NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lord Lucan set to be declared 'presumed dead' as deadline for objections to death certificate passes

+2
Irn Bru
Raggamuffin
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lord Lucan set to be declared 'presumed dead' as deadline for objections to death certificate passes Empty Lord Lucan set to be declared 'presumed dead' as deadline for objections to death certificate passes

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:49 pm

Lord Lucan set to be declared 'presumed dead' as deadline for objections to death certificate passes Lord-lucan-hulton

Lord Lucan is set to be officially declared “presumed dead” after a deadline passed for objections to a procedure which would allow his son to inherit his title.

George Bingham, whose father disappeared in 1974 hours after his children’s nanny was found murdered at the family’s London home, last month placed a low-profile notice in a local newspaper announcing he was seeking a death certificate for Lord Lucan.

The 21-day deadline for any objections to the move has expired and Mr Bingham is now expected to make a formal application to the High Court next month under the Presumption of Death Act. The legislation passed last year is aimed at simplifying the process of having someone who has been missing for years to be declared dead.

Mr Bingham, 47, who was seven when his father vanished, told the West End Extra newspaper that he hoped the process would bring “closure”. It will also enable him to be named the 8th Earl of Lucan and pass on the family title in the event that he becomes a father. The financier, who lives in central London, announced this summer that he is to marry the daughter of a wealthy Danish industrialist.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/lord-lucan-set-to-be-declared-presumed-dead-as-deadline-for-objections-to-death-certificate-passes-a6724531.html

Back to top Go down

Lord Lucan set to be declared 'presumed dead' as deadline for objections to death certificate passes Empty Re: Lord Lucan set to be declared 'presumed dead' as deadline for objections to death certificate passes

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:55 pm

I love the Lord Lucan story. It was dreadful for the nanny of course, and an awful murder, but then it's been a long time. Lady Lucan didn't really ever get over it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Lord Lucan set to be declared 'presumed dead' as deadline for objections to death certificate passes Empty Re: Lord Lucan set to be declared 'presumed dead' as deadline for objections to death certificate passes

Post by Irn Bru Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:04 pm

He's not dead. He's hiding in the Hibs trophy from lol
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:20 pm

Mr Bingham, 47, who was seven when his father vanished, told the West End Extra newspaper that he hoped the process would bring “closure”. It will also enable him to be named the 8th Earl of Lucan and pass on the family title in the event that he becomes a father. The financier, who lives in central London, announced this summer that he is to marry the daughter of a wealthy Danish industrialist."

Enough said, so who gives a crap.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:21 pm

captainJane wrote:Mr Bingham, 47, who was seven when his father vanished, told the West End Extra newspaper that he hoped the process would bring “closure”. It will also enable him to be named the 8th Earl of Lucan and pass on the family title in the event that he becomes a father. The financier, who lives in central London, announced this summer that he is to marry the daughter of a wealthy Danish industrialist."

It's of interest to some people Jane - those who have followed the story.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:26 pm

captainJane wrote:Mr Bingham, 47, who was seven when his father vanished, told the West End Extra newspaper that he hoped the process would bring “closure”. It will also enable him to be named the 8th Earl of Lucan and pass on the family title in the event that he becomes a father. The financier, who lives in central London, announced this summer that he is to marry the daughter of a wealthy Danish industrialist."

I'm with you.  Why would anyone want to pass on the name of a murderer?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:54 am

When I was younger this story fascinated me.
I used to think he'd walk out if the sea and return....

Am I thinking of Reginald Perrin? scratch
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:04 am

You're thinking of Reggie Perrin.  Lucan killed his children's nanny and then got spirited out of the country by various Lords and Ladies, never to face the music.  He was a gambler and lost all their money, and a bully as well, mentally and physically abusive to his wife.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:06 am

Embarassed
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:06 am

He rode off on Arkle
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:08 am

Irn Bru wrote:He rode off on Arkle

Arkle from Skegness?

I am amusing myself tonight Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:09 am

as in Ronny Barker lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:10 am

eddie wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:He rode off on Arkle

Arkle from Skegness?

Arkle the gee gee Smile
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:10 am

Arkle Barker? Ronnies brother from another mother?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:12 am

Irn Bru wrote:
eddie wrote:

Arkle from Skegness?

Arkle the gee gee Smile

It was Shergar that disappeared!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:13 am

Or was he murdered by redrum? Suspect
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:13 am

sassy wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:
eddie wrote:

Arkle from Skegness?

Arkle the gee gee Smile

It was Shergar that disappeared!

Arkle/Shergar? They're like immigrants - they all look the same to me. Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:14 am

eddie wrote:Or was he murdered by redrum? Suspect

I don't know if the rum was red, but it didn't do him much good lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:14 am

I've got tears of laughter running down my face over this thread, either that or the pill I had to take lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:16 am

Arkle the alky, killed by a drunken horse ridden by Regiie Perrin

What a strange old world No
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:18 am

Oh stop, I read the thread about the coffin being dropped and was laughing because of this thread, felt awful, got a fit of the giggles, as we live in a bungalow, OH is probably wondering what the hell I'm laughing at!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:19 am

eddie wrote:Arkle the alky, killed by a drunken horse ridden by Regiie Perrin

Red Rum is buriied at the winning post at Aintree. Suspected overdose on marzipan I believe.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:21 am

sassy wrote:Oh stop, I read the thread about the coffin being dropped and was laughing because of this thread, felt awful, got a fit of the giggles, as we live in a bungalow, OH is probably wondering what the hell I'm laughing at!

lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:22 am

Irn Bru wrote:

Red Rum is buriied at the winning post at Aintree. Suspected overdose on marzipan I believe.

