NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It took me six months to get from Syria to the UK. Now I want to live with dignity

+2
nicko
Raggamuffin
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

It took me six months to get from Syria to the UK. Now I want to live with dignity  Empty It took me six months to get from Syria to the UK. Now I want to live with dignity

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:26 pm

I never imagined that I would go through a journey like this. I am from Damascus and before the war my family was happy.

At first I thought the uprising against Assad was a great thing, and my brother and I went on marches, but soon it became too dangerous. Now you never know what will happen in Damascus. Every other day there are bombardments, shelling and mortars. I have lost many friends.

In Syria, military service is compulsory, unless you are studying or are a family’s only son. As I was coming to the end of my degree, I knew that I would be forced to join the army. I didn’t want to do this because the army is killing its own people. There are no good sides in the war in Syria now. It is a religious civil war – I didn’t want to be a part of that.

Finally I told my parents I was going to leave the country. I wanted to go to the UK because I speak English and hoped to continue my studies. I had also heard that it is a country that treats refugees fairly. My brother who is younger than me left too: he is in Sweden now. My mother, father and sister encouraged us to go, but could not make the journey as well because my father is too old. I don’t think he will ever leave Damascus, however dangerous, because he loves it too much, but I hope that one day I can help my mother and sister to leave.

In March I took a bus to Lebanon, then a plane from Lebanon to Turkey. I stayed in Turkey for three months, but that was hopeless. I found a job but the boss wouldn’t pay me. Then I got another job in a jeans factory, where at least they gave me something, but only half the salary of my Turkish colleagues, and it wasn’t really enough to live on.
I took a train to Edirne, on the border with Greece, then walked for 12 hours. I got to the third town after the border but I had no euros and no one would change my dollars. The police caught me sleeping on the street and took me to a detention centre. The next day they put me in a van with other refugees and drove us into a wood, near the river that forms the border with Turkey. The men who let us out of the van were not wearing police uniforms. They all had their faces covered and were carrying sticks: it reminded me of Isis. We were terrified because we didn’t know what they were going to do. Eventually they pushed and shoved us into boats and took us across the river and handed us over to the Turkish police.

In the end I paid a smuggler $1,000 to take me to Greece by boat. There were 47 of us, including three women and two children. We had to get into a van and drive for three hours to reach the boat. There were no windows, only two holes in the ceiling. Whenever someone was having trouble breathing, we let them stand by the hole.

The boat was even worse. I don’t think there should have been more than 20 people in it. We were all very scared. I was sitting by the motor and there was water everywhere. The engine was puffing smoke in my face, making me throw up. After 10 minutes the smuggler abandoned the boat and told one of the refugees to drive us. Of course he didn’t know the way. He started following a light, but it turned out to be the light of another boat.

The other passengers were reading the Qur’an and praying we would be safe. I covered my face and tried not to think about it. I had no control over what was happening, so in my heart I gave myself to God and just hoped and prayed that nothing would happen.

It took me six months to get from Syria to the UK. Now I want to live with dignity  3500

Facebook Twitter Pinterest
Syrian and Afghan refugees are helped ashore by locals after their dinghy deflated just off the coast of the Greek island of Lesbos. Photograph: Alkis Konstantinidis/Reuters
We were in the boat for five and a half hours before we saw an island. We ran out of gas before we reached it and had to call the Greek coastguard to beg for help. The coastguards threw us a rope to hold on to and towed us to land.
From there I took more boats, buses and trains to western Europe. A lot of the time you have to walk: people call it the “ant road” because of that. There were women with children and old people, which made me sad to see. It was difficult enough for me – how did they manage it?

When I reached the Serbian border I walked through the woods to avoid checkpoints. I followed a group of refugees who had a smuggler with them to find the way. In Belgrade I was robbed at gunpoint in a hostel, but I also met a man who let me stay at his house because he too had been a refugee once.

We had to avoid towns so we wouldn’t be caught by the police, and instead walked through farmland in Serbia and Hungary. I was with some other refugees when we met a smuggler who said he would take us to Austria by car, but instead he drove us to the border of Hungary and never came back. In Hungary the police caught us and put us on a train. When it stopped at a station they were taking everyone off, and in the rush I managed to escape and jump on another train that was going to Budapest. I was very lucky but I lost my bag. From there I got trains to France. When a ticket collector started asking for passports I hid in the toilets.

Finally I got to Calais. I only knew one person who had been to the “jungle” and I think she must have lied to me. She said it was a nice place, but it was hell. It was freezing and I had no tent, no sleeping bag or warm clothes. We were given one meal a day. If you want to stay in France you have to wait there for four months. I would never stay there after the way they treated us. It was the lowest point of my journey.

To get to the UK I attempted to jump on a train, but it was too hard. Seeing people coming back injured after trying was awful. So I went to the port. When the lorries slow down outside, people open the back and jump in: the drivers don’t know you are there. I had tried before, but they always stopped us at the French checkpoint and you have to go back to the jungle and try again. Finally I managed to jump into a lorry with car motors inside. There was very little room and it was very uncomfortable but the lorry had a soft top so I wasn’t worried about suffocating. There were three of us in there. We didn’t make any noise until we reached Dover.

