NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeremy Corbyn overwhelmingly elected as leader of the Labour Party

+3
nicko
Tommy Monk
Eilzel
7 posters

Go down

Jeremy Corbyn overwhelmingly elected as leader of the Labour Party Empty Jeremy Corbyn overwhelmingly elected as leader of the Labour Party

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:54 pm

Blimey! How long is it since we had a conviction politician in a leaders role?
Not since John Smith I would say.

I am delighted he has won and won so convincingly. Whilst I don't agree with everything he says he isn't half a breath of fresh air.

His first action as leader? To join a protest rally against govt policy on refugees
Brilliant.

A light at the end of the tunnel at last cheers

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Corbyn overwhelmingly elected as leader of the Labour Party Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn overwhelmingly elected as leader of the Labour Party

Post by Eilzel Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:08 pm

Fully agree, I only hope he is ready for the lion's den of front bench politics.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Jeremy Corbyn overwhelmingly elected as leader of the Labour Party Empty Re: Jeremy Corbyn overwhelmingly elected as leader of the Labour Party

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:33 pm

There are a lot of happy people today and not just Labour party supporters but those who vote Conservative and UKIP too..............

Who said it's not possible to please all of the people all of the time Jeremy Corbyn overwhelmingly elected as leader of the Labour Party Grin_310

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:16 pm

feelthelove wrote:There are a lot of happy people today and not just Labour party supporters but those who vote Conservative and UKIP too..............

Who said it's not possible to please all of the people all of the time Jeremy Corbyn overwhelmingly elected as leader of the Labour Party Grin_310

They are all delighted I'm sure, I hope they continue to smile when, as Owen Jones said, all the people that felt unable to vote Labour and so switched to to UKIP and the SNP come back.
The low paid sick and disabled have a chance and the people who are anti austerity and anti war will be dancing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:18 pm

Eilzel wrote:Fully agree, I only hope he is ready for the lion's den of front bench politics.

I hope so too. I hope that the hatchet jobs and the the smear campaigns continue to backfire big time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:20 pm

Problem is that he is pro EU isn't he?

And pro mass immigration...!!!

Plus he wants to leave NATO and give up our nuclear deterrent... as well as raise taxes on all us struggling working people just to hand it over to others and foreigners...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Went to see him last Sunday at Burston Strike School, completely sold out and thousands there.  Our CLP had a rep there today.  Sat in my lounge clapping and yelling.  People on the net saying that their grandparents/daughters/sons asking how they can sign up on line.  Membership figures already rising.  I'm quite sure that seeing the reactions to him Cameron now has a very forced smile.  This is a movement, principled and with values and it hasn't been seen in the UK for a long time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:24 pm

Nems wrote:
feelthelove wrote:There are a lot of happy people today and not just Labour party supporters but those who vote Conservative and UKIP too..............

They are all delighted I'm sure, I hope they continue to smile when, as Owen Jones said, all the people that felt unable to vote Labour and so switched to  to UKIP and the SNP come back.
The low paid sick and disabled have a chance and the people who are anti austerity and anti war will be dancing.

It's going to be an interesting time in UK politics isn't it! Some of the shadow cabinet has already resigned, only time will tell if he is able to unite the party.  

I've seen a lot of "Bye bye Labour Party" posts over the net today.  He's got his work cut out Jeremy Corbyn overwhelmingly elected as leader of the Labour Party Yes10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:29 pm

Added bonus - the resignation of the Blairites.  He won't have the bother of sacking them.  Large number of MPs like Clive Lewis, MP for South Norfolk, who have been backing JC's campaign and who are a breath of fresh air and full of energy, brilliant communicators and and brain on their shoulders.  People like him, Keir Starmer etc are who we need now.  The fools who are saying that this is going to cause the downfall of Labour are in for a real shock, and it will be brilliant to watch.  This is just the beginning, real opposition showing the Tories for what they are and giving people hope.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:19 pm

What an outstanding speech he gave. That's the first I've actually really heard him and boy was I impressed and what a complete contrast to the blandness of Milliband and other politicians. A fantastic communicator who knows how to connect with the people. Finally a politician that I feel will walk the talk. A great day for Labour!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:40 pm

Was listening to the co founder of the stop the war coalition being interviewed and I think what he said was spot on. Labour lost the support of many people years ago. Corbyn has never changed his stance on things and has later been proved right like WMD etc.
The opinion of the Labour Party inside the Palace of Westminster is a million miles away from the views of the man in the street. The establishment is very far out of touch.
The knives will be out for him of course, but there is no denying he won by a mile. The more I se of him the more I like him.
Saw that fatuous Yvette Cooper saying she would support him and wasn't the sort to take her bat and ball home, then did just that and resigned. Andy Burnham was my choice until Tommy pointed out he abstained in the austerity vote. Guess who didn't?!

