NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donald Trump banned from major event over menstruation jibe at Megyn Kelly

4 posters

Go down

Donald Trump banned from major event over menstruation jibe at Megyn Kelly  Empty Donald Trump banned from major event over menstruation jibe at Megyn Kelly

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:08 am

Conservative activist Erick Erickson, organizer of the RedState Gathering, says mogul went ‘a bridge too far’ in discussing Fox News moderator’s tough questioning

Donald Trump has been officially banned from one of the biggest gatherings of conservative activists after implying he received hostile questioning during the first Republican presidential debate because the television moderator was menstruating.
Trump was uninvited from the RedState Gathering late on Friday after saying in a CNN interview that Fox News’s Megyn Kelly “had blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever”, while questioning him during Thursday night’s debate.

The real estate mogul had been scheduled to appear at a special tailgate at the College Football Hall of Fame in Atlanta at the close of RedState Gathering on Saturday night.
Erick Erickson, the organizer of the event and a major conservative activist tweeted late on Friday night, “I have rescinded my invitation to Mr. Trump. While I have tried to give him great latitude, his remark about Megyn Kelly was a bridge too far.”
In a follow-up blog post, Erickson amplified why he was disinviting Trump: “there are even lines blunt talkers and unprofessional politicians should not cross,” he wrote. “Decency is one of those lines.”
The falling-out marked the first major break with Trump from a key figure in the mainstream conservative movement. Republican strategist Matt Mackowiak told the Guardian: “This is the first time that a significant figure in the conservative movement has stood up to Trump and it’s cost him anything.
“I expect Trump to lash out at Erick but Erick wins when he fights and has a huge microphone and speaks to a lot of conservatives across the country.” Mackowiak added it also represents a missed opportunity for Trump to speak to conservative activists and reporters who had gathered for the event.
Trump’s latest comments about Kelly also met with an immediate rebuke from the only woman running for the Republican nomination. Former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina tweeted on Friday night, “Mr. Trump: There. Is. No. Excuse.”
Fiorina added in a follow-up tweet: “I stand with @megynkelly.”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/08/donald-trump-black-balled-by-conservatives-over-menstruation-comment

What an utterly repellent man he is.

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump banned from major event over menstruation jibe at Megyn Kelly  Empty Re: Donald Trump banned from major event over menstruation jibe at Megyn Kelly

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:29 pm

Megyn Kelly was menstruating during the debates?  She did a pretty good job.  

If so, there's proof that a woman can be president of the most powerful nation on earth, despite debilitating cramps once a month.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Donald Trump banned from major event over menstruation jibe at Megyn Kelly  Empty Re: Donald Trump banned from major event over menstruation jibe at Megyn Kelly

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:19 pm

Seriously, I think the only point to be realized from this is that Republicans are in such a state of disarray that they can't help but bump into each other like this.

And, this is the result of the mendacity of conservatives generally.  Conservatives must serve two masters: 1) money and special interests, which are their primary focus; and 2) the various causes that they have little interest in, but which they know the public will devour...a tactic necessary to garner votes when you don't actually serve the people.

Trump is the champion of the latter: make noises that stir people up, yet distract from the fact that Republicans and conservatives offer no programs that will benefit, nor even favor people.  Somewhere in that dump heap of ideas he is bound to bump into, and offend someone.

Republicans have skated near or on the line before.  Offend Mexicans when Hispanics are about the become the majority population in American.  Offend the unemployed when most of them are veterans who have come back from Iraq and Afghanistan risking their lives for the nation.  Offend the poor by denying a minimum wage, when most of America borders on poverty and hence has the votes.  And, offend women, when they represent 63.7% of the voting population (percentage of female citizens 18 and older who reported voting in the 2012 presidential election; contrast males at 59.7%).  http://www.infoplease.com/spot/womencensus1.html

You can't live a lie forever, and survive.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:36 pm

Hmmm. He's a twat but he only said what some people may have been thinking.
I don't go near a couple of my mates when they're due on a period. They turn into right cows!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:02 pm

eddie wrote:Hmmm. He's a twat but he only said what some people may have been thinking.
I don't go near a couple  of my mates when they're due on a period. They turn into right cows!

Wow. Well, I wouldn't know.

But I will say that Megyn Kelly did a good job. She was extremely adversarial, but she was that way with everyone. So were they all. I see nothing that would have singled out Trump for special mention in their questioning.

In fact, it was the first time that Fox News came across as doing something unbiased, but important. (I mean, if you consider Republicans in general important, anymore.) Fox seems basically to go out of its way to be 'other-directed'...chatty and witty, yes, but always at someone (liberal) who is not there. For the first time, I saw real in-your-face confrontation with them...the kind of stuff you see with Chris Matthews everyday on MSNBC's Hardball.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:16 am

Donald Trump banned from major event over menstruation jibe at Megyn Kelly  B3xVa38
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:18 am

He is! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:20 am

He's a joke. But so are Republicans, so they get along.

Go back to sleep. It's not even time to get serious about the presidential race. This is just the Republican clown show.

One thing to consider: Trump is a friend of Hillary Clinton's. Do you think she could have put him up to this to embarrass the Republican Party? If so, they fell for it whole hog.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:16 am

Donald Trump banned from major event over menstruation jibe at Megyn Kelly  AGBGaCR

The race, which already comprises 17 major candidates, got an additional entrant this week who has fashioned his name after an infamous rap song.

A person named "Deez Nuts" filed official paperwork with the Federal Election Commission to run for President Sunday, CBS News reported, joining more than 500 other random contenders who have the legal right to run for the presidency.

More shockingly, however, is how well Nuts, who is running as an independent, is faring in the key state of North Carolina, where, according a to a Public Policy Polling poll, the mysterious figure got the support of 9% of likely voters.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/deez-nuts-polling-9-north-carolina-voters-article-1.2331085

Champion, they should get elected just for having the balls...
Deez Nutz 2016
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:52 pm

Again, it is a kind of living parody of the Republican slate.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:52 pm

Deez can't legally run for another 20 years -- when he turns 35 Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:19 pm

veya_victaous wrote:Donald Trump banned from major event over menstruation jibe at Megyn Kelly  B3xVa38

Absolutely agree, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't Donald Trump banned from major event over menstruation jibe at Megyn Kelly  Confus14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down