NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miss Universe is crowned.....wrongly.

+2
Original Quill
Syl
6 posters

Go down

Miss Universe is crowned.....wrongly. Empty Miss Universe is crowned.....wrongly.

Post by Syl Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:00 pm

Awkward..... silent

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35149195
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Miss Universe is crowned.....wrongly. Empty Re: Miss Universe is crowned.....wrongly.

Post by Original Quill Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:58 pm

Syl wrote:Awkward..... silent

AL News wrote:Trump and NBC have co-owned the Miss Universe Organization since 2012. In June, however, NBC announced it was severing ties with Trump, who also starred in the network's popular reality show, "The Apprentice," over controversial statements he made about immigration and building a wall to keep Mexicans out of the U.S.

Trump has the King Midas touch, doesn't he? Everything he touches goes to hell. And the polls go up...Lol.

Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Miss Universe is crowned.....wrongly. Empty Re: Miss Universe is crowned.....wrongly.

Post by Irn Bru Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:03 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Awkward..... silent

AL News wrote:Trump and NBC have co-owned the Miss Universe Organization since 2012. In June, however, NBC announced it was severing ties with Trump, who also starred in the network's popular reality show, "The Apprentice," over controversial statements he made about immigration and building a wall to keep Mexicans out of the U.S.

Trump has the King Midas touch, doesn't he?  Everything he touches goes to hell.  And the polls go up...Lol.

Laughing

Stop it Quill -you're cracking me up.

lol!
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:56 pm

He's on a mission....
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:59 pm

Saw it on TV news.  Think beauty contests are pretty stupid, but that poor girl!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:02 pm

I quite like beauty contests. How embarrassing for poor Miss Columbia. The mistake wasn't discovered immediately either - she had already been crowned and given flowers. I gather that she was quite gracious about it afterwards - good for her.

It reminds me of the Eurovision "Making your Mind Up" cock up in 2007 when Terry Wogan declared Cyndi the winner at exactly the same time that Fearne Cotton declared that Scooch had won. At least that got sorted within seconds though.  Laughing

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:23 pm

Ms. Colombia is now suing the pageant. Annnnd...the country of Colombia is declaring that she is the winner.

Both women are quite beautiful...and I'm sure most talented. But sharing the crown would detract from Miss Philippines, through no fault of her own.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:47 pm

Ooops!

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:14 pm

That's even worse than the Miss Universe one....she made a speech and everything. Shocked
Embarassing though it is for the presenter it's a lot worse for the poor girl who has her crown/title whipped away so publicly..... both girls handled it well though.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:37 am

Syl wrote:That's even worse than the Miss Universe one....she made a speech and everything. Shocked
Embarassing though it is for the presenter it's a lot worse for the poor girl who has her crown/title whipped away so publicly..... both girls handled it well though.

They are big girls. Kelsey: It's OK.

Amanda: Um...yeaaa. cheers

Razz

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:41 am

It was awful wasn't it? I think I cringed much more than Kelsey did - she was very cool about it. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:32 am

I think what was bad about the Miss Universe mistake is the way Steve Harvey handled it.

He came back on and said he had to apologise to the audience, and Miss Colombia had no idea what he was about to say. He didn't even bother to look at her, he just announced she was runner up and announced the real winner. Couldn't he have taken her to one side and given her some warning of what he was about to say?

Miss Colombia had no idea what to do after that so she just stood there.  Then all he was bothered about was explaining how he got it wrong, and didn't give a stuff about how poor Miss Colombia must have been feeling. Then he had the nerve to ask the audience not to blame the ladies for the mistake!

What an idiot.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:23 pm

I have never heard of Steve Harvey and you are right, he made a horrible situation (that he caused) 10 times worse by the way he handled it.
Miss Columbia is now apparently suing.....don't blame her tbh, she must have felt totally humiliated in front of millions of viewers.

http://www.manilatimes.net/colombia-to-sue-pageant-organizers/235841/
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:34 pm

Syl wrote:I have never heard of Steve Harvey and you are right, he made a horrible situation (that he caused) 10 times worse by the way he handled it.
Miss Columbia is now apparently suing.....don't blame her tbh, she must have felt totally humiliated in front of millions of viewers.

http://www.manilatimes.net/colombia-to-sue-pageant-organizers/235841/

I've read that she's been very gracious about it, but that the Colombians are very upset about it and are almost refusing to accept the mistake.

I do feel for the poor lady. Some might say that it's a trivial thing, but to be humiliated in that manner must have been horrible. Imagine standing there in all your glory with everyone cheering, and then some idiot bloke strolls on and says you shouldn't be there! I think she thought he was going to make a joke or something when he said he must apologise - she laughed when he said that until she realised what he meant.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:50 pm

I don't think it's a trivial thing at all Rags. These competitions are huge business and are watched globally by millions...of people.
It can be the start of a big career for the girl who wins, and she can make a fortune.

