NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cat owner saved from fire after pet bites hand to wake her during 'arson attack'

2 posters

Go down

Cat owner saved from fire after pet bites hand to wake her during 'arson attack'   Empty Cat owner saved from fire after pet bites hand to wake her during 'arson attack'

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:29 pm

Cat owner saved from fire after pet bites hand to wake her during 'arson attack'   Tracie-Horgan-2947610 I love you 

The fur brigade: Tracie Horgan-Hodgkiss and her pet cat Taffy who saved her life after her home caught fire
WALES NEWS SERVICE
A fearless feline has been hailed a hero after saving her owner from a suspected arson attack.

Pet Taffy bit Tracie Horgan-Hodgkiss to wake her when fire broke out and her bedroom began to fill with smoke.

Tracie dialled 999 and minutes later she and the two-year-old tortoiseshell were being helped down a ladder to safety by firefighters.

Tracie, 39, said: “I thought the smoke alarm was my alarm clock and ignored it. Taffy bit my hand until I woke up. I don’t think I’d be here now but for her.”

Tracie, of Bridgend, South Wales, was taken to hospital after inhaling smoke.

Firefighters said she owes her life to Taffy after the suspected arson attack.

Bridgend fire station watch manager Roger Mangan said: “They were very lucky. We got there just at the right time.”

A South Wales Police spokesman said: “A 39-year-old woman was taken to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

"A 39-year-old man from Bridgend has been arrested on suspicion of arson and is in custody.”

Meanwhile, a chocolate labrador named Wally sniffed out a gas leak at owner Ray Rogers’ home in Derby which engineers said could have caused an explosion.

Mr Rogers, 81, said: “He got his name because he was always a bit stupid – but he wasn’t stupid with this.”

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/cat-owner-saved-fire-after-2947835#ixzz2o7UF4DRX
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

I love you  cat 

Back to top Go down

Cat owner saved from fire after pet bites hand to wake her during 'arson attack'   Empty cats

Post by nicko Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:25 pm

I love cats, when I read about people being cruel to them it makes me want to punch them.being cruel to any animal is wrong.when I see a picture of a kitten with their lovely little faces I want them. by the way,the sentances for animal cruelty are a joke
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Cat owner saved from fire after pet bites hand to wake her during 'arson attack'   Empty Re: Cat owner saved from fire after pet bites hand to wake her during 'arson attack'

Post by ALLAKAKA Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:43 pm

I'm rather partial to PUSSY myself. lol! 

ALLAKAKA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Cat owner saved from fire after pet bites hand to wake her during 'arson attack'   Empty Re: Cat owner saved from fire after pet bites hand to wake her during 'arson attack'

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:37 pm

self preservation from the cat i suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:43 pm

codemaster wrote:self preservation from the cat i suspect  

...Catflaps.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down