NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A tragic event happened at Saughton Astro Edinburgh on Sunday 22nd December 2013

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

A tragic event happened at Saughton Astro Edinburgh on Sunday 22nd December 2013 Empty A tragic event happened at Saughton Astro Edinburgh on Sunday 22nd December 2013

Post by Irn Bru Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:24 pm

a young boy playing for the Under 14s, Jamie Skinner, playing the game he loved, lost his life on the pitch.

In an innocuous event during the game Jamie collapsed and despite the valiant attempts of everyone at the game, and the ambulance service, attempts to revive him were sadly in vain.

Although Jamie was new to our Tynecastle family, he had up until recently been playing for Hearts, he was a prospect that un-doubtly would have had a bright future in the game. No words can fully express our grief and dismay at seeing this happen, we can only pass on all our thoughts and prayers to friends and family and hope they will get some strength from the out pouring of love and support from everyone.

Everyone at Tynecastle is in total shock at what has happened, and we are sure the youth football community will join with us in also thinking of all the players, coaches and supporters at the game who witnessed this sad event, and the club also thanks everyone who tried to assist.

As a mark of respect all Tynecastle teams will hold a minutes silence before their next game.

http://www.tynecastlefc.co.uk/newsstory.php?nid=488

This is truly awful news that a young boy should die playing the sport he loved. It's enough to want to make me cry. My lads and grandsons all played football on that very pitch and I can only imagine what the pain must be like for his family and those watching the game.

RIP to the young lad and condolences to his family

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down