Now I am in the UK I feel safe and happy. Compared to the other places I passed through and the way I was treated it is great. I am waiting to meet a lawyer and get my papers. I want to do a translation course so I can work. My only regret is that my family aren’t here with me. The bombing has got worse since I left and I am very scared for them.
I wish people understood that refugees are fleeing from a bad situation. We are not here to take your jobs, or to behave badly. We know we are guests and we are grateful for your help. We think it is very humane of Europe to take us.

Do I think the journey was worth the risk? At the time I didn’t know. I just wanted to get somewhere I could live with a bit of dignity.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/15/syria-uk-damascus-refugee-people-smugglers-calais-jungle

Think that speaks for itself.  Very glad to say I have become part of a network that is spread all over the UK trying to help refugees and the support it has received is absolutely phenomenal.   As Sandy Toksvig said on QT last night, Brits are much kinder than the Daily Mail would have you believe.

Back to top Go down

It took me six months to get from Syria to the UK. Now I want to live with dignity  Empty Re: It took me six months to get from Syria to the UK. Now I want to live with dignity

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:15 pm

So he was happy to take part in the uprising against Assad, until he realised Assad wasn't going to go quietly. What did he expect?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

It took me six months to get from Syria to the UK. Now I want to live with dignity  Empty Re: It took me six months to get from Syria to the UK. Now I want to live with dignity

Post by nicko Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:43 pm

Why did he not stay and look after his family?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:39 pm

So everything was 'good and happy' eh...!?

But that wasn't good enough for them!!!???

Then they started kicking off and causing trouble and destroying their own 'good and happy' existence...!!!???

Causing the whole cluster fuck that they are now running away from... and I am supposed to feel sorry for them!!!???

Even though having then got to turkey and living there in safety and able to work etc... admitting that they had plenty of money round them... bullshit that nobody would change or accept dollars or any other strong currency by the way... I have been to turkey many times and there are people falling over themselves to change money for You over there etc...

So in a safe country, able to live and work freely, got plenty of money etc...

On longer a refugee but economic migrant, travelling illegally through other countries, and arriving here illegally too...= illegal immigrant, not genuine refugee, should be deported immediately to original safe country.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:56 pm

Aside from all that Tommy has said, this is one story of one man and yes, he does deserve our help, but sassy....how do we tell him, from the scrounges and ISIS?

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:04 pm

Eddie...you cant...thats the problem

the LLA though are not bothered...let em all in they say

they will then worry about the "baddies" later once a few dozen/hundred of US hve been blown up or murdered "mumbai style"

you see the LLA dont CARE about a few of us...

they play this ridiculous numbers game and place a "VALUE" on each of us....

OUR valuse is much lower than that of any of their pet causes...since we dont give them that warm orgiastic feeling.

Forget "humanity" etc...the LLA has NONE ...what it seeks is that "buzz" of "righteousness" that comes from helping everyone elses waifs and strays....

they are a bit like victorian spinsters with nothing else to do who went round "rescuing" the poor ...not becasue it was "right" but becasue it made them feel wanted....

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Does deserve our help?

Was already in turkey, a safe country, had money, work, somewhere to live etc...

What more 'help' is there that we could or should be expected to give him than he already had...?

And why should he 'deserve' any of this of us!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:07 pm

victorismyhero wrote:Eddie...you cant...thats the problem

they will then worry about the "baddies" later once a few dozen/hundred of US hve been blown up or murdered "mumbai style"

OUR valuse is much lower than that of any of their pet causes...since we dont give them that warm orgiastic feeling.

Forget "humanity" etc...the LLA has NONE ...what it seeks is that "buzz" of "righteousness" that comes from helping everyone elses waifs and strays....

they are a bit like victorian spinsters with nothing else to do who went round "rescuing" the poor ...not becasue it was "right" but becasue it made them feel wanted....

As opposed to how much the right wingers care about you, taking police off your streets, cutting funding to the NHS, etc.?

What's so evil about feeling good about yourself when you help someone else?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:09 pm

I do see the real "hardcore left" (hate labels but this is all I can think of right now) as being rather smug and up their own arses when it comes to this sort of thing.

Oh, and it's normally those people that are NEVER affected by what they are trying to achieve either.
They don't live in the areas that are over-populated with over-subscribed schools and ever-waiting housing lists.
It has little affect on them.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:09 pm

Well Tommy...apparantly your ancestors were utter bastards to ALL the rest of the world.....

make me chuckle they do....

whatever happend to the (sensible and just) principle of "visit not the sins of the father upon the children"???

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:48 pm

victorismyhero wrote:Well Tommy...apparantly your ancestors were utter bastards to ALL the rest of the world.....

make me chuckle they do....

whatever happend to the (sensible and just) principle of "visit not the sins of the father upon the children"???

Whatever happened to the sensible and compassionate principle of "From those to whom much is given, much is expected"?

Your society became as rich as it is today by exploiting people (mine did too). It's just to help out people in trouble.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:49 pm

Eddie... he already had all the 'help' deserved... only reason to try to illegally get into UK is The attempt to get BETTER!
personal gain!!!

