Vic, I've posted threads where the mountain rescue teams were included and saying they pay a vital part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:39 pm

Stuck in..?

Is completely made up bollocks!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:41 pm

sassy wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:funny old game innit

but hey a few LOCAL sterians get stuck in and its "NEWS"  Rolling Eyes  (READ...propaganda)

Actually Vic, I've posted threads where the mountain rescue teams were included and saying they pay a vital part.

so you DONT know what raynet is....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Why would anyone who wasn't part of amateur radio Vic?  Do you advertise in anything but amateur radio magazines etc?  I know you are part of mountain rescue aren't you (or were you?).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:01 pm

Wow they helped fill some sandbags, not sure that is going to pay all the tax payers money given to them by a couple of hours work.
Big fat deal, when they get accepted if and when they do and get jobs, then they can be seen to be paying back,]This is nothing more than a publicity stunt to garner favour

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:06 pm

sassy wrote:Why would anyone who wasn't part of amateur radio Vic?  Do you advertise in anything but amateur radio magazines etc?  I know you are part of mountain rescue aren't you (or were you?).

was part of mountain rescue (till me bones started playing up)

no raynet doesnt advertise, but neither do we ever get a mention when we attend these things, despite working 20 hr shifts in atrocious conditions, and existing on bacon butties coffee and choccy bars....

we just turn up, do our thing and quietly go again.....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:09 pm

Richard The Lionheart wrote:Wow they helped fill some sandbags, not sure that is going to pay all the tax payers money given to them by a couple of hours work.
Big fat deal, when they get accepted if and when they do and get jobs, then they can be seen to be paying back,]This is nothing more than a publicity stunt to garner favour

See - it's Smelly lol.   And you know full well, because you used to post it, refugees are not allowed to get jobs until a decision is made. 

And you used to post the truth, like this from Salford Council.

Asylum seekers: some myths and truths...

Separating the myth from the truth on asylum seekers

The myth: Asylum seekers jump the queue when it comes to admission to schools and harm the education of local children
The truth: The children of asylum seekers are subject to the same admission rules as any other resident of Salford. In other words, consideration is given to medical need, whether the child has a brother or sister at the school and how close the child lives to the school.

The myth: Asylum seekers come to Britain and are immediately given free homes and full benefits
The truth: They are not allowed to claim mainstream welfare benefits. Asylum seekers benefits are paid by central government's National Asylum Support Service (NASS) and not from local council taxes, this is to cover their accommodation and support costs. A national report of asylum seekers and refugees, revealed 85% experience hunger, 95% cannot afford to buy clothes or shoes and 80% are not able to maintain good health.

The myth: Asylum seekers are a drain on the economy
The truth: After initial barriers such as the ability to speak English and the recognition of overseas qualifications are overcome, refugees can make a valuable contribution as professionals, tax payers and as active members of their local community.

The myth: Asylum seekers are illegal immigrants
The truth: Asylum seekers are not illegal immigrants. An illegal immigrant is a person who arrives in the new country and has either NOT made themselves known to the authorities OR stayed in the country longer than they were authorised. Whereas an asylum seeker has made themselves known to the authorities and have been fingerprinted, photographed and security checked. They are then allowed to legally stay until their case is assessed.

The myth: Nine out of ten asylum seekers are bogus
The truth: Unfortunately, as with all systems, some people will try to pull a fast one. However the UK has a very tough system for asylum seekers. Asylum seekers need to provide credible evidence of their situation and proof of their persecution when fleeing their country. Because the system is tough, the majority get their application refused. This could be because they did not have their personal dossier of evidence in order or they had inefficient legal representation, but it does not mean the Home Office caught them out as a trickster.

The myth: Asylum seekers are linked to rising crime
The truth: In every community there are always a few members that ruin it for the rest and asylum seekers or refugees are no exception. However, in 2001 a report published by the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) confirmed that there is no evidence for a higher rate of criminality among refugees and asylum seekers. Asylum seekers are less likely to commit major crimes than British citizens, as this would affect their asylum application. In fact they are more likely to become victims of crime in the UK.

The myth: Britain is a refugee magnet
The truth: According to estimates by the United Nations, the UK only hosts 3% of the global refugee population. By the end of 2005 the UK ranked seventh in the world in terms of the numbers of refugees it hosts. The majority of people seeking asylum end up in the country next to their own. For example, Pakistan host the highest number of refugees and asylum seekers (1,085,000), as it borders troubled countries such as Afghanistan or Iran.

The myth: Asylum seekers are given priority over other council tenants for properties
The truth: Asylum seekers are NOT entitled to council housing. Accommodation and support for people seeking asylum is provided by a private organisation under contract with the Home Office. In this region the organisation is Serco. All costs are met by central government. Once people seeking asylum have been granted leave to remain in the UK they have the same rights as other citizens and will have to queue up on the council housing waiting list.

The myth: There simply isn't enough room in Salford to accommodate asylum seekers
The truth: The number of asylum seekers allocated to Salford is less than 0.5% of the population. Refugees can make a valuable contribution to Salford both economically and culturally.

