NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chelsea sack manager José Mourinho after disastrous start to title defence

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

Chelsea sack manager José Mourinho after disastrous start to title defence  Empty Chelsea sack manager José Mourinho after disastrous start to title defence

Post by Guest Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:16 pm

• Mourinho returned to club in 2013 and won league last season
• Chelsea have sunk to 16th in Premier League

Chelsea have parted company with manager José Mourinho just seven months after guiding Chelsea to the Premier League title. The Portuguese returned to the club in 2013, but having sunk to 16th place in the table, the Stamford Bridge outfit have dismissed their manager.
Mourinho’s side have lost nine league games this season, the worst defence of a Premier League title ever. The latest loss was to Claudio Ranieri’s Leicester City, 2-1 at the King Power Stadium. Afterwards the 52-year-old took the unusual step of criticising his players. “I feel my work is betrayed,” he said. “I worked four days in training for this match. I identified four movements where Leicester score a lot of their goals and in two of the four situations I identified they scored their goals. I went through it all with the players, you can ask them.”
After the defeat it had seemed a matter of when, not if, Chelsea’s owner Roman Abramovich would act, with the club in real danger of slipping into the relegation zone over the crowded festive period.
When asked after the Leicester defeat if he could hold on to his job, Mourinho said: “The only thing I can say is that I want to. I have no doubts and I think you know me well enough, three years this time, plus three years another time, that I am not afraid of a big challenge, and in this moment this is a real big challenge. I want to stay, I hope Mr Abramovich and the board want me to stay.”
This is the end of Mourinho’s second stint in charge of the club – his first spell in charge of Chelsea ended in September of 2007, after winning the Premier League title in 2005 and 2006.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/17/chelsea-sack-jose-mourinho

Woow, The Special One has gone, and on top that the team doctor who resigned is suing him.

Back to top Go down