And Ben... we have plenty of our own people to help but continually feel a bit shitty about how we have to tell them bollocks because we are too busy trying to help some other foreign people instead...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:52 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Eddie... he already had all the 'help' deserved... only reason to try to illegally get into UK is The attempt to get BETTER!
personal gain!!!

And Ben... we have plenty of our own people to help but continually feel a bit shitty about how we have to tell them bollocks because we are too busy trying to help some other foreign people instead...

This is true Ben. It's not fair to treat people from other countries before Your own needy.
This is what some people are having trouble with.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:57 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:Eddie...you cant...thats the problem

As opposed to how much the right wingers care about you, taking police off your streets, cutting funding to the NHS, etc.?

What's so evil about feeling good about yourself when you help someone else?

nothing..except when its done at the expense OR in this case risk, to you own people

try getting with the post Ben.....

as I said (spelling mistakes and all)

"the LLA though are not bothered...let em all in they say

OUR valuse is much lower than that of any of their pet causes...since we dont give them that warm orgiastic feeling."

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:01 pm

Victor, have you actually ever tried to think of liberals as people who are more or less mostly like you?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:01 pm

the above being a reply to eddies question of "how do we tell the difference between him and an isis bod ?"

a question the LLA refuse to answer or dont actually care about...I mean whats a few of their fellow citizens compared to these people"

As I have said elsewhere (and significantly, been evaded) will te lefty stand up and say "yep its my fault that abdul...who we let in unconditionally last year.... blew up yor family

naturally they wont...they will go into denial mode, scream its only a few now F**k off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:05 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Victor, have you actually ever tried to think of liberals as people who are more or less mostly like you?

except they have had a frontal lobotomy???

Like BMW drivers?

and No ben they are not "like me"

they have no ability to think ahead.and live only for the "short fix"
they have no sense of responsibility...even their so called "responsibility to these "others" is merely a self seeking for personal gratification....

EVEN if..god fobid one of these ISIS animals blew up a school full of kids ...they would just walk away muttering "its only a few...live with it" and other such platitudes like oh isnt it terrible ...and NO you cant "do" anything about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:24 pm

victorismyhero wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Victor, have you actually ever tried to think of liberals as people who are more or less mostly like you?

Like BMW drivers?

they have no sense of responsibility...even their so called "responsibility to these "others" is merely a self seeking for personal gratification....

EVEN if..god fobid one of these ISIS animals blew up a school full of kids ...they would just walk away muttering "its only a few...live with it" and other such platitudes like oh isnt it terrible ...and NO you cant "do" anything about it.

Just as I thought, you're really just a narrow-minded old grump with a vocabulary Razz
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:28 pm

Victor grumpy??? It took me six months to get from Syria to the UK. Now I want to live with dignity  3489511464

Never!!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:41 pm

What are your perceived similarities and differences...?

Todays lefties seem to me to be riding around on a cloud of guff, totally detached from the realities and complexities of life that the more thoughtful among us seem to understand, and who's opinions/reactions/beliefs/demands are based on ignorance/propaganda/lies/spin and media controlled reactionary knee jerk fuck-wittery rather than any intelligent independent and objective thought of their own!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:48 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

Like BMW drivers?

Just as I thought, you're really just a narrow-minded old grump with a vocabulary Razz

dont like the truth ??

I note that you too "evade" the responsibility YOU incur when advocating this kind of irresponsibility....

"yeah ...let em in...regardless....who cares...we know too well that there is a significant presence of those that wish us harm...but never mind we wont have to be held to account."

I mean...it wouldnt be so bad if the inevitable resultant shit fest ONLY affected those who advocate this nonsense.....but it wont will it....only the "minions"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:52 pm

And...see YOU are prepared to condemn me for NOT caring/being against this influx of unknowns

and yet YOU are doing exactly the same...except YOU dont care.....about your own...

now my view may make me "hard hearted and perhaps arguably callous

YOU view point makes you what.......(hint ....traitor)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:00 am

victorismyhero wrote:And...see YOU are prepared to condemn me for NOT caring/being against this influx of unknowns

and yet YOU are doing exactly the same...except YOU dont care.....about your own...

now my view may make me "hard hearted and perhaps arguably callous

YOU view point makes you what.......(hint ....traitor)

Well lets weight up the risks compared to the imminent need of thousands of refugees.
Do you really want to go there?
We let countless unknowns into this country through tourism and migration, they have to be checked.
Just like refugees have to be checked and if they do not have papers they are detained.
So your view on unknowns is slipping very fast indeed.
Is it possible of ISIS member to slip through not only with the refugees but also by just doing what migrants and tourists do daily and just fly in or come via the sea to the UK?
The problem there then is spotting fake papers. 
So your view of unknowns is moot when you already accept countless unknowns through tourism and migration. Your next point would mean addressing border checks, being able to spot false papers. We know this is an issue because we know that some who have thought with ISIS or lived there as supporters have returned.

So you are using a very weak argument that does not have validity based on your view of unknowns
Its just a poor excuse to deny the imminent pressing need of thousands of refugees.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:10 am

these "refugees" have in the main NO paper work...nothing to "spot as false"

and te plan id to just let em in....how do you propose to "check" even a single one of them...with no paperwork and a good excuse they can be anyone they want to be.....