The myth: Aren't they stealing our jobs?
The truth: People that are waiting for a decision on their asylum application are not allowed to work. A lot had highly skilled jobs in their countries such as doctors, social workers, journalists, etc. However when they are granted leave to remain and are allowed to work, they usually do not find employment at the same level. They are usually employed in services and industries where there are skills shortages.

Case study

James, an engineer form Zimbabwe, fled his country with his children because he feared for their lives. The father of two was repeatedly attacked by President Mugabe's henchmen over a three year period for his involvement with an opposition party. He said: "A mob came to my house, poured paraffin over me and made me march around the yard naked shouting party slogans in front of my children. They threatened to strike a match."
James now lives in Salford as an asylum seeker anxiously awaiting a decision on his claim. He is not permitted to work but has studied Access to Medicine, Pharmacy and Dentistry and is coming to terms with his traumatic experience

https://www.salford.gov.uk/asylum-myths.htm

I dub thee DidgeSmell, arise Sir DidgeSmell, Lord of the U Turns and King of Morph.

Last edited by sassy on Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:10 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
sassy wrote:Why would anyone who wasn't part of amateur radio Vic?  Do you advertise in anything but amateur radio magazines etc?  I know you are part of mountain rescue aren't you (or were you?).

was part of mountain rescue (till me bones started playing up)

no raynet doesnt advertise, but neither do we ever get a mention when we attend these things, despite working 20 hr shifts in atrocious conditions, and existing on bacon butties coffee and choccy bars....

we just turn up, do our thing and quietly go again.....

Then you should be included in the thanks Vic, especially at your advanced age lol geek

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:14 pm

No idea what prompted the answer s that sassy gave a have no relevance to my point but they will not give back until working and again this is nothing more than a publicity stunt by the Guardian.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:20 pm

I wouldnt be surprised if the guardian had not rounded a few randon "foreign looking " types up, whipped em up there for a photo shoot and then took em home.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:21 pm

If you have been helping, you should know of the large number of Muslim organisation that have been helping all over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:22 pm

Lord Foul wrote:I wouldnt be surprised if the guardian had not rounded a few randon "foreign looking " types up, whipped em up there for a photo shoot and then took em home.....

My point exactly.
Again once they have been given refugee status they can then work and contribute which is where the stats sassy showed. If she thinks those waiting assylum contribute she is a first rate plonker as they are not allowed to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:23 pm

Some guardian that's have paid a quick visit to travis perkins and bought some sand some hi vis and shovels and completely set this up for a story!

Anyone who can't see this is a gullible fool!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:23 pm

sassy wrote:If you have been helping, you should know of the large number of Muslim organisation that have been helping all over.

Oh so its about Muslims now not refugees?
Sorry is this you trying to manipulate people by showing good deeds by Muslims?
I think people are well aware many Muslims do good deeds, its the substancial amount of Muslims at odds with our way of life that people are concerned about. which you wish to ignore at every turn

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:25 pm

sassy wrote:If you have been helping, you should know of the large number of Muslim organisation that have been helping all over.

I havnt said I have been there....

I'm on permanent 24/7 stand by, in case the nearer regional groups require relief staff

I'm 2 regions away....

but no booze and always connected to my mobile (which I hate)

and how would you know aside from the propaganda mags you read???
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:27 pm

Muslims Helping With UK Flood Response But Britain First And EDL Nowhere To Be Seen

Britain First.
Putting Britain First.
Or so you'd think. But these pictures appear to paint a very different picture.

Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.  V8y7JMqm_biggerAMYA UK@MKA_UK
Our youth are assisting in local communities affected by #Flooding, doing the best they can. #MuslimsForHumanity
Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.  CXMfHWlWwAAvgXk
Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.  CXMfHXHWAAAE-Dc
Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.  CXMfHa_WQAAcKb_

Groups such as the Ahmadiyya Muslim Youth Association (AMYA) have been active in areas affected by the flooding in Lancashire, Yorkshire and Cumbria.

Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.  Y_pM0TmX_biggerCllr Jamie Walker@JamieLeonWalker
Thank you to the @MKA_UK Muslim Youth Association who have turned out in mass to help out around Radcliffe.
Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.  CXTxZApWsAAHkRz

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/12/28/Muslims-flooding-britain-first-english-defence-league_n_8886142.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:30 pm

Whoopdeedo
Do you think only Muslims have been helping?
Or is nobody else in deserving of credit accept Muslims to you Sassy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:32 pm

Everyone who has been helping deserves credit, nobody said any different.

Arise Sir DidgeSmell, you are surpassing yourself in proving it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:33 pm

Stormee wrote:Are you a muslum? Sassy

Same old, same old.  Told you belore, I'm Pagan and a cititizen of the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:34 pm

Yes everyone deserves credit but you seem to think only the sun shines out of Muslims arses for when they help, when all should be given recognition for the help they do. The point is you make it out as if its a big deal that Muslims do help, when they are British and thus should help.
Its not a major story as people would expect them to do so.
You think it merits more than anyone else which is utterly insulting to all others who help, as it matters not whet religion, ethnicity they are, but that they do help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:36 pm

Did Smelly write that for you?

