NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where's the Coverage? Repressive Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to Head Key UN Human Rights Panel

2 posters

Go down

Where's the Coverage? Repressive Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to Head Key UN Human Rights Panel Empty Where's the Coverage? Repressive Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to Head Key UN Human Rights Panel

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:35 am

Last month, UN Watch reported that Saudi Arabia will chair an important panel of the United Nations Human Rights Council. First of all, yes, Saudi Arabia --one of the world's worst human rights violators-- is ON the UN Human Rights Council. And, yes, now it will CHAIR a panel that selects top officials who shape international human rights standards and report on violations worldwide. UN Watch executive director Hillel Neuer said, “It is scandalous that the UN chose a country that has beheaded more people this year than ISIS to be head of a key human rights panel.” And though this development is indeed scandalous, judging by the dearth of media coverage of this matter, it is seemingly not newsworthy.

Other than blog posts on The Washington Post site and in Real Clear Politics and an opinion piece on The Daily Beast, there has been media silence. None of the major news outlets felt their readers and viewers should be made aware. Just to put this in context, Saudi Arabia will be a powerful leader of the UN Human Rights Council, the same body that regularly condemns the democratic state of Israel, while the theocratic kingdom is set to behead and then crucify the body of a pro-democracy activist arrested at the age of seventeen.Perhaps it would be too much to expect global condemnation and outrage. But at the very least, one must ask… Where’s the coverage?

http://blog.camera.org/archives/2015/10/wheres_the_coverage_repressive.html

Back to top Go down

Where's the Coverage? Repressive Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to Head Key UN Human Rights Panel Empty Re: Where's the Coverage? Repressive Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to Head Key UN Human Rights Panel

Post by Irn Bru Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:11 pm

Yes, it is a scandal that they chair the council and an even bigger scandal that they are even on it in the first place.

Well we can thank our animal abusing pig-shagging prime minister David Cameron for helping them with that due to another one of his dirty back-door deals with the Saudi's.

These shameless gits would do a deal with the devil to get what they want.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/sep/29/uk-and-saudi-arabia-in-secret-deal-over-human-rights-council-place

We need politicians to stand up to them and condemn humans right abuses not give them a leg-up.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Where's the Coverage? Repressive Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to Head Key UN Human Rights Panel Empty Re: Where's the Coverage? Repressive Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to Head Key UN Human Rights Panel

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:14 pm

What has that got to do with this thread on Saudi heading up a human rights leadership?

If you want to sound off about Cameron, great, of which has no interest to me as I have always advocated that we should not sell arms to countries like Saudi.

Hey ho I ma more interested in wh they have been given this position, so nice deflection but start up a new thread if you want to whinge about Cameron , who his predessors also did buisnees with Saudi. So a rather silly point on your part

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:16 pm

Cuchulain wrote:What has that got to do with this thread on Saudi heading up a human rights leadership?

If you want to sound off about Cameron, great, of which has no interest to me as I have always advocated that we should not sell arms to countries like Saudi.

Hey ho I ma more interested in wh they have been given this position, so nice deflection but start up a new thread if you want to whinge about Cameron , who his predessors also did buisnees with Saudi. So a rather silly point on your part

It's about the very council your article refers to Laughing
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:17 pm

Ok fair enough Irn, which does implicat Cameron being an idioy here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:17 pm

We need politicians who will stand tall in a world of little men who pander to these people whist using weak weasel words to object to their actions.

I did a thread a few days ago, Corbyn is trying to get Cameron to do something about Saudi beheading and crucifying a young man because he wanted democracy.

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t11739-jeremy-corbyn-raises-death-row-saudi-s-case-with-pm?highlight=Saudi

Cameron will slide and slither and say nothing and carry on sucking up to these monsters, because he cares more about money and oil and power than he cares about anything else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:19 pm

So Cameron needs to go if he has been implicit in this, happy for that as I have long lost confidence in him.
So why is the UN nations allowing such a farce to happen?

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:51 pm

Cuchulain wrote:So Cameron needs to go if he has been implicit in this, happy for that as I have long lost confidence in him.
So why is the UN nations allowing such a farce to happen?

UN = Useless Nations.

Where are they with the astrocity happening to Yemeni Children?

Where are thet when Palestinian children are being burned alive?

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:45 pm

You just did as badly as the UN did Sexy.

You sounded off only on two conflicts that see Muslims at times suffer.

What about North Korea where there is concentration camaps?

What about how Christians are persecuted in many Muslim majority lands.

You only point to the plight of Muslims.
I want to help everyone no matter their religion or ethnicity.
So the UN is not fit for purpose as you say, they allow wrongs done to both Israeli's and Palestinians.
You can see where you seem after my point only religiously motivated to help other Muslims.
Why is it you do not champion just helping any humans in plight?
That is my belief, to help those that need it.
Why then does religion sway you to mention to religiously based problems and not others?

Not knocking but it is why I have little time for religion, as I would help you, a Jew and Hindu and a christian and do so without any religious persuation. People are more swayed by anger over an incident based on what they value.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down