I mean ...come on didge we keep being told they are all doctors and engineers and such like

hokaaayyyyyyy

I REALLY beleive that.....not......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:13 am

and STILL you evade the central point.....

are YOU going to stand up and say "yep that was becasue of what I did " when the unthinkable happens....

and will you stand there bursting with pride at what you have wrought?

and make meaningless soothing noises at those woho have been devastated?

and then do the same NEXT time some shitfest breaks loose "out there in the world"?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:14 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Todays lefties seem to me to be riding around on a cloud of guff,

It took me six months to get from Syria to the UK. Now I want to live with dignity  3489511464

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:15 am

Fuck off dodge... they are refusing to be stopped, checked and processed!!!

They have destroyed any ID'S they had too!!!

They are illegal immigrants until they have declared themselves as asylum seekers/refugees etc, and should be treated as such.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:18 am

victorismyhero wrote:these "refugees" have in the main NO paper work...nothing to "spot as false"
False claim, if that was the case the nations have the legal right to retain them

and te plan id to just let em in....how do you propose to "check" even a single one of them...with no paperwork and a good excuse they can be anyone they want to be.....

I mean ...come on didge we keep being told they are all doctors and engineers and such like

hokaaayyyyyyy

Sorry you have not even address my showing your views were flawed and even more so when you forget refugees can be detained without paper work

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:21 am

victorismyhero wrote:these "refugees" have in the main NO paper work...nothing to "spot as false"

hokaaayyyyyyy

How are all these 'highly skilled and well qualified' people going to be able to get the jobs (we don't have), when they also don't have any proof of ID/qualifications etc???

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:22 am

victorismyhero wrote:and STILL you evade the central point.....

are YOU going to stand up and say "yep that was becasue of what I did " when the unthinkable happens....

and then do the same NEXT time some shitfest breaks loose "out there in the world"?

Moot point again, you are arguing off a possibility, when this possibility exists daily by people entering the UK, where already it is know that ISIS members have returned either fleeing or here to commit terror.
So you are using a poor excuse to deny refugees from a situation which already occurs, where people slip through the system. Which means the checks have to improve. Not deny thousands of refugees who are in imminent need.
So if the next attack comes from someone who slipped through the system.
Who are you going to blame?
The refugees or the security check system in place?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:22 am

gelico again wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Todays lefties seem to me to be riding around on a cloud of guff,

It took me six months to get from Syria to the UK. Now I want to live with dignity  3489511464

It took me six months to get from Syria to the UK. Now I want to live with dignity  Surpri10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:24 am

Cuchulain wrote:
False claim, if that was the case the nations have the legal right to retain them

hokaaayyyyyyy

Sorry you have not even address my showing your views were flawed and even more so when you forget refugees can be detained without paper work

"can" and "are being" are two different things....funny how "flexible" the LLA can be when it comes to their pet projects

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:25 am

Cuchulain wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:and STILL you evade the central point.....

Moot point again, you are arguing off a possibility, when this possibility exists daily by people entering the UK, where already it is know that ISIS members have returned either fleeing or here to commit terror.
So you are using a poor excuse to deny refugees from a situation which already occurs, where people slip through the system. Which means the checks have to improve. Not deny thousands of refugees who are in imminent need.

neither...I will blame the lefty liberal alliance.......

those who have advocated this lunacy......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:27 am

Well its a good thing I am central right wing and not left wing then I guess, where it is easy for me to show how flawed and piss poor some posters arguments against refugees are.
They argue off some ISIS terrorists getting through when they are already getting through due to poor border checks.
Nobody is saying checks should not be made on refugees either.
German was one nation that decided to life this to allow many in thus German takes full responsibility for its citizens if they have allowed some to get through.
So again there to claim off checks is absurd when these checks can and should happen. What has happened in many cases is the checks have stopped completely or where there is an influx of refugees. What that means is a nation should then implement more personnel; to help deal with the influx. As countries have a duty under international law to help refugees

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:31 am

victorismyhero wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Well if there is another attack, I will place the blame squarely at the door of those who committed such acts. I could then very well blame the Government for not ensuring that the nation has better security checks/ Luckily our security services are very good having thwarted a number of attempts so far.
So using this to deny helping people in imminent need is not only appalling. Its arguing off fear to terrorists getting through when they already can and do get through to deny refugees.
Sorry but have you called that tourism should stop to the UK?
No more foreign students that add tot he economy?
Do you want to shut up shop altogether and really hurt our economy?
Why on earth would people blame refugees who have been in the main fleeing this violence?
Its absurd and ethically and morally wrong, when its the security check system, that needs resolving.

Last edited by Cuchulain on Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:33 am

Cuchulain wrote:Well its a good thing I am central right wing and not left wing then I guess, where it is easy for me to show how flawed and piss poor some posters arguments against refugees are.
They argue off some ISIS terrorists getting through when they are already getting through due to poor border checks.
German was one nation that decided to life this to allow many in thus German takes full responsibility for its citizens if they have allowed some to get through.
agreed...however they now want to "pass them around" talk about a poisoned chalice....

