NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reports of Women and children being raped and beheaded in CONGO

Go down

Reports of Women and children being raped and beheaded in CONGO Empty Reports of Women and children being raped and beheaded in CONGO

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:58 pm

The bodies of at least 21 people, including women and children, were found after an attack in eastern DR Congo, the UN peacekeeping mission there said Monday. Girls were believed to have been raped and decapitated while a child was also dismembered in a wave of violence in North Kivu last week, MONUSCO said in a statement.

A local civil society organisation blamed the rampage on the Muslim Ugandan rebel group ADF-Nalu, one of the oldest but least known armed organisations based in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

"The victims, including women and children -- the youngest of which is thought to have been only a few months old -- were hacked to death on December 13 and 14," the statement said.

http://news.yahoo.com/children-among-21-victims-brutal-dr-congo-attack-192839376.html;_ylt=A2KJ3CR_Vq9SMQgApDrQtDMD

Back to top Go down

Reports of Women and children being raped and beheaded in CONGO Empty Re: Reports of Women and children being raped and beheaded in CONGO

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:10 pm

Poor buggers, get decimated by The Lord's Resistance Army and now this lot. Extremists from both sides running rampant. Not a good place to be.

Back to top Go down

Reports of Women and children being raped and beheaded in CONGO Empty Re: Reports of Women and children being raped and beheaded in CONGO

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:17 pm

Sassy wrote:Poor buggers, get decimated by The Lord's Resistance Army and now this lot.   Extremists from both sides running rampant.   Not a good place to be.
Don't know if the Congo's got any natural resources. If it hasn't then I suspect not much will be done about it by richer countries, sad to say.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:21 pm

That's what I don't understand, it's rich in gold and uranium and other minerals and that I believe is what some of the war is about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:34 pm

I believe it's about time NATO diverted all forces from Afghanistan to African countries who need our help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:39 pm

US Forces are already serving in parts of Africa Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:45 pm

PhilDidge wrote:US Forces are already serving in parts of Africa Andy

Well yes, and the UK has had forces there permanently for 15 years or so that I know of (Sierra Leone is one place).

And the French are there, as we all know.

I'm talking about sending the 150,000 or preferably more there, that were in Afghanistan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Fair point, though I think some might want to come home for Christmas and that maybe some other nations within the UN start taking a greater share of the workload that seems to always fall to the Americans and Brits, would you not agree?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:00 pm

PhilDidge wrote:Fair point, though I think some might want to come  home for Christmas and that maybe some other nations within the UN start taking a greater share of the workload that seems to always fall to the Americans and Brits, would you not agree?

Agreed. It's the Brits and Americans who are publicising the fact that muslim terrorists are using African countries as safe havens though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:09 pm

As has the Lords Resistance Army since 1986.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:35 pm

Sassy wrote:As has the Lords Resistance Army since 1986.

lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:39 pm

Oh I don't think anyone caught in the middle of two lots of fanatics finds it anything to laugh about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:32 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I believe it's about time NATO diverted all forces from Afghanistan to African countries who need our help.

The British contingent who served in Afghanistan are more like ly to be heading for the dole rather than to African countries.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:55 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:I believe it's about time NATO diverted all forces from Afghanistan to African countries who need our help.

The British contingent who served in Afghanistan are more like ly to be heading for the dole rather than to African countries.

...yes I think I heard while still on holiday that 5000 or so army personell are to be axed?

I doubt Dave and George have ever done this much stripping before  santa 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down