Almond poisoning by Ronnie Barker desperate to get rid of his out of date simnel cake that had been there since easter.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:22 am

Irn Bru wrote:

The marzipan that Ronnie barker made?? Shocked
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:24 am

eddie wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

No, he didn't make it, he bought it off the market to sell in his shop and it was 10 years old and going off lol   Would have poisoned an elephant, never mind a horse, gave him a sore throat which made him a hoarse horse!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:25 am

eddie wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

Couldn't be. Ronnie Barker was doing porridge at the time - 7 years I believe.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:26 am

Irn Bru wrote:
eddie wrote:

Couldn't be. Ronnie Barker was doing porridge at the time - 7 years I believe.

That's a bloody great big pot of porridge, would take a very large spoon to stir it!   I know who uses one of those!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:26 am

I simply cannot believe all this has come to light because Lord Lucan decided to die today.

Oh well. I'd better gallop off to bed to rub my Arkle and have sweet dreams about covering Ronnie Barker in red rum and marzipan....

Night all Suspect
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:27 am

Night Eds, I'm going to do the same, think I might have some very odd dreams!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:29 am

Shocked
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:30 am

eddie wrote:Shocked

With luck! lol cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:47 am

eddie wrote:When I was younger this story fascinated me.
I used to think he'd walk out if the sea and return....

Am I thinking of Reginald Perrin? scratch

Or Sergeant Troy perhaps? Laughing

The found the car Lord Lucan was using in Newhaven parked in a residential road, but no sign of him. He sent letters to friends before he disappeared admitting that he'd been in the house but that someone else had attacked his wife.

According to Wiki, the police searched Newhaven Downs and found the skeletal remains of a judge who had disappeared years earlier. I can't find any more info about that. Lord Lucan set to be declared 'presumed dead' as deadline for objections to death certificate passes 2190311264
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:22 pm

Irn, I never knew that about Red Rum, I always thought he was turned into Dog meat!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:16 pm

feelthelove wrote:Lord Lucan set to be declared 'presumed dead' as deadline for objections to death certificate passes Lord-lucan-hulton

Lord Lucan is set to be officially declared “presumed dead” after a deadline passed for objections to a procedure which would allow his son to inherit his title.

Is that really a photograph of him?  Put an apron on him and he looks like a Serbian snow cone vendor in Central Park.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:14 pm

If Lucky Lucan had killed the nanny by mistake, thinking she was his wife, why did he not actually kill his wife when he realised his mistake?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:17 pm

The son of Sandra Rivett has allegedly lodged a last-minute objection to the death certificate being issued.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11981197/Challenge-to-plea-for-death-certificate-for-Lord-Lucan-from-son-of-murdered-nanny.html
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:53 pm

And also someone who has been investigating his disappearance, who says the law is supposed to cover people who have disappeared, not fugitives from the law.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:46 pm

Has anyone considered the possibility that Sandra Rivett was actually the intended victim? The only person who knows for sure if he's the attacker or not is Lady Lucan, but it just seems odd to me that he would stay in the house having failed to kill her, and then go into the bathroom, allowing her to escape and raise the alarm.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:51 pm

Did you see the dramatisation that was based on Lady Lucan testimony, it explained it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:54 pm

sassy wrote:Did you see the dramatisation that was based on Lady Lucan testimony, it explained it.

I've been looking for that actually. I think I did see it but I've forgotten it. I know she said it was him, but he didn't deny being at the house, just that he didn't attack Sandra or his wife. It just seems very odd to me that he would stay there and go to the bathroom to get something to clean her up if he meant to kill her. Also, why was Sandra's body in a sack?

It's also possible that he had an accomplice, and that he met that accomplice days later down in Newhaven. I think his passport was found at his house, so he didn't have it with him.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:56 pm

The drama is here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3145138/

He obviously had a lot of help getting out of the country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:00 pm

sassy wrote:The drama is here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3145138/

He obviously had a lot of help getting out of the country.

Thanks.

We don't know that he actually left the country though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:02 pm

He must have done, he had such distinctive feature and voice he would have been found.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:05 pm

sassy wrote:He must have done, he had such distinctive feature and voice he would have been found.

Not if he's dead, and has been dead since that time.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:07 pm

Not a chance in my book, but nobody knows.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:15 pm

George Bingham, the son, has an interesting theory. He thinks that his father wanted to nick some stuff from the house as an insurance scam, so he got some bloke involved, gave him the lead piping covered with a bandage, gave him a key, and told him to use the lead bar to prize open a window so it would look like a burglary. He also gave him a sack to put valuables into. He sat outside in the car he'd borrowed. The burglar panicked when he saw Sandra Rivett and killed her, and then had a go at Lady Lucan as well. Lord Lucan got fed up of waiting outside, so he went in to see what had happened, and of course his wife thought he was the one who attacked her.

One problem is why Sandra Rivett's body was put into the sack, and at what point it was put into the sack.

Some say this was a frenzied attack and not planned, but then why was the lead bar covered in a bandage? Why was there another one the same found in the car?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:54 am

I don't think you could use a Lead bar to prise open anything, lead would be too soft wouldn't it?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:40 am

nicko wrote:I don't think you could use a Lead bar to prise open anything, lead would be too soft wouldn't it?

An interesting observation Nicko. George Bingham also pointed out that if you wanted to kill someone, you wouldn't use a lead bar because it's too soft and it would take many blows. That's why he thinks the bar wasn't intended to be used in that manner. Also, it was wrapped in a bandage or surgical tape - why?

Anyway, the point is that the lead bar wasn't actually going to be used to prise open a window - the accomplice would have had a key.

I guess you could say that if someone didn't realise it would be too soft to prise open a window, they also wouldn't realise it was too soft to kill someone with one blow.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:09 am

Rags I think you missed your calling: you should've been a detective!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next