So again there to claim off checks is absurd when these checks can and should happen. What has happened in many cases is the checks have stopped completely or where there is an influx of refugees. What that means is a nation should then implement more personnel; to help deal with the influx. As countries have a duty under international law to help refugees

and pray HOW are you going to "check" anything these people tell you...I mean its not like we have access to syrias equivalent of "Somerset House" is it?
and even the press are showing that they are destroying ID documents etc...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:35 am

victorismyhero wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:Well its a good thing I am central right wing and not left wing then I guess, where it is easy for me to show how flawed and piss poor some posters arguments against refugees are.
agreed...however they now want to "pass them around"  talk about a poisoned chalice....

and pray HOW are you going to "check" anything these people tell you...I mean its not like we have access to syrias equivalent of "Somerset House" is it?

How do you check anything people tell when they come through borders normally?
In many cases, you will not know what their intentions are.
Some there will be criminal information, only if though they have criminal records.
So again you ignore the fact people can get through daily into this country because the security checks are not thorough enough.
Again look to where the fault is, with the system, not the refugees.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:37 am

Anyway catch you later Victor

Hope the fishing with your grandson has been a awesome

Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:39 am

Cuchulain wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

Well if there is another attack, I will place the blame squarely at the door of those who committed such acts.

WOw didge...how absolutely...........pointless............ Of course it will make you feel better I suppose....but what will that achieve...nothing! will it help prevent more...NO...will it be any help to those affected....NO
AND...we have to work with "what is"........ "what may be" or "what is ideal" is of no consequence and irrelevant....

I could then very well blame the Government for not ensuring that the nation has better security checks/ Luckily our security services are very good having thwarted a number of attempts so far.
So using this to deny helping people in imminent need is not only appalling. Its arguing off fear to terrorists getting through when they already can and do get through to deny refugees.
Why on earth would people blame refugees who have been in the main fleeing this violence?
Its absurd and ethically and morally wrong, when its the security check system, that needs resolving.

IF, (and only if), you are going to say that ONLY those with cast iron irrefuteable identities and proof of skills (regardless of what those skills are ) are going to be comming here then maybe I can accomodate that idea......

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:40 am

victorismyhero wrote:
gelico again wrote:

It took me six months to get from Syria to the UK. Now I want to live with dignity  Surpri10

Ah... a large 'pink unicorn' shaped leftie cloud of guff... must be a mother ship, or rather... a "non specific (gender/sexuality etc) person of parental responsibility type vessel/vehicle for the purpose of transportation"...(of a large number of like minded leftie twats)!!!

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:41 am

Cuchulain wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

ummm...by refering back to the authorities in their country of origin perhaps...at least then you can check they are actually who they say they are (within reason)
Some there will be criminal information, only if though they have criminal records.
So again you ignore the fact people can get through daily into this country because the security checks are not thorough enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:27 am

victorismyhero wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Well if there is another attack, I will place the blame squarely at the door of those who committed such acts.

WOw didge...how absolutely...........pointless............ Of course it will make you feel better I suppose....but what will that achieve...nothing! will it help prevent more...NO...will it be any help to those affected....NO
AND...we have to work with "what is"........  "what may be" or "what is ideal" is of no consequence and irrelevant....

I could then very well blame the Government for not ensuring that the nation has better security checks/ Luckily our security services are very good having thwarted a number of attempts so far.

IF, (and only if), you are going to say that ONLY those with cast iron irrefuteable identities and proof of skills (regardless of what those skills are ) are going to be comming here then maybe I can accomodate that idea......

Not pointless at all when we again already have a flawed system that allows ISIS members to get through which at no point have you addressed Victor. So I will blame the terrorists and those in power to why we have a flawed border control system. Again the only possible way even with greater border controls, would be to stop any one entering the country, be it tourists, migrants business etc, which would be a nightmare and would cripple the economy. They already should have a list of people who are no longer in the uk and to hold any who may look similar at border control until they can be checked out. Anyone also returning from certain areas should be detained until verified.
Again though to deny refugees off border controls when they have to have papers is absurd, where again if they do not then they can be legally detained.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:33 am

victorismyhero wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

ummm...by refering back to the authorities in their country of origin perhaps...at least then you can check they are actually who they say they are (within reason)

How do you refer back to a country that has many different factions in controls of different areas?
Anyway whilst the world is watching the refugees. If I was planning a strategy hypothetically, by wanting to infiltrate the UK. Or a naumber of possibilities which require the world's attention to be fixed on the refugee crisis which ISIS played a massive part in creaating remember. In this strategy ISIS fighters avoid being with the refugees, but promote a view, that thousands of ISIS fighters were mingled in with them. The majority of refugees in the EU are being processed in Germany etc. Where as if you traveled as a tourist or using false papers into the Uk, then you stand a better chance to go unnoticed. Their strategy would be to divert the threat of ISIS fighters coming from the regions where now large groups of refugees havet settled. I mean think about it victor, Germany has not exactly been a target of terrorism like France or the UK, so why would you follow the refugees if your targets were the UK and France for example? Again refugees coming to the uk from Syria are going to brought on uk ships I understand and those checks can be made on them whilst in voyage.