For the first time I a long time it feels like their is hope.

Scrapping Trident would cancel the national debt... Think about that people.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:14 pm

Mr Putin will love that.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:44 pm

Nems wrote:Was listening to the co founder of the stop the war coalition being interviewed and I think what he said was spot on. Labour lost the support of many people years ago. Corbyn has never changed his stance on things and has later been proved right like WMD etc.
The opinion of the Labour Party inside the Palace of Westminster is a million miles away from the views of the man in the street. The establishment is very far out of touch.
The knives will be out for him of course, but there is no denying he won by a mile. The more I se of him the more I like him.
Saw that fatuous Yvette Cooper saying she would support him and wasn't the sort to take her bat and ball home, then did just that and resigned.Andy Burnham was my choice until Tommy pointed out he abstained in the austerity vote. Guess who didn't?!

You sure that was me...?

Anyway... scrapping our nuclear deterrent while other questionable nations are secretly building up theirs is a fool hardy thing to even be thinking!!!

People lost touch with labour years ago when they started allowing huge mass immigration which has undermined the lives and work prospects of their core voting population.

And meet the new boss... same as the old boss... pro more mass immigration and the costs that come with it!!!

Also... isn't he very pro EU too...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:26 pm

Nems wrote:Blimey! How long is it since we had a conviction politician in a leaders role?
Not since John Smith I would say.

I am delighted he has won and won so convincingly. Whilst I don't agree with everything he says he isn't half a breath of fresh air.

His first action as leader? To join a protest rally against govt policy on refugees
Brilliant.

A light at the end of the tunnel at last cheers

Totally agree 100% Nems.
Nail on head.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:41 pm

Nems wrote:Was listening to the co founder of the stop the war coalition being interviewed and I think what he said was spot on. Labour lost the support of many people years ago. Corbyn has never changed his stance on things and has later been proved right like WMD etc.
Saw that fatuous Yvette Cooper saying she would support him and wasn't the sort to take her bat and ball home, then did just that and resigned. Andy Burnham was my choice until Tommy pointed out he abstained in the austerity vote. Guess who didn't?!

Absolutely spot on Nems.

Couldn't agree more.  JC has stood by his principles from the day he enterered Parliament.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:47 pm

Very happy he won, as there is now zero chance of Labour winning the next election if he is leader, even more so when he wises to remove our nuclear deterrent
You are all forgetting one major thing. The vast majority of Labour back him, but does the general public to lead the country. After a Coalition Austerity Government Labour should have been able to garner support to win, they failed. He is too left for many in this country and that will be the telling issue come general election time. People have seen when last a very left wing Labour party was in power. Need I remind anyone?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:54 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:22 pm

I do hope those predicting the end of the Labour Party are made to eat their words.
Besides, the complete shower that labour had become, would be no loss.
Ordinary people including the young are becoming engaged again and getting some passion and some fight. No wonder the establishment , to put it crudely, are shitting themselves!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:08 pm

Shuffle the loaded labour deck as much as you want...

But you lot then just keep dealing out the same cards!!!

Corbyn is just a different face promoting the exact same things as before!!!

The exact same things that the British people are against!!!

Pro mass immigration, pro EU (which also means continued uncontrolled open door immigration to 500 million EU people), pro more borrowing and spending to pay for this continued mass immigration, pro more taxes on the already struggling working people to put towards paying for it all!!!

How is this anything new or different to existing labour policies and What they did over their last 13 years in govt!!!???

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:31 pm

Nems wrote:I do hope those predicting the end of the Labour Party are made to eat their words.
Besides,  the complete shower that labour had become, would be no loss.
Ordinary people including the young are becoming engaged again and getting some passion and some fight. No wonder the establishment , to put it crudely, are shitting themselves!

This might make you smile then - Over 10,000 new members have joined Labour since this morning!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:41 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Shuffle the loaded labour deck as much as you want...

But you lot then just keep dealing out the same cards!!!

Corbyn is just a different face promoting the exact same things as before!!!

The exact same things that the British people are against!!!

Pro mass immigration, pro EU (which also means continued uncontrolled open door immigration to 500 million EU people), pro more borrowing and spending to pay for this continued mass immigration, pro more taxes on the already struggling working people to put towards paying for it all!!!

