NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Britain will take in thousands of new Syrian refugees, David Cameron to announce

4 posters

Go down

Britain will take in thousands of new Syrian refugees, David Cameron to announce Empty Britain will take in thousands of new Syrian refugees, David Cameron to announce

Post by Guest Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:47 am

Britain will accept thousands more Syrian asylum seekers in response to the migration crisis engulfing Europe, David Cameron will announce in the coming days. In a marked shift in tone, the Government is preparing plans to resettle the refugees fleeing Isil jihadists in the region in an attempt to fulfil its “moral obligation”. Officials are working on a “detailed package” to give asylum to Syrians under the “vulnerable persons relocation scheme”, which has so far seen 216 people allowed to come to the UK. It will be seen as a change of direction by Mr Cameron, who on Wednesday insisted that Britain would not accept “more and more” migrants. Hours after he made those comments, images emerged of a three-year-old boy lying lifeless on a Turkish beach. Aylan Kurdi died when the boat carrying him and his family from Syria capsized.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/nicola-sturgeon/11841808/David-Cameron-insists-he-cares-about-refugees-amid-criticism-from-Tories.html

A fine example of how public opinion swayed a Government into doing the right thing.
That opinion should never have been needed, but nice to see the public can help alter policies with enough media pressure.

Back to top Go down

Britain will take in thousands of new Syrian refugees, David Cameron to announce Empty Re: Britain will take in thousands of new Syrian refugees, David Cameron to announce

Post by veya_victaous Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:54 am

yay
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Britain will take in thousands of new Syrian refugees, David Cameron to announce Empty Re: Britain will take in thousands of new Syrian refugees, David Cameron to announce

Post by veya_victaous Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:00 am

I will commend the British people for pressuring the gov't (RW at that) to do what is good and just.
relieved
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:09 am

Did Cameron agree to this before or after the Germans had a go at him?

I hope it was before - he wouldn't want to be seen as kowtowing to the Germans.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:24 pm

The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:01 pm

Problem, where are they going to live? Do we have thousands of empty houses? I know we have thousands of these houses lying empty over the country, but a lot are not habitable and if refurbished should they not go to people of this country who have been waiting for years for a home of their own. If these Migrants are given them over the needs of our own people, I can see trouble ahead. That said I see no answer to it.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:45 pm

nicko wrote:Problem,    where are they going to live?     Do we have thousands of empty houses?  I know we have thousands of these houses lying empty over the country,   but a lot are not habitable and if refurbished should they not go to people of this country who have been waiting for years for a home of their own.   If these Migrants are given them over the needs of our own people,   I can see trouble ahead.   That said I see no answer to it.

Yes, that will be a problem - people here already complain about the lack of affordable housing.

They could put them in caravans at holiday resorts I guess. The holiday season is nearly over anyway.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down