Everyone is expecting thousands of ISIS to be within the flow of refugees to Germany etc. This may possible allow the British security forces to be lulled into a false sense of security thinking that these fighters will be in mainly central Europe, as Britain has hardly accepted any Syrian refugees. No doubt after the hype, a high priority would be issued to check any refugees coming to the UK from the EU over fears they are ISIS. ISIS could infiltrate via the airports after jounrying from Qatar for example So in my opinion ISIS have pulled off another propaganda coup. They have generated a fear of the refugees to the point Europe would close their doors to them which is likely to happen within the next two months. They view any Muslim refugees from land surrounding the Islamic state fleeing as committing a massive sin. Where if Europe closes its doors many are then forced back to the middle east, which is where they want them. Then whilst the worlds attention is drawn to the refugee crisis, its very feasible that ISIS has formulated a plan to infiltrate fighters into the UK, France etc. As now many believe ISIS has infiltrated within the refugees. Intelligence sources will no doubt be utilized to gather intelligence from within Europe as a priority. Which would take away vital intelligence resources.  ISIS will have no doubt send a 20 to 30 of their supporters with the refugees. Sp some can be deliberately captured to make their claims look legitimate and fuyrther intensify the fear around refugees travelling. While all the while ISIS will possible be trying to infiltrate straight into the UK, France etc or any number of possible reasons that requires the worlds eyes centred on the refugee problem in Europe..

So I think yet again ISIS are playing the worlds media to their own tune, making the refugees become the threat by themselves declaring they have smuggled thousands of fighters with refugees. What better way than to spread fear and panic within EU nations in regards to the refugees. Do not forget that one of the two main aims of terrorism is to influence political behaviour. Which is being achieved by the borders being closed and the refugees being seen as a threat. Nations are being led by fear promoted by ISIS to stop further refugees coming through their countries. Hungary has done this followed by Croatia soon. How many others will follow? They have completely manipulated nations to now fear refugees by a claim they started, which should have been properly questioned to it if it was a cover to distract from their real intent. Remember the aim of terrorism is to disrupt the lives of as many people as possible and now countries are playing to their tunes by closing their borders. What if there is an alternative strategy behind the claim and whether their claim to thousands of fighters being with the refugees was nothing more thana deliberate diversion to cover their real intent but also create mass panic and fear at the same time? Of which I am sure a few posters on here will freely admit they have fallen prey to the threats of ISIS in regards to their claim on their fighters being with the refugees. How these same people are also backing the closure of borders. Where this same posters are viewing the refugees as a threata and suspicion.

At the end of the day its all hypothetical, but as seen from my points if this was their strategy, it has clearly worked by spreading fear and having Political influence. So maybe those who believe 4,000 fighters have infitrated, may want to think and ponder analternative possible ISIS stratetgy. Then ask themselves if its possible that ISIS have possibly manipulated them into believing a false claim about thousands of ISIS fighters travelling with the refugees? It makes me further ponder why in the video Gelico posted that a young make would do the slit your throat sign? Why would you easily allow yourself to be indentified on camera if you are menat to be hiding your identity in order to later carry out an attack?  Did Gelico or anyone else think to question that point? Why would an ISIS supporter give their identity away unless they were ordered to? It only makes sense to validate ISIS fighters within the refugees? In other words to fool the EU into believeing 4,000 have infiltrated Not only that, why would ISIS even inform the world it was sending 4000 fighters to infiltrate? Which based on their numbers. loss of territories, ISIS fighters killed and fighting on multiple fronts, they need as many fighters as they can get? 4,000 is yoo big a force to lose tactically. Hence even the figure should have been question as it makes very little sense. It really only make sense for them to tell of their plan to infiltrate, if their main intention was to instill fear and panic within the EU.
Well quell surpirse, guess what, if this was their plan and intention, it certainly has then worked.

Do you know what this reminds me of?
When the allies were fooled by Goebbels.s propganda in regards to  Alpine Fortress . Now there was plans to move back huge forces into this area, but by the end hardly any units had formed there. Goebbles had even set up a special unit to spread rumours about the Alpine fortress. He collaborated with the SS and SD to produce fake blueprints on construction, supllies and units. Its even a possibility that this helped sway the decision for the allies not to take Berlin. Goebbles plan was a complete success as the allies believed such forces had convered to the Alphine Fortress and that it was going to be heavily fortified.
So Eisenhower diverted forces to the area to cut off retreateing German units trying to gain entry into the Fortress. Which when the allies did penetrate Bavaria and Western Austria, they met very little ressistance. So the claims made by the German propaganda machine on the strengh of the Fortress had been nothing more than myths and had completely fooled the allies.

So have you thought of this possibility Victor?