But apart from all that it was so humiliating, I imagine even the most confident girl would have felt incredibly embarrassed.
She did handle it well on the outside, inside I bet she was crying.

I felt a bit sorry  for the eventual winner too, she was obviously elated but couldn't really show it, and the poor girl who had to take the crown off Miss Columbias head and plonk it on Miss Philippines....whilst Harvey gabbled on and ignored everything that was happening behind him.

The bit at the end where he said "please don't hold it against the ladies"!!!....as if anyone could blame anyone but him.Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:51 pm

I wonder if Miss USA is quite pleased she only came third - at least she was off the stage at the awful moment! rabbit
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:54 pm

She looked disappointed when it was announced she was third, I bet afterwards she thanked her lucky stars.

I did think Miss Philippines was the most beautiful, but I didn't see the interview round which can often make one girl stand out more.

I miss the TV beauty contests we used to have here, run by that very odd husband and wife team Eric and Julia Morley.
I used to love the frocks and everything.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:57 pm

Syl wrote:I don't think it's a trivial thing at all Rags. These competitions are huge business and are watched globally by millions...of people.
It can be the start of a big career for the girl who wins, and she can make a fortune.

But apart from all that it was so humiliating, I imagine even the most confident girl would have felt incredibly embarrassed.
She did handle it well on the outside, inside I bet she was crying.

I felt a bit sorry  for the eventual winner too, she was obviously elated but couldn't really show it, and the poor girl who had to take the crown off Miss Columbias head and plonk it on Miss Philippines....whilst Harvey gabbled on and ignored everything that was happening behind him.

The bit at the end where he said "please don't hold it against the ladies"!!!....as if anyone could blame anyone but him.Rolling Eyes

I know! That last bit was just awful. There was a bit of booing going on, and it was if he thought they were booing at the ladies. When he said he was going to take control of the situation, I thought - well yes, you should since you completely cocked it up and then made it 100 times worse!

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:59 pm

Syl wrote:She looked disappointed when it was announced she was third, I bet afterwards she thanked her lucky stars.

I did think Miss Philippines was the most beautiful, but I didn't see the interview round which can often make one girl stand out more.

I miss the TV beauty contests we used to have here, run by that very odd husband and wife team Eric and Julia Morley.

I miss them too Syl. I used to like the ones where they were shown in their "day wear". All these people who say it's sexist should shut up IMO. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:03 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Syl wrote:She looked disappointed when it was announced she was third, I bet afterwards she thanked her lucky stars.

I miss them too Syl. I used to like the ones where they were shown in their "day wear". All these people who say it's sexist should shut up IMO. Laughing

I liked the day wear round too...and the swim suit round, I liked it all. I love you
Do you remember when some rabid womans libbers stormed onto the stage? It might have been Miss World, Bob hope was the compere, it must have been in the 60's so maybe you are too young to remember it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:08 pm

Just found the vid, it was Miss World 1970.

Maybe it was his material they were protesting against. Razz

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:12 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I liked the day wear round too...and the swim suit round, I liked it all. I love you
Do you remember when some rabid womans libbers stormed onto the stage? It might have been Miss World, Bob hope was the compere, it must have been in the 60's so maybe you are too young to remember it.

It was 1970. Did he really describe it as a "cattle market"?  Laughing

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:12 pm

Ooops - snap! Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:15 pm

Look at this one Syl. This is Miss Amazon apparently, and the runner up snatches the crown off the winner's head.  Laughing

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I think what was bad about the Miss Universe mistake is the way Steve Harvey handled it.

True. But then some people are more skillful in a crisis. He probably can be faulted for not thinking more about others, but that's a lapse, not an evil.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Ooops - snap! Laughing

Cool Great minds etc....
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Look at this one Syl. This is Miss Amazon apparently, and the runner up snatches the crown off the winner's head.  Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing
I love the way she accepts the audience reaction as she storms off. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:34 pm

The whole thing is nothing but trivia...

whats worse is its total artificiality

those girls, however " beautiful" they may look are the fiction of the make up artists craft.

Do you REALLY think they look like that early on a monday morning

jesus....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:37 pm

besides which the outward vision often belies the inner person

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:38 pm

Some of the videos are brilliant....here is one who completely over acts as she is announced the winner.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:39 pm

how the hell did she win with a gob that big???

she aint having a bite at MY apple.....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:05 pm

Syl wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Look at this one Syl. This is Miss Amazon apparently, and the runner up snatches the crown off the winner's head.  Laughing

Well, some of her fellow runner-ups are applauding her.  Look at the woman in yellow to the right.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:04 pm

Lord Foul wrote:how the hell did she win with a gob that big???

she aint having a bite at MY apple.....

Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:07 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well, some of her fellow runner-ups are applauding her.  Look at the woman in yellow to the right.

I know...maybe some of them thought it was a fix somehow....and maybe it was. bom
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down