NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What happens when you comment on Daily Mail articles with actual Nazi propaganda

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What happens when you comment on Daily Mail articles with actual Nazi propaganda Empty What happens when you comment on Daily Mail articles with actual Nazi propaganda

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:28 am

We've highlighted how in the last few weeks, media coverage of migration into Europe has become increasingly alarmist, not helped by our prime minister using language more associated with the far-right.
The anti-migrant sentiment expressed in some papers became too much for the people behind the @bestofthemail and @dmreporter Twitter accounts, who prefer to remain anonymous.
In a post on Medium, they detailed an experiment conducted on the comments section of the Daily Mail website to show the dangers of this dehumanising language becoming normalised.
They wrote:
[We] wanted to see what level of support the comments would get if we took some famous pieces of Nazi propaganda and changed the word 'Jew' with 'migrant'.
Here's what happened:
What happens when you comment on Daily Mail articles with actual Nazi propaganda 29187-1skg5tw
Yes, that quote has received 193 up-votes.
They got more blatant, yet the up-votes kept on coming:
What happens when you comment on Daily Mail articles with actual Nazi propaganda 29187-7pmu7e
And then Adolf Hitler himself was quoted:
What happens when you comment on Daily Mail articles with actual Nazi propaganda 29187-ho056c
What happens when you comment on Daily Mail articles with actual Nazi propaganda 29187-ggi3j6
The last time they counted, they received 480 up-votes compared to 16 down-votes for right Nazi comments.
In an email to i100.co.uk, @BestoftheMail said:
In recent weeks we were both fairly shocked by the tone of much of the migrant debate, especially the dehumanising and hateful nature of the language used to describe them. We wanted to illustrate how easy it is for hate speech to become normalised and show the importance of focusing on the people and the facts rather than resorting to prejudice.
@DMReporter told us:
What really interested us was the amount of support these comments were getting. Every website gets comments like this submitted but what struck us most was the enthusiastic manner in which they were accepted. They were just knee-jerk approvals instead of any considered thought about what sort of comment they were actually agreeing with.
The Mail is hardly unique in this respect. One of worst examples in recent memory was from Sun columnist Katie Hopkins, whose description of migrants as "cockroaches" led to accusations she was adopting the tone and language of the Third Reich. On a liberal medium such as Twitter, the comments are enough to make you despair, and even on the Independent website.
Mail Online later stopped @DMReporter from making further comments on its site for "going against the community guidelines".

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/what-happens-when-you-comment-on-daily-mail-articles-with-actual-nazi-propaganda--Zy4ccsnBEx

Some people are so easily lef by hate, they pander to fear.
The point is to challenege this everytime and the more people challenge the more people will see that such views are vile and have no place in a modern society

Back to top Go down

What happens when you comment on Daily Mail articles with actual Nazi propaganda Empty Re: What happens when you comment on Daily Mail articles with actual Nazi propaganda

Post by veya_victaous Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:34 am

that is pretty scary pale pale pale pale
i have no doubt the dumb racist would swallow it hook line a sinker here too
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

What happens when you comment on Daily Mail articles with actual Nazi propaganda Empty Re: What happens when you comment on Daily Mail articles with actual Nazi propaganda

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:31 pm

Cuchulain wrote:What happens when you comment on Daily Mail articles with actual Nazi propaganda 17499-3ysvn

Well go back to your bit of it, stop ruining it and start working to improve it...!

We will help you do that in your home land, but you must understand that you can't all just turn up here as it is ruining our home land too and then we'll all be fucked!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:48 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:What happens when you comment on Daily Mail articles with actual Nazi propaganda 17499-3ysvn

Well go back to your bit of it, stop ruining it and start working to improve it...!

We will help you do that in your home land, but you must understand that you can't all just turn up here as it is ruining our home land too and then we'll all be fucked!!!

I was born here you idiot, so this is my home.
This thread is about the likes of you where you have such appalling comments about people because you are so hateful based on a misconception you have in regards to people with different tones of skin. Seriously I bet you do not even come out with half the crap you do on here at work or with others, this is what makes me laugh as I have no doubt many people would end up kicking the crap out of you. I know many people and certainly would not tolerate the crap you come out with.
So be honest do you really spout the crap you do on here, outside this forum?
As I very much doubt it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:55 pm

I don't think Tommy meant you personally Didge.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't think Tommy meant you personally Didge.