Right have to go so again night

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:24 am

6 months to get from syria to uk, what did they use ryanair.....??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:14 am

Cuchulain wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:

How do you refer back to a country that has many different factions in controls of different areas?
Anyway whilst the world is watching the refugees. If I was planning a strategy hypothetically, by wanting to infiltrate the UK. Or a naumber of possibilities which require the world's attention to be fixed on the refugee crisis which ISIS played a massive part in creaating remember. In this strategy ISIS fighters avoid being with the refugees, but promote a view, that thousands of ISIS fighters were mingled in with them. The majority of refugees in the EU are being processed in Germany etc. Where as if you traveled as a tourist or using false papers into the Uk, then you stand a better chance to go unnoticed. Their strategy would be to divert the threat of ISIS fighters coming from the regions where now large groups of refugees havet settled. I mean think about it victor, Germany has not exactly been a target of terrorism like France or the UK, so why would you follow the refugees if your targets were the UK and France for example? Again refugees coming to the uk from Syria are going to brought on uk ships I understand and those checks can be made on them whilst in voyage.

Everyone is expecting thousands of ISIS to be within the flow of refugees to Germany etc. This may possible allow the British security forces to be lulled into a false sense of security thinking that these fighters will be in mainly central Europe, as Britain has hardly accepted any Syrian refugees. No doubt after the hype, a high priority would be issued to check any refugees coming to the UK from the EU over fears they are ISIS. ISIS could infiltrate via the airports after jounrying from Qatar for example So in my opinion ISIS have pulled off another propaganda coup. They have generated a fear of the refugees to the point Europe would close their doors to them which is likely to happen within the next two months. They view any Muslim refugees from land surrounding the Islamic state fleeing as committing a massive sin. Where if Europe closes its doors many are then forced back to the middle east, which is where they want them. Then whilst the worlds attention is drawn to the refugee crisis, its very feasible that ISIS has formulated a plan to infiltrate fighters into the UK, France etc. As now many believe ISIS has infiltrated within the refugees. Intelligence sources will no doubt be utilized to gather intelligence from within Europe as a priority. Which would take away vital intelligence resources.  ISIS will have no doubt send a 20 to 30 of their supporters with the refugees. Sp some can be deliberately captured to make their claims look legitimate and fuyrther intensify the fear around refugees travelling. While all the while ISIS will possible be trying to infiltrate straight into the UK, France etc or any number of possible reasons that requires the worlds eyes centred on the refugee problem in Europe..

So I think yet again ISIS are playing the worlds media to their own tune, making the refugees become the threat by themselves declaring they have smuggled thousands of fighters with refugees. What better way than to spread fear and panic within EU nations in regards to the refugees. Do not forget that one of the two main aims of terrorism is to influence political behaviour. Which is being achieved by the borders being closed and the refugees being seen as a threat. Nations are being led by fear promoted by ISIS to stop further refugees coming through their countries. Hungary has done this followed by Croatia soon. How many others will follow? They have completely manipulated nations to now fear refugees by a claim they started, which should have been properly questioned to it if it was a cover to distract from their real intent. Remember the aim of terrorism is to disrupt the lives of as many people as possible and now countries are playing to their tunes by closing their borders. What if there is an alternative strategy behind the claim and whether their claim to thousands of fighters being with the refugees was nothing more thana deliberate diversion to cover their real intent but also create mass panic and fear at the same time? Of which I am sure a few posters on here will freely admit they have fallen prey to the threats of ISIS in regards to their claim on their fighters being with the refugees. How these same people are also backing the closure of borders. Where this same posters are viewing the refugees as a threata and suspicion.

At the end of the day its all hypothetical, but as seen from my points if this was their strategy, it has clearly worked by spreading fear and having Political influence. So maybe those who believe 4,000 fighters have infitrated, may want to think and ponder analternative possible ISIS stratetgy. Then ask themselves if its possible that ISIS have possibly manipulated them into believing a false claim about thousands of ISIS fighters travelling with the refugees? It makes me further ponder why in the video Gelico posted that a young make would do the slit your throat sign? Why would you easily allow yourself to be indentified on camera if you are menat to be hiding your identity in order to later carry out an attack?  Did Gelico or anyone else think to question that point? Why would an ISIS supporter give their identity away unless they were ordered to? It only makes sense to validate ISIS fighters within the refugees? In other words to fool the EU into believeing 4,000 have infiltrated Not only that, why would ISIS even inform the world it was sending 4000 fighters to infiltrate? Which based on their numbers. loss of territories, ISIS fighters killed and fighting on multiple fronts, they need as many fighters as they can get? 4,000 is yoo big a force to lose tactically. Hence even the figure should have been question as it makes very little sense. It really only make sense for them to tell of their plan to infiltrate, if their main intention was to instill fear and panic within the EU.
Well quell surpirse, guess what, if this was their plan and intention, it certainly has then worked.

Do you know what this reminds me of?
When the allies were fooled by Goebbels.s propganda in regards to  Alpine Fortress . Now there was plans to move back huge forces into this area, but by the end hardly any units had formed there. Goebbles had even set up a special unit to spread rumours about the Alpine fortress. He collaborated with the SS and SD to produce fake blueprints on construction, supllies and units. Its even a possibility that this helped sway the decision for the allies not to take Berlin. Goebbles plan was a complete success as the allies believed such forces had convered to the Alphine Fortress and that it was going to be heavily fortified.
So Eisenhower diverted forces to the area to cut off retreateing German units trying to gain entry into the Fortress.  Which when the allies did penetrate Bavaria and Western Austria, they met very little ressistance. So the claims made by the German propaganda machine on the strengh of the Fortress had been nothing more than myths and had completely fooled the allies.

