NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photographer Haley Morris-Cafiero's revealing project looks at passers-by, looking at her

Go down

Photographer Haley Morris-Cafiero's revealing project looks at passers-by, looking at her Empty Photographer Haley Morris-Cafiero's revealing project looks at passers-by, looking at her

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:39 pm

Long before she caught them on camera, Haley Morris-Cafiero noticed them: the stares, the glances. Then, while working on a self-portrait series in Times Square in 2010, the photographer captured it by accident. A man looking at her seemingly in disgust (see gallery below).
"We were there in the sensory overload capital, yet he seemed fixated on me," she recalls. "And he's kind of sneering, kind of laughing at me." Instead of being upset at a stranger's negative reaction to her appearance, Morris-Cafiero went to work. She had her next project. "This idea of being able to capture the way someone looks at you was so thrilling. I wanted more. So I started setting up the camera and I've been doing it ever since." The result is an astonishing series of portraits that are variously amusing and sad, shocking and liberating.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/features/photographer-haley-morriscafieros-revealing-project-looks-at-passersby-looking-at-her-10441187.html

What a brilliant idea. Posting up pictured which have caught people out mocking them for this now end up with those who mocked in a very bad light. That is karma for you but I have a feeling as seen from the abuse she has had for it, that they never learnt from this.

Here is a valid point though.
How would people on here would react to a friend of theirs posting the picture up on one of the social websites, mocking a woman or a man?
Would they also laugh with their friends or condemn what they have done?

Last edited by Cuchulain on Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Photographer Haley Morris-Cafiero's revealing project looks at passers-by, looking at her Empty Re: Photographer Haley Morris-Cafiero's revealing project looks at passers-by, looking at her

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:45 pm

There is a reason behind this question and very interested to see who is honest here answering this.

Have fun everyone, see you all later.

Back to top Go down

Photographer Haley Morris-Cafiero's revealing project looks at passers-by, looking at her Empty Re: Photographer Haley Morris-Cafiero's revealing project looks at passers-by, looking at her

Post by eddie Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:33 pm

Hmmm,. Sorry but it's only natural to loom at some people. I mean, I'll look if someone is stunning, or has their huge boobs out, or if a man is wearing his slippers walking down the road, I'll,stare if someone is really really huge or really really skinny!

I like people-watching so tend to look at a lot of people if I'm honest?

I don't generally look at people and laugh and point though. But in my head I'm probably making comments to myself.
I think it's only human behaviour tbh.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:56 am

eddie wrote:Hmmm,. Sorry but it's only natural to loom at some people. I mean, I'll look if someone is stunning, or has their huge boobs out, or if a man is wearing his slippers walking down the road, I'll,stare if someone is really really huge or really really skinny!

I don't generally look at people and laugh and point though. But in my head I'm probably making comments to myself.

Now there was an honest answer I was looking for.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:13 am

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:Hmmm,. Sorry but it's only natural to loom at some people. I mean, I'll look if someone is stunning, or has their huge boobs out, or if a man is wearing his slippers walking down the road, I'll,stare if someone is really really huge or really really skinny!

Well I always aim for honesty! lol!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:18 am

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Well I always aim for honesty! lol!

Cool Eddie and did count on you to provide an honest answer.  Smile

I just think like you say it depends on the situation and where we might not like someone we would actually forgo what is right because we do not like someone and laugh at them. Its a sad reality and am very much full of praise for this girl for what she is doing to try and change bad perceptions, as we do too often easily judge.

You get top marks from me on your answer though, a cut above the rest.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:25 am

Well I think it's silly to assume people don't judge - we all do it, but we know it's wrong.
Beauty comes from within but so very often we all forget that, me included!

It's only natural to stare at people, good or bad, and also we have to except that people will stare at us - I may go out dressed up as a dinosaur later, just to prove my point!  Photographer Haley Morris-Cafiero's revealing project looks at passers-by, looking at her 3489511464
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:29 am

eddie wrote:Well I think it's silly to assume people don't judge - we all do it, but we know it's wrong.

It's only natural to stare at people, good or bad, and also we have to except that people will stare at us - I may go out dressed up as a dinosaur later, just to prove my point!  Photographer Haley Morris-Cafiero's revealing project looks at passers-by, looking at her 3489511464

I think if you dressed up as Wilma or Betty from the Flintstones and posted the pics, you would have all the male posters in the palm of your hand.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:30 am

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:Well I think it's silly to assume people don't judge - we all do it, but we know it's wrong.

I think if you dressed up as Wilma or Betty from the Flintstones and posted the pics, you would have all the male posters in the palm of your hand.

Laughing

Hahahahahaha so you like cavewomen?
Not sure I have that costume anywhere.... lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:32 am

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Laughing

Hahahahahaha so you like cavewomen?
Not sure I have that costume anywhere.... lol!

Grrrrrrrr, what is not to like?

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:34 am

Hahahahahaha bet vic likes them too! They're meat-eaters after all  Photographer Haley Morris-Cafiero's revealing project looks at passers-by, looking at her 3489511464
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:52 am

eddie wrote:Hahahahahaha bet vic likes them too! They're meat-eaters after all  Photographer Haley Morris-Cafiero's revealing project looks at passers-by, looking at her 3489511464

To be fair I reckon Victor is well up for a laugh and you would have to attempt to restrain him from dressing up as Fred Flintstone or Barney.
I think Victor would be the one who would be encouraging all of us to join in.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down