How is this anything new or different to existing labour policies and What they did over their last 13 years in govt!!!???

And What about my points above Sassy...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:03 am

Nems wrote:I do hope those predicting the end of the Labour Party are made to eat their words.

Why?
He is so far left wing, its easy to predict the nation would never vote in someone so radical in to run this country. Labour had moved away from this kind of Politics, because if anything people always care about one thing most of all and that is who can provide them with the most money in their pockets. Of which someone very left wing is not going to instill such confidence in that.

What has interested me and just further backs up he is not fit for purpose is that President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner was raving about him as a great friend. Where it is well known he wishes to open the door to handing the Islands back to the Argentinians by first making the Islands  joint controlled, going against the wishes of the Islanders. Not only that he is a big supporter of the BDS movement who do not believe in the two state solution, deny the existence of Israel and who call for the destruction of Israel. Even  Norman Finkelstein a champion of the left and Palestine, wants nothing to do with the BDS movement being as they are antisemitic. as they want to see the destruction of Israel. These are things that are not going to win Jeremy many friends, unless you are antisemitic of course. Though what most concerns me personally is his sympathy for the IRA and the very fact he has refused to condemn their terrorist attacks, which to me makes him the lowest scum of the earth.

So am I concerned about Jeremy gaining power? Not at all his Political views will end up alienating to many people, where I actually foresee labour real intent here is to gain back their loses in Scotland, well known for its lefty support, but by doing so will end up pushing many centralist labour supporters over to the Liberals. Such a left wing Labour party would benefit also the Liberals in furthering their identity better as a center party very much separate from Labour So Labour are still going to very much struggle to do well in Scotland and they will certainly lose votes to the liberals with such a left wing leader. To claim people are engaging politics again based off his victory is very much being dishonest Nems, he is like any other Politician, dishonest and avoids answering difficult questions over his ties to followers of extremists

I am a realist at the end of the day and was very happy he won, because when somebody tries to be friends with too many groups of which some are at odds with the very freedoms we stand for in this country. I can be very confident to say he does not stand a chance of obtaining power, mainly because the last election shows most of the populace are center to center right voters, around 60 percent which will only increase further with Labour center supporters moving to vote for a different party.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:56 am

that was £3 well spent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:57 am

Eilzel wrote:Fully agree, I only hope he is ready for the lion's den of front bench politics.

something tells me that if jez is still on the streets rabble rousing at the end of a mega phone he is going to be eaten alive in the lions den

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:59 am

sassy wrote:Went to see him last Sunday at Burston Strike School, completely sold out and thousands there.  Our CLP had a rep there today.  Sat in my lounge clapping and yelling.  People on the net saying that their grandparents/daughters/sons asking how they can sign up on line.  Membership figures already rising.  I'm quite sure that seeing the reactions to him Cameron now has a very forced smile.  This is a movement, principled and with values and it hasn't been seen in the UK for a long time.

scary

i imagine you have a picture of dear leader above your fireplace

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:40 am

To be fair to state of the UK economy in 2020 will decide if JC can lead the Labour party to victory or not. If we are in decline he will be PM, if we are stable as this year, he will fail.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:00 am

sassy wrote:

This might make you smile then - Over 10,000 new members have joined Labour since this morning!

That is fantastic
Saw Billy Bragg being interviewed and he was saying how vital is it
now for people to step up and be heard to build on this momentum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:02 am

will we finally see some spine in British politics, somehow i doubt it...

Last edited by heavenlyfatheryetagain on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:04 am

sassy wrote:

Im not surprised
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:08 am

sassy wrote:

is that the same as ten muhhamads living at the same address for postal votes??

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:40 pm

If the man really is an IRA supporter, as has been reported, there's no way I'd vote Labour with him at the helm, even if I agreed with every single one of his policies.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:07 am

I'm glad Jeremy Corbyn won the leadership contest because this is a debate that needs to be had as the outcome will determine what kind of society we want for the people of our country.

Time will tell I suppose.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:58 am

im a big fan of his renationalising of the power companies - cant wait for the UK to go black when those bastards decide to strike, which will probably be shortly after his quantitive easing causes the prices for everyday essentials to skyrocket but his maximum national living wage prevents wages from increasing to compensate for it

hoisted by his own pitard, springs to mind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:36 pm

Mass immigration causes increasing costs of living... businesses can only afford to pay so much if to remain afloat...

And Bru, we want a country that looks after OUR people!!!

This is becoming increasingly difficult when we are increasingly being expected to look after so many other people from other countries too!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down