I think they need THE SAME credit, unfortunately people like you try and pretend that don't give the same help to communities as everyone else.

Last edited by sassy on Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:36 pm

yeah ....and?

what about the countless...yest countless church groups that have helped, what about the countless non secular groups, or even the "non group" groups....like our village that sent 5 big van loads of toys, bedding etc up to cumbria before christmas?

whi is it only "news" when a few Muslims get stuck in for a change

I mean ...all credit to them and all that BUT......it AINT news......or else the fact is that its news becasue generally they are not a help to society and this is exceptional????

Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.  2190311264 Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.  2190311264

is this situation merely a good PR oportunity for them?
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:37 pm

sassy wrote:Did Smelly write that for you?

I think they need THE SAME credit, unfortunately people like you try and pretend that don't give the same about to communities as everyone else.

Immature deflection, try again

Yes everyone deserves credit but you seem to think only the sun shines out of Muslims arses for when they help, when all should be given recognition for the help they do. The point is you make it out as if its a big deal that Muslims do help, when they are British and thus should help.
Its not a major story as people would expect them to do so.
You think it merits more than anyone else which is utterly insulting to all others who help, as it matters not whet religion, ethnicity they are, but that they do help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:42 pm

Lord Foul wrote:yeah ....and?

what about the countless...yest countless church groups that have helped, what about the countless non secular groups, or even the "non group" groups....like our village that sent 5 big van loads of toys, bedding etc up to cumbria before christmas?

I mean ...all credit to them and all that BUT......it AINT news......or else the fact is that its news becasue generally they are not a help to society  and this is exceptional????

Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.  2190311264 Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.  2190311264

It's not for a change, they always do, you always ignore it, or denigrate it as you are doing at the moment. 

And apart from this: https://www.churchtimes.co.uk/articles/2015/18-december/news/uk/volunteers-and-the-army-rally-round-to-help-flood-victims

which is mostly about the army and a particular church, I couldn't find any information on church groups going up to help.   They might be trying to raise funds etc within their own Church groups, I know about them, but they are not physically going up to help.  The Sikhs are, they are providing food in many locations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:45 pm

Stormee wrote:It is deffo staged managed.

Spose Sassy believes they brought the sand here in their pockets.

Stormee, that was stupid even for you.  Sand is supplied by emergency services and tipped for volunteers to fill bags.  Still no sign of the EDL or Britain First, not a one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:47 pm

sassy wrote:

I mean ...all credit to them and all that BUT......it AINT news......or else the fact is that its news becasue generally they are not a help to society  and this is exceptional????

It's not for a change, they always do, you always ignore it, or denigrate it as you are doing at the moment. 

they always do , do they like what?

oh I've seen where they run the odd soup kitchen and such like...great...but so do many others....THEY ARE NOT EXCEPTIONAL and news worthy

Its shameless propaganda

And apart from this: https://www.churchtimes.co.uk/articles/2015/18-december/news/uk/volunteers-and-the-army-rally-round-to-help-flood-victims

which is mostly about the army and a particular church, I couldn't find any information on church groups going up to help.   They might be trying to raise funds etc within their own Church groups, I know about them, but they are not physically going up to help.  The Sikhs are, they are providing food in many locations.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:49 pm

Those are travis perkins bags and all the shovels and hi vis are brand new too!

See the only other people around are the photographers...

Total set up!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:49 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:
Stormee wrote:It is deffo staged managed.

I believe the point Sassy is making is: Where is Britain First, BNP or the EDL? They have armies of followers around the country and yet they seem to do what they do best: play the victim.

probably there right amongst the services helping....not that they would dare to wear a fluo with BNP or EDL on it since folks like sassy would start throwing rocks at them
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:51 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:

I believe the point Sassy is making is: Where is Britain First, BNP or the EDL? They have armies of followers around the country and yet they seem to do what they do best: play the victim.

probably there right amongst the services helping....not that they would dare to wear a fluo with BNP or EDL on it since folks like sassy would start throwing rocks at them

Haven't read anything so funny in a long time, surpassed yourself Victor lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:55 pm

sassy wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

Haven't read anything so funny in a long time, surpassed yourself Victor lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Syrian refugees helping fill sandbags in Rochdale today.  1716015268
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:57 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:

Does the one receiving aid give a shit if it's a PR stunt?

Perhaps you would reject help just because you think it's a stunt? Personally, I'd smile for the cameras and shake their hand. Anything to get my house back to a home.

Hardly the point Fuzzy.....

I'm more concerned with the poor gullible minds of the lefty luvvies exposed to such shameful propaganda....

folks would think these Muslims were the ONLY people there helping....

Last edited by Lord Foul on Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:00 pm

Would be interesting to see exactly where and when the pictures were taken...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next