Lol you mean he was responding to a cartoon?

Now that is a tad worrying lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:57 pm

He does have a point. It would be better if things were improved in the place they want to leave wouldn't it?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:He does have a point. It would be better if things were improved in the place they want to leave wouldn't it?

Easier said than done Rags, where in many cases we have not helped the situation, we left instability on both Afghanistan and Iraq for example, hence why we have a duty to help those fleeing as do other nations. Anyway Tommy's reasons stem from racial hatred.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:03 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:He does have a point. It would be better if things were improved in the place they want to leave wouldn't it?

Easier said than done Rags, where in many cases we have not helped the situation, we left instability on both Afghanistan and Iraq for example, hence why we have a duty to help those fleeing as do other nations. Anyway Tommy's reasons stem from racial hatred.

Well the "West" interfering doesn't help, I agree, but then again things are usually pretty bad even before that happens.

Why are some areas in the world always plagued with the same old problems? It's one thing after another - usually some group or another wanting to take over, and another lot fighting them, etc.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:05 pm

I mean - look at Iraq. OK, so the West interfered there obviously, but afterwards the Iraqis had a chance to build something good, and it all got wrecked again.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Well the "West" interfering doesn't help, I agree, but then again things are usually pretty bad even before that happens.

Why are some areas in the world always plagued with the same old problems? It's one thing after another - usually some group or another wanting to take over, and another lot fighting them, etc.

You could say the same for the West for centuries which has only seen peace for a relatively short amount of time Rags. It easy to say today and point the finger at where the problems are today, but they once were not the main trouble areas. You only have to go back a short time to see the violence on Northern Ireland and the UK where we were pointed at as a problem area.. The problem in the Middle Eat is two fold to me. One since the Arab springs which came too early, where Muslims wanted change, many sadly were crushed by the more ultra conservatives. This led to fear as it once was in the west when religion started to lose sway of its hold on power. Now you are seeing a growth in more conservatism Islam through fear it will lose its grip on power. The second is of course the proxy war going on between Saudi and Iran and I fear this is going to contue for at least 30 to 40 years, with many sadly dying on both sides. It will in the end make people turn away from violence and be sick of it as started to happen in the end in Northern Ireland. We have not helped the situations of course, but people do need our help and where we can we should try to help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:14 pm

But if everyone left because of those issues, we'd have millions trying to come here. It must surely be better for the situation in those countries to be resolved. How that's done I don't know, but when the IRA were active here, people weren't running to other countries to claim asylum.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:17 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I mean - look at Iraq. OK, so the West interfered there obviously, but afterwards the Iraqis had a chance to build something good, and it all got wrecked again.

I agree many nations once defeated look to rebuild and move on, but this did not happen, because you had outside influences from both the Saudis and Iranians funding insurgents and terrorism, to gain supremacy. The biggest mistake the Americans did was push aisde any former Baarthist members and from within the army, where they felt ostracized. This led to resentment and further insurgency. The problem is older than the Iraq war itself, You only have to go back tot he first Iraq war to see problems from before where people rose up is Basra and were cruelly crushed by Saddam. This was many Shia and Kurds who rose up and it is estimated that between 100,000 and 200,000 were killed and in many cases butchered by Saddam. This also played a fundemntal fact on this rearing up itrs ugly head again after what had happened before. It even goes further back than this, so the West is not fully to blame only a small partial blame more so with pusing aside the ex-Baarthist members. The biggest failure of Bush and co is they did not forsee this happenning and the resentment within the country where countless people had been butchered under Saddam. So there is many factors at play here which would have happened with or without western intervention. Eventually an Arab spring would have arisen in Iraq as well. What is debateable is whether it could have been contained and led to like Syria a civil war.

Last edited by Cuchulain on Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:But if everyone left because of those issues, we'd have millions trying to come here. It must surely be better for the situation in those countries to be resolved. How that's done I don't know, but when the IRA were active here, people weren't running to other countries to claim asylum.

Again easier said than done and millions already do flee to other Middle Eastern countries. No they were not running but then the violence was not to the point of an open civil war, as it had once been in the earlier part of the 20th century.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:23 pm

Anyway Ragss, as interesting as this is discussing, sorry, have things to do, so have a good evening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:26 pm

The Arab Spring didn't seem to do much good either. As soon as the cheering stopped, more fighting started. It's as if they can't bear to have any peace at all.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:30 pm

Didge is mental.

Any common sense and logical arguments are lost on someone with such a twisted opinion...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:37 pm

to which the captains reply should be

oh is that so...aint we all....

"DUST thou art and unto dust thou shall return.."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:50 pm

I honestly think, after reading that, and much more over the last while, humanity has lost it's way.  Men have turned into animals with no care for their fellow man.

Send them back to sort it out Tommy.  You mean people like this:

A survivor from Eritrea drew pictures of what happened to him

What happens when you comment on Daily Mail articles with actual Nazi propaganda O-IRAN-CELEBRATE-NUCLEAR-570

Syria

What happens when you comment on Daily Mail articles with actual Nazi propaganda Facebook-Syria-conflict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:59 pm

anyhows...ref the O/P

one can tell the wet letteuces are getting panicky again

they are starting to attempt to shut down open debate with the NAZI connection again

EVERY TIME any oposition is voiced you can be sure theres a lefty chanting nazi nazi nazi

only one problem me old ducks.....

its become so over used no one except other wet letteuces takes any notice.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:00 pm

Anyhows, you can tell the people who would have followed Hitler like sheep are coming out of the woodwork, they sicken me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:02 pm

I said send the Africans back to Africa to the African union to deal with... it is a vast continent with abundance of safe places and resources... instead of pointing the finger of blame at us, why not ask why they are not doing more for their own people...!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:05 pm

so by that logic you cant say ANYTHING without "being the same as " some-one who said something similar before,

so in saying something similar to what jesus said makes me jesus does it???

wow...I'm ok for wine then...and fish...and bread...anyone for sardines on toast? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:05 pm

washed down with a nice chardonney???

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:10 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/pregnant-teen-held-hostage-isis-6232034

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3193766/Horrific-treatment-11-year-old-Yazidi-sex-slave-forced-protect-depraved-ISIS-captor-gunfire.html

Pure Islam... pure evil...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:12 pm

victorismyhero wrote:anyhows...ref the O/P

they are starting to attempt to shut down open debate with the NAZI connection again

EVERY TIME any oposition is voiced you can be sure theres a lefty chanting nazi nazi  nazi

It actually sounds like your comment is trying to shut down debate on how susceptible some people can still be to Nazi propaganda What happens when you comment on Daily Mail articles with actual Nazi propaganda 202592697

Why can't we talk about it?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:14 pm

you can....but you fail to see context...
another convenience of the wet letteuces....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:15 pm

anyway...bog off back to bed...you aint had enough sleep yet.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:15 pm

victorismyhero wrote:you can....but you fail to see context...
another convenience of the wet letteuces....

What context? People are upvoting Nazi anti-Jew propaganda.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:15 pm

victorismyhero wrote:anyway...bog off back to bed...you aint had enough sleep yet.....

/fir ====
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:16 pm

Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:16 pm

are they ? i thought they could only see the implied "modern version"....

oh well......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:18 pm

and your mind (such as it is) is by your own admission (having lost it) wandering around of its own volition (god help us all)

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:07 am

NO HE DOESN'T

sorry the UK specifically WENT TO EVERYONE ELSE'S HOMELAND and fucked it up on purpose to steal their stuff
so any idea that the UK can say "oh no, it's ours you cannot peacefully share it" is illegitimate.

YES Africa and a number of other nations though out the world are still suffering from the things you nation is still profiting from.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:09 am

victorismyhero wrote:are they ?  i thought they could only see the implied "modern version"....

oh well......

They changed one or two words! Isn't it the sentiment that counts?!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:18 am

stuff that rubbish veya....by THAT thinking the rheirs of the romans...(that would be the italians) owe us brits billions
not to mention what french owe us via the normans
then theres the vikings

AND...dont presume to lecture US untill you sort out your own native peoples......

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:48 am

victorismyhero wrote:stuff that rubbish veya....by THAT thinking the rheirs of the romans...(that would be the italians) owe us brits billions
not to mention what french owe us via the normans
then theres the vikings

AND...dont presume to lecture US untill you sort out your own native peoples......

we have, largely, we give them $250 a week Rolling Eyes  free education including university and easily entry requirements. they get the free health care like everyone else. the issue with some is largely as pointed out in the interesting fact thread they live somewhere we call uninhabitable so we cant give them hospitals and education because we cant survive out there to do it. Suspect

so why should you not pay you shipped most the wealth back to the UK, and yeah all of Europe should just STFU and become one nation already Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing  we aren't saying you need to pay each of the 200+ aboriginal nations, just that you stole it so the idea that it is exclusively yours to use or there is some 'justification' or 'right' to it is preposterous.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:54 am

erm...no I didnt....
visit not the sins of te father and all that rubbish

besides what I have was bought by the sweat of my father down the mines...

if you want "the riches of nations past" back...apply to queenie and co......

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:54 am

as for one nation...sod that...that would mean being friends with the frogs....no thanks....

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:08 am

victorismyhero wrote:erm...no I didnt....
visit not the sins of te father and all that rubbish
that is Christian Rubbish, Pay bitches  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz

besides what I have was bought by the sweat of my father down the mines...
and that wealth came into the economy to be earned by and Englishmen from dead bodies on the other side of the world

if you want "the riches of nations past" back...apply to queenie and co......

We do regularly  Suspect  Suspect  Suspect  like every single year  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  it took over 30 years to get the aboriginal heads back you lot we keeping as trophies, 1993 so not that long ago  No  
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:26 am

victorismyhero wrote:anyhows...ref the O/P

EVERY TIME any oposition is voiced you can be sure theres a lefty chanting nazi nazi  nazi

The purpose of the thread is to show how disgusting some peoples comments are, which it seems you wish to excuse.

Why is that?

This is about people having vile views, which have no place in modern Britain, unless you think they are acceptable.

They either are wrong or you back people to be vile about others for no other reason than hate?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:30 am

veya_victaous wrote:

NO HE DOESN'T

sorry the UK specifically WENT TO EVERYONE ELSE'S HOMELAND and fucked it up on purpose to steal their stuff
so any idea that the UK can say "oh no, it's ours you cannot peacefully share it" is illegitimate.

YES Africa and a number of other nations though out the world are still suffering from the things you nation is still profiting from.

Here we go again.

The trouble is that you and others think that the best way to go forward is to constantly refer to the past and go on about who did what to whom. Well it's not is is? Unless you think that's working out really well in Israel/Palestine of course.

Wouldn't it be great if everyone could just stop, look around them and say, well here we are, we can't change the past, we can only go forward?

Do you really think that the answer is to say to millions of people - come over here because it's our fault that you're poor/in danger/pissed off?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:34 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:
victorismyhero wrote:are they ?  i thought they could only see the implied "modern version"....

oh well......

They changed one or two words! Isn't it the sentiment that counts?!

Possibly, but it's not exactly strong stuff is it?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:13 am

no and its "loaded" any way

it talks of "battle, fighting, destroying" etc

all "emotive" and hyperbolic nonsense

they are not rats, to be "fought"

more like the neighbours cat, to be shoo'd away....and not encouraged

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:16 am

oh and it was on te "Mail" website

a rag whos readership has a collective IQ of a slime mould, and the reasoning ability of a dead snail....

quite frankly I'm not surprised

I wonder how many of those "upvotes" were done from within the mail organisation , in order to give em something to write about...
and how many more were simply trolls out to create a fuss...

in other words its likely bull shit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:18 am

then the left seize it and suddenly its an example of how everyone opposed to letting in any johney foreigner that comes knocking, without restriction or checks is a secret nazi....

and lets face it thats what they are doing.....

the left dont want debate ...the left want their way or they will scweam and scweam untill they are thick........

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:25 am

That bit about the Almighty not helping a lazy man - it's hardly "nazi speak" anyway. No, I'm not bringing religion into this, it could be said to be another way of saying that people create their own luck couldn't it?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:31 am

the alternative I heard was "the lord helps them that helps themselves"

but yes, you are right Ragga....that is exactly what it means...you have to remember that this is also couched in terms of the language used 70 years ago.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:36 am

victorismyhero wrote:the alternative I heard was "the lord helps them that helps themselves"

but yes, you are right Ragga....that is exactly what it means...you have to remember that this is also couched in terms of the language used 70 years ago.....

Yes, it's exactly like that really.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next