So have you thought of this possibility Victor?

Right have to go so again night

So not one of the anti Refugee brigade going to comment that they it might be the case that ISIS has pulled off a massive propaganda coup. Where the media has spread so much fear of ISIS fighters to the tune of 4,000 being intermingled with the Refugees, to EU nations also succumbing to this fear by closing borders.

I mean seriously can ISIS really spare so many fighters when on Observatory for Human Rights estimates that the force numbers around 80,000–100,000 total (up to 50,000 in Syria and 30,000 in Iraq).

4,000 fighters is a huge proportion of their fighters, can they really stand to lose that many when they the conflict has no signs of ending soon? Surely they might be able to spare 50-100, but 4,000. The more I think about this the more I think ISIS has pulled off creating havoc and fear within the EU.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:40 pm

They are losing in Iraq and Syria because they are getting hammered by air strikes and resistance on the ground so some are running to try to get into EU to start terrorism here in EU countries.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:25 pm

So I will leave one major point in regards to the claim of ISIS stating 4,000 a near impossible figure as already stated. When was this claim originally stated?

Now not the original claim made in regards to 4,000 fighters infiltrated, but when the claim was first made this year was first made in January.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikegiglio/isis-operative-this-is-how-we-send-jihadis-to-europe#.swdJ9Q3wVe

So even before we go back to this original claim that comes from near enough the same sources, here we have the same claim regurgitated from January. Now 9 months with clear 4,000 have meant to have infiltrated, for one where are they? Why have they been so idol? Or do they simple not exist being as ISIS tries to draw people to their Caliphate and not away from this? They have not the numbers to send such quantities of fighters as it would seriously cripple their offensive capabilities.
Its worked so well this fear nations have been convinced to view refugees as a threat, the very people fleeing from the real threat they actually lived under. Now are they infiltrating very small groups of fighters? No doubt more like in numbers of 2's or 4's, but they have not the resources to send many.

I think people really need to rethink how they have reacted to a threat that was first used this year in January

Hence why the more you look into this the more I am convinced that ISIS have pulled off a propaganda coup with doing very little. The far right are convinced 4,000 ISIS fighters have infiltrated in, even though they should have been since January and thus must be in perpetual hibernation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:39 pm

So how can you categorically state that ISIS fighters are not arriving under the cloak of refugee status!?

You can't and your reasoning is pure waffle!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:16 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:So how can you categorically state that ISIS fighters are not arriving under the cloak of refugee status!?

You can't and your reasoning is pure waffle!!!
there supporters are seemingly everywhere..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Cuchulain wrote:So I will leave one major point in regards to the claim of ISIS stating 4,000 a near impossible figure as already stated. When was this claim originally stated?

Now not the original claim made in regards to 4,000 fighters infiltrated, but when the claim was first made this year was first made in January.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikegiglio/isis-operative-this-is-how-we-send-jihadis-to-europe#.swdJ9Q3wVe

So even before we go back to this original claim that comes from near enough the same sources, here we have the same claim regurgitated from January. Now 9 months with clear 4,000 have meant to have infiltrated, for one where are they? Why have they been so idol? Or do they simple not exist being as ISIS tries to draw people to their Caliphate and not away from this? They have not the numbers to send such quantities of fighters as it would seriously cripple their offensive capabilities.
Its worked so well this fear nations have been convinced to view refugees as a threat, the very people fleeing from the real threat they actually lived under. Now are they infiltrating very small groups of fighters? No doubt more like in numbers of 2's or 4's, but they have not the resources to send many.

I think people really need to rethink how they have reacted to a threat that was first used this year in January

Hence why the more you look into this the more I am convinced that ISIS have pulled off a propaganda coup with doing very little. The far right are convinced 4,000 ISIS fighters have infiltrated in, even though they should have been since January and thus must be in perpetual hibernation.

Hence why I have sent Tommy to the insignificant section when he fails to read a post which further proves there is little point engaging with such a poster. Hence why yesterday he regurgitated all the points I had rebuked. He does not read peoples replies if he disagrees.
Let him sulk in the wilderness for a while until he matures.
Not only that I have made multiple points as to why there is very little validity to the claim of 4000 ISIS fighters infiltrating with the latest influx of migrants. Yet he asks for my reasons when i have made them already. Hence why he is off to the significant section. The most telling point being the same claim was made 9 months ago, of which 'the posters here easily led and manipulated by the propaganda of ISIS' like Tommy and co need to answer where are these 4,000 claimed to have come in January?
Some here clearly fail to understand the aims of terrorism, of which they have now become themselves victims, by being suckered in by their propaganda. By then doing exactly what ISIS want people to do, be ruled by fear. Create a view that refugees are the threat. Bring about political change and disrupt societies and nations.
Have made numerous points as to why it would serve ISIS better to cause complete panic and fear and need not hardly send many ISIS fighters at all. If some are captured it will just increase the hysteria, playing into ISIS